Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

The international break hasn't been a help to United as they have load of injuries for tomorrows game with Martial,Pogba,Shaw out for certain and Wan Bissaka,Lingard doubtful.  Will Ole go with the likes of Young,Mata,Matic or opt for youth? i think if the former all start i would expect Leicester to grab at least a draw. They have a midfield trio in Ndidi,Tielemans,Maddison that would cause the top two in City,Liverpool problems never mind a slow Mata and Matic and their striker in good form Vardy needs no introduction.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 13, 2019, 04:03:12 PM
The international break hasn't been a help to United as they have load of injuries for tomorrows game with Martial,Pogba,Shaw out for certain and Wan Bissaka,Lingard doubtful.  Will Ole go with the likes of Young,Mata,Matic or opt for youth? i think if the former all start i would expect Leicester to grab at least a draw. They have a midfield trio in Ndidi,Tielemans,Maddison that would cause the top two in City,Liverpool problems never mind a slow Mata and Matic and their striker in good form Vardy needs no introduction.

It'll be another tough afternoon. Leicester will run them ragged.

Joeythelips

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on September 13, 2019, 04:37:57 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 13, 2019, 04:03:12 PM

It'll be another tough afternoon. Leicester will run them ragged.

Im not so sure about that, if Leicester sat back and tried to hit united on the break they could win, but Leicester tend to be very open which suits United. Its also a big test for Leicester as most people reckon it will be them who break into the top 6 (probably at uniteds expense) so its a big game in that regards. I agree that if United play Mata and Matic they are in big trouble as both are far too slow.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 09, 2019, 04:01:39 PM
Quote from: yewtree on September 09, 2019, 01:44:20 PM
Utd have fallen back to non contenders.Just looking at our own Bobby getting his 50th league goal ,Fermino  true son of the KOP.
Sturridge chip at the weekend was worth the flights and hotel alone ,Mancs are not in our league anymore ! #YNWA

Someone likes fishing. United are still contenders technically speaking but there is no doubt they are a long way off Liverpool and City (as is everyone else) and they will struggle to make the top 4 and could conceivably not even make top 6 as the squad is continues to be rebuilt and deadwood cleared out.

I wont mind too much that Liverpool fans continue to slag off united's current malaise once their own side fail once again to win the premier league, the one prize they so desperately want.

I think they'll do it this season. They've been on an upward trajectory since Klopp came.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Boycey

Just seen that Utd auld lads snuck a win against the much vaunted Leicester midfield.  Well done

Cunny Funt

That was a much needed win for United and the most impressive thing was keeping a clean sheet and restricting a decent side like Leicester to few clear cut chances.

Maguire,Wan Bissaka and Lindelof apart from that one error 1st half that almost led to a goal defended well. McTominay is improving with the more games he plays was probably United's best player today. Could have scored 3 set piece goals this afternoon but apart from the James,Mata chances it was struggle to create much from open play.  Fred looked lively when he came on, surely a better option than Matic  for the games ahead?

stiffler

Another game and another penalty for Utd, this time scored.

If the earlier penalties in the season were dispatched accordingly, Utd would be sitting clear 2nd in table.

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

An Watcher

Soft penalty? Only seen it once quickly

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Watcher on September 15, 2019, 10:08:36 AM
Soft penalty? Only seen it once quickly

Clear penalty. A silly foul.

snoopdog

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 09, 2019, 04:01:39 PM
Quote from: yewtree on September 09, 2019, 01:44:20 PM
Utd have fallen back to non contenders.Just looking at our own Bobby getting his 50th league goal ,Fermino  true son of the KOP.
Sturridge chip at the weekend was worth the flights and hotel alone ,Mancs are not in our league anymore ! #YNWA

Someone likes fishing. United are still contenders technically speaking but there is no doubt they are a long way off Liverpool and City (as is everyone else) and they will struggle to make the top 4 and could conceivably not even make top 6 as the squad is continues to be rebuilt and deadwood cleared out.

I wont mind too much that Liverpool fans continue to slag off united's current malaise once their own side fail once again to win the premier league, the one prize they so desperately want.
This yew tree lad is on the Down gaa chat talking  nonsense also. Best to not take his contribution seriously.  You should see the idiotic post he made on intermediate and junior championships.

GJL

DeGea signed up for another 4 years. Great news.

BennyCake

Quote from: GJL on September 16, 2019, 04:13:25 PM

Only because nobody else wants him.

Stuck with him for another 4 years. God help us.

NAG1

Quote from: BennyCake on September 16, 2019, 04:18:20 PM

What utter BS

Top keeper in the EPL for the last 5/6 seasons. Player of the year numerous times.

Glad to see him signed up.

BennyCake

Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2019, 09:52:55 AM

What utter BS

Top keeper in the EPL for the last 5/6 seasons. Player of the year numerous times.

It's not BS.

He nearly signed for Real 3/4 years ago. Then after a shite WC in 2018, nobody was sniffing after him. Real got Courtois instead. De Gea was pissing about over signing a deal, but nobody else was interested. De Gea clearly doesn't want to be at United by his behaviour this last few years.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: BennyCake on September 17, 2019, 01:32:23 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 17, 2019, 09:52:55 AM

What utter BS

It's not BS.

He nearly signed for Real 3/4 years ago. Then after a shite WC in 2018, nobody was sniffing after him. Real got Courtois instead. De Gea was pissing about over signing a deal, but nobody else was interested. De Gea clearly doesn't want to be at United by his behaviour this last few years.

He's been poor enough now, his options seemed to be Juve or PSG....nowhere else really for him to go at the type of cash he ended up getting.