kieran mc geeney retires from intercounty football

Started by clean cotton, September 13, 2007, 10:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Sure what do kildare think they're at? we know better in armagh than all these eegits. and we saved a few pound too i'll wager...

orangeman

All those fellas together would be some team - inspirational !

full back

Too many chiefs & not enough indians spring to mind though

Dinny Breen

QuoteGeezer, Grimley and Boylan

Ah lads stop, I'm getting a hard on here  :-[
#newbridgeornowhere

johnpower

Given the intense club competition in Kildare it wil be a great move bringing some one of McGennys experience in . Kildare are down at the momement but it is a County really in need of a boost in terms of its Senior team .

Over the Bar

QuoteHow would Meath folk react to Boylan (after so many great years) taking someone else?

Sean Boylan owes Meath nothing so anyone who says otherwise isn't worth worrying about.

QuoteI've heard that Paul Grimely will be joining McGeeny as will the surprise packet sean Boylan the former Meath manager who will be coming on board as a consultant type role!

Does this remind anyone of the Ireland soccer set up with Staunton and Bobby Robson?  Either give McGeeney the chance on his own to see if he is the man for the job or he isn't.   I've yet to see any of these 'Dream Team' set-ups work and they usually end in farce.  Could be a case of Geezer himself not thinking he has it and the Kildare county board trying to convince him by drafting in Boylan as back-up.

Real Talk

I'd say it's not likely Sean Boylan would ruin his reputation by going to Kildare!!!