Colm O'Rourke vs. the GPA

Started by Jinxy, October 26, 2014, 07:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Average Score

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 27, 2022, 12:20:12 AM
I used to go 6 times a week to the gym, I found performance and time spend dropped after session 3, so I dropped to 5 then 4.basically 2 then gap day, 2 then gap day, and I actually improved on lifting and power, and extra time spend, I was burning myself out and not giving time to recover.

I use to go 3 times a week, then my son passed his driving test so I don't go anymore.  ;D

Captain Scarlet

The media nights before the league finals are cancelled. I am devastated!
How will I know if Clifford thinks that Mayo are having a great year with lads coming back in.
Or if Lee Keegan in turn thinks Clifford is a great player, but there are loads more to watch!
Was it Kieran Cunningham who avoided all press nights one year and went chatting older players and got great stories.

Overall, surely this is counterintuitive for the players if they want to benefit from their profile.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

quit yo jibbajabba

"That performance yesterday wont win anything the next day"

seafoid

The GPA are in a fairly weak position.
If it goes on for a while players will lose interest.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on March 28, 2022, 08:39:44 PM
The media nights before the league finals are cancelled. I am devastated!
How will I know if Clifford thinks that Mayo are having a great year with lads coming back in.
Or if Lee Keegan in turn thinks Clifford is a great player, but there are loads more to watch!
Was it Kieran Cunningham who avoided all press nights one year and went chatting older players and got great stories.

Overall, surely this is counterintuitive for the players if they want to benefit from their profile.

Is this really their ace in the hole? Completely toothless.

rosnarun

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 26, 2022, 06:09:37 PM
There's no need for any player to be training more than 4 times a week,
maybe but who pays the piper if they are call into central training or meetings or indeed Physio for injured players more often .
Does it have to be they player rather than the organization?
Also are the GAA a reliable partner to deal with or do they Renage on agreement given half a chance
these i think are the Crux of the GPA argument
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2022, 04:13:29 PM
maybe but who pays the piper if they are call into central training or meetings or indeed Physio for injured players more often .
Also are the GAA a reliable partner to deal with or do they Renage on agreement given half a chance
Zoom meetings? Cuts down on travel expenses a lot

marty34

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 30, 2022, 10:49:28 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on March 30, 2022, 04:13:29 PM
Zoom meetings? Cuts down on travel expenses a lot

If training more than 4 nights a week (say 3 training sessions and 1 game) would that not be classed as burn out?

I thought this was one of the main points of the GPA? To cut down to burnout/player welfare?

Captain Scarlet

Is the ban lifted? I see Clifford on Off the Ball and Geaoid Hegarty chatting RTÉ.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 12, 2022, 04:43:46 PM
Is the ban lifted? I see Clifford on Off the Ball and Geaoid Hegarty chatting RTÉ.
Their own sponsors probably told them theur obligations

twohands!!!

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 12, 2022, 04:43:46 PM

No - the GPA ban was only for certain things - I'm nearly certain that it was just media activity on match days and media activity in relation to the various championship launches.
This gave them room if they wanted to escalate things down the road.