Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: Angelo on February 25, 2020, 02:22:18 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 25, 2020, 01:37:10 PM
What has happened Conor Quinn, he impressed earlier in the season

Quinn is too light at the minute, just out of u20 so I'd say it could be a couple of years before he cements a spot down.

Not sure why he wasn't released back to the U20 squad along with Murnaghan and Canavan.

toby47

Cathal McShane's horrific ankle injury will keep him out of action for five months.

The talismanic 24-year-old Tyrone target man suffered a dislocated ankle when he fell awkwardly during the Red Hands' Division One defeat to Galway at Tuam Stadium on Sunday. He was stretchered from the field and had the ankle re-set and placed in a cast.

The cruel setback comes back just weeks after the All Star attacker confired that he was resisting overtures from AFL outfit Adelaide Crows to commit himself to Tyrone. McShane will now play no part in the remainder of the league and is also ruled out of the Red Hands' Ulster SFC or Qualifier campaigns this summer.

Mickey Harte's charges will have to advance to the Super 8s in his absence if we are to see their 2019 top scorer in action again this season

GlenMan

Quote from: the_daddy on February 25, 2020, 02:44:49 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on February 25, 2020, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 25, 2020, 02:22:18 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on February 25, 2020, 01:37:10 PM
What has happened Conor Quinn, he impressed earlier in the season

Quinn is too light at the minute, just out of u20 so I'd say it could be a couple of years before he cements a spot down.

Not sure why he wasn't released back to the U20 squad along with Murnaghan and Canavan.
Because he's overage?

Just realised that - thought he was part of the U17 team in 2017. My bad.

HokeyPokey

See McKenna looks to be going back to Oz. I think it shows how valued he is over there, if they are making so many allowances for him. Hopefully we see him in a Tyrone jersey again at some stage.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: HokeyPokey on February 25, 2020, 10:31:31 PM
See McKenna looks to be going back to Oz. I think it shows how valued he is over there, if they are making so many allowances for him. Hopefully we see him in a Tyrone jersey again at some stage.

I think the club would cater for any player if they where feeling homesick and wanted time off,every player is an asset to them so they need to keep them right to get value for the wages they pay, esp in the current world with all this talk of health and wellbeing etc

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on February 26, 2020, 08:47:26 AM

I think the club would cater for any player if they where feeling homesick and wanted time off,every player is an asset to them so they need to keep them right to get value for the wages they pay, esp in the current world with all this talk of health and wellbeing etc

You have a good chance of seeing him back in Tyrone colours but not for another few years, but by then what will he have left? Better concentrating on what we have and where we go from here, starting with Dublin on Saturday night. One week in Tyrone football seems like an eternity these days.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 26, 2020, 09:41:10 AM

You have a good chance of seeing him back in Tyrone colours but not for another few years, but by then what will he have left? Better concentrating on what we have and where we go from here, starting with Dublin on Saturday night. One week in Tyrone football seems like an eternity these days.

Is Healy Park going to be playable? Is the contingency to move it to Edendork on Sunday?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 26, 2020, 10:02:32 AM

Is Healy Park going to be playable? Is the contingency to move it to Edendork on Sunday?

Don't see why Healy Park wouldn't be playable this weekend....bit of rain forecast, gives for a crappy enough day Saturday with winds. You would imagine Edendork already have had the call.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 26, 2020, 10:09:19 AM

Don't see why Healy Park wouldn't be playable this weekend....bit of rain forecast, gives for a crappy enough day Saturday with winds. You would imagine Edendork already have had the call.

I think you've answered your own question
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

southtyronegael

Edendork pitch was badly cut up after Kerry game. Might be no harm getting Dublin away from Omagh somewhere unfamiliar.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 26, 2020, 10:19:04 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 26, 2020, 10:09:19 AM

I think you've answered your own question

Forgot about Healy, highly unlikely it will be there if any rain, although Omagh will do there best to host this one, didn't they raise the price of pints the last time the Dubs came and made an absolute mint!!

southtyronegael

Mickey in the Irish news today saying we "are a work in progress". Been sayin that for near 10 years. Will be some piece of work when it's finished, Michaelangelo would be be proud of it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 27, 2020, 09:38:09 AM
Mickey in the Irish news today saying we "are a work in progress". Been sayin that for near 10 years. Will be some piece of work when it's finished, Michaelangelo would be be proud of it.

Every team is a work in progress
That was never a square ball!!

Taylor

Quote from: southtyronegael on February 27, 2020, 09:38:09 AM

Jaysus STG......what is he supposed to say - 'we are the finished product'?

We could pick holes in every single interview given by a manager (most of them are cliche soundbites anyway).

MH is here for this season anyway - given all of the challenges we have everyone in the county should row in behind him no matter what

skeog

Looking like a washout Saturday.Pomeroy on standby apparently be some culture shock for the Blues.