The 2008 US Election thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, January 04, 2008, 02:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Obama
McCain

give her dixie

All looking good for Obama.
Staying up to see another piece of history in de States.
Enjoying every minute of the excellent coverage between RTE and the BBC.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Old Bill

GREAT interview with jesse jackson on BBC. Studio people said that without someone like jesse jackson, there would be no President Obama today

Tyrones own

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 05, 2008, 01:44:12 AM
Quote from: stephenite on November 05, 2008, 01:41:48 AM
Quote from: Tyrones own on November 05, 2008, 01:26:46 AM

I hear the Black Panthers are intimidating white voters in Pennsylvania  :o

KKK doing the same elsewhere :o

Where's that happening ?

Maybe I should have been more clear for the MSNBC boy's.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeD1RcJjAg
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ziggysego

Like watching history in the making. Obama for President. Another Irish President in the White House ;)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

screenexile

Wowee some doll just got her ass kicked all over the BBC and then Dimblebey cut her off mid argument... great stuff. I thought she was right too. Thon hoor's a pompous Bible thumping Republican fogey!

All reports are having an Obama victory in Ohio and Florida... if it's confirmed it's game over!

ziggysego

Missed that. Was watching TV3 there. Hate flicking, always miss something on one of the other channels.
Testing Accessibility

whitey

Looks like game over. Great campaign by McCain given the headwinds he faced with the economy, housing, stock market, Bush approval ratings in the 20 per cent range,  etc etc. I am surprised he got as many votes as he got

Congratulations to Obama-you waged an even better campaign, winning states Democrats havent won in decades. I didnt vote for you, so please prove me and all the republicans wrong.

5 min wait at the polls....I am in a blue state so my vote for president doesnt really count. I really voted for all the other issues on the ballot

Decriminilization of small amounts of marajuana-yes

Eliminate state income tax-yes

Ban greyhound racing-yes

Build new $4.5M fire station in town (for the 3 volunteer firefighters)-no

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on November 05, 2008, 02:34:50 AM
Looks like game over. Great campaign by McCain given the headwinds he faced with the economy, housing, stock market, Bush approval ratings in the 20 per cent range,  etc etc. I am surprised he got as many votes as he got

Congratulations to Obama-you waged an even better campaign, winning states Democrats havent won in decades. I didnt vote for you, so please prove me and all the republicans wrong.

5 min wait at the polls....I am in a blue state so my vote for president doesnt really count. I really voted for all the other issues on the ballot

Decriminilization of small amounts of marajuana-yes

Eliminate state income tax-yes

Ban greyhound racing-yes

Build new $4.5M fire station in town (for the 3 volunteer firefighters)-no

Americans don't like greyhound racing?

ziggysego

McCain 124 Obama 200 - Just 70 more to go! Popular vote to date McCain 49% Obama 50%.
Testing Accessibility

screenexile

Eyes are getting heavy now... going to watch the next round of poll results which will hopefully put the nail in the coffin then I'm off to bed.

ziggysego

Key states Ohio, Pennsylvania and  New Hampshire go to Obama.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

screenexile, the next four states to close at 3 are all traditionally Republican states. You may go to bed.... unless Obama pulled off a surprise no-one's expecting. Nevada, Puck's state, coming up shortly.
Testing Accessibility