Santa Experiences - Ireland

Started by trueblue1234, July 21, 2023, 02:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Anyone been to Lapland lately?

Who is best to book it through or what are the prices like?

So many options available online that it is difficult to find the best deal

trueblue1234

We were looking but 4 days/ 3 nights for 5 was around 6 grand. That's with all included, sleigh ride, husky ride, snow mobiles etc. expensive for the short duration but would love to do it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

imtommygunn

That's nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

It's a bloody nightmare booking these things as you need to be on it almost immediately or you'll get no tickets. We've done train things this last two years in downpatrick and whiteabbey and they've been ok (for a small toddler but wouldn't be much use up the ages I don't think). They were small places with a small set of enthusiasts putting a lot of effort in.

Might try for glenarm castle or the slieve donard this year.

Jeepers Creepers

Went to Slieve Donard a few years back and thought it was decent (pricey but aren't they all). Went to Mourne cottage 3 yrs in a row and hope to never see it again lol

Taylor

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 24, 2023, 12:39:47 PM
We were looking but 4 days/ 3 nights for 5 was around 6 grand. That's with all included, sleigh ride, husky ride, snow mobiles etc. expensive for the short duration but would love to do it.

Who was that with?

Tony Baloney

Tell them early that Santa doesn't exist.

tyrone08

Quote from: Taylor on July 24, 2023, 12:31:30 PM
Anyone been to Lapland lately?

Who is best to book it through or what are the prices like?

So many options available online that it is difficult to find the best deal

So it yourself and save fortune. You can save a few thousand by booking it yourself in advance

trueblue1234

Quote from: Taylor on July 24, 2023, 04:08:31 PM

Who was that with?
Think it was Santa Claus trips from memory.

clonian

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 24, 2023, 08:19:37 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 24, 2023, 04:08:31 PM

Who was that with?
Think it was Santa Claus trips from memory.

I'm not sure of the cost but there was a family beside us here did the lapland trip but they didn't even stay a night. Think it was a very early flight out and home on a late flight that same day. Seemed a lot of travel but they did a couple of activities, met the main man and away home. Depends on the funds available I suppose.

Most people that go say it's a great experience for the kids but not everyone can justify it. Wish I had done it but the funds just weren't available at the time.

imtommygunn

615 for a kid for a day and 699 for the adult. A list of activities the length of your arm to do but I dunno when you would get time to do them!

tyrone08

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 24, 2023, 10:41:44 PM
There are fairly sensible people discussing this Lapland thing.

Mind blowing.

Don't think of it as seeing santa. Think of it as a holiday. It's a fantastic part of the world and is being one of the most beautiful places I have seen and I have done a fair bit of travelling.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 24, 2023, 10:41:44 PM
There are fairly sensible people discussing this Lapland thing.

Mind blowing.
No different than Disneyland. All a bit of fun for the kids only minus the queues!