It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

It's that time of year again. Last week, we saw the Short Strand residents taking the abuse, this week, it's the turn of...

The LVF has issued death threats to the band, stating that the band members "will be shot" when they arrive to perform at a GAA fundraiser in Newtownbutler, County Fermanagh, on July 3rd if planned parades through the nationalist village are blocked.

Who will feel the wrath next week? This could be a another messy summer.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Fear ón Srath Bán

Apparently the threat specifically mentions that the ballad group "will be shot if we can't march".

Nothing to do with OO of course, not a thing.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Nally Stand

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 27, 2011, 06:08:29 PM
Apparently the threat specifically mentions that the ballad group "will be shot if we can't march".

Nothing to do with OO of course, not a thing.
:D Yes completely unrelated!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

LeoMc

I had to look this up when I saw it mentioned on another thread.

Clampits. I didn't think the LVF extended outside mid-Ulster.

Harold Disgracey

We have the Wolfe Tones booked to play in the shadow of Drumcree Church at the end of August, should we stock up on bullet proof vests?

ExcellentDriver

LVF = Vindictive c**ts. The lowest of the low.

Of course the DUP buddied up to them, using Sinn Fein's buddying up to the 'Ra as self-justification. It makes me sick that the two most Sectarian Parties in NI are now 'Men of Peace'.
Stand up for the Ulstermen!

dillinger

I would have thought the UVF would sort the Lvf out if they tried anything too heavy. Of course this is what the PIRA should be doing to the dissos. Im sure the British would not mind.

haranguerer

Quote from: dillinger on June 29, 2011, 11:29:40 PM
I would have thought the UVF would sort the Lvf out if they tried anything too heavy.

:D

What planet are you on?

Orior

Quote from: haranguerer on June 30, 2011, 08:34:58 AM
Quote from: dillinger on June 29, 2011, 11:29:40 PM
I would have thought the UVF would sort the Lvf out if they tried anything too heavy.

:D

What planet are you on?

Orior's Handy Guide to the Six Counties:

A dissident DUP = TUV
A dissident Down Hurling team = South Down
A dissident BBC presenter = Jerome
A dissident DUP leader's wife = Iris

Any others?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

A dissident football manager: Paddy O'Rourke/Banty

Hardy

A dissident shopper = "dissident what I wanted!".

ExcellentDriver

Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Fear ón Srath Bán

A shy dyslexic dissident = a diffident.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jim_Murphy_74

It appears that Tonto and EG were right....it's not the orange order's fault...it's them fcukers @MTV!!!!!

The Orange Order has blamed what it calls the "MTV generation" for on-street drinking which community workers say fuelled trouble at a parade in east Belfast on Friday.

It came after the order and the police pledged a robust approach to those drinking near parades.
Order Grand Secretary Drew Nelson said action was needed.

"My analysis is that these young people, what they think is cool and socially acceptable  they don't take their lead from the Orange Order or the churches or the traditional organisations, but they take it from the media, they take it from people like MTV.

"What I think is quite damaging is the fact that the MTV awards are coming to Belfast and it has become public now that there is going to be an all-night bar licensed to sell alcohol right through to six o'clock the next morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14016168

/Jim.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on July 05, 2011, 11:42:49 AM
It appears that Tonto and EG were right....it's not the orange order's fault...it's them fcukers @MTV!!!!!

The Orange Order has blamed what it calls the "MTV generation" for on-street drinking which community workers say fuelled trouble at a parade in east Belfast on Friday.

It came after the order and the police pledged a robust approach to those drinking near parades.
Order Grand Secretary Drew Nelson said action was needed.

"My analysis is that these young people, what they think is cool and socially acceptable  they don't take their lead from the Orange Order or the churches or the traditional organisations, but they take it from the media, they take it from people like MTV.

"What I think is quite damaging is the fact that the MTV awards are coming to Belfast and it has become public now that there is going to be an all-night bar licensed to sell alcohol right through to six o'clock the next morning.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-14016168

/Jim.

Who is this MTV fella? Sounds like a bad egg.