Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

If a county hasn't got their representatives sorted by the draw date will they be disqualified?

Under 21 in Armagh has been a disgrace this year. Started in the spring but the semi-finals weren't played until November and now the final is postponed because of Cross' involvement in Ulster. Its a complete joke.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

loughshore lad

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 12, 2010, 12:33:23 PM
If a county hasn't got their representatives sort by the draw date will they be disqualified?

Under 21 in Armagh has been a joke this year. Started in the spring but the semi-finals weren't played until November and now the final is postponed because of Cross' involvement in Ulster. Its a complete joke.

Similar story in Tyrone, in fact they are worse off as the semi-finals have yet to be played!!!

supersub

Down U20 competition has only has two group games played so far!

ONeill

Wouldn't be deadly fond of their spelling of the second month.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

drici

Throw ball

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 24, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
Yet another pointless underage competition with no regard for colleges or university players preparing for MacRory and Sigerson games or just giving lads a rest from county underage games which can't even be fitted into a calendar year.  is there anyone in charge of the GAA who has a strategic thought in relation to the welfare of players?

They take a two month winter break for player welfare.........Oh Sorry, that doesn't apply to University football, schools, club... basically the ones who really need it! ::)

drici

Draw has been put back until 'mid January.'

Preliminary Round:
Naomh Conaill(Donegal) v Kilrea Pearses(Derry)

Quarter Finals:
Belcoo O'Rahillys(Fermanagh) v Monaghan Harps

Cavan v Donegal/Derry

Cargin Erins Own(Antrim) v Eglish St Patricks(Tyrone)

Armagh v Down

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Take Your Points on December 24, 2010, 10:58:27 AM
Yet another pointless underage competition with no regard for colleges or university players preparing for MacRory and Sigerson games or just giving lads a rest from county underage games which can't even be fitted into a calendar year.  is there anyone in charge of the GAA who has a strategic thought in relation to the welfare of players?

I'd say the players who take part don't consider it pointless, in fact for many who don't have the opportunity of playing for schools or universities, this may be the only chance they'll ever have to play football outside of their own county. If the GAA were serious about taking a strategic approach to player welfare they'd ditch the league stages of the McRory Cup and the Ryan Cup before getting rid of this welcome initiative.

drici

Donegal Under 21 Football Championship

Friday 31st December 2010
1st Round:
Naomh Conaill 1-08 Na Ceithre Maistirí 0-04
Naomh Conaill now play Seán Mac Cumhaills in the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Finals:
Na Cealla Beaga 0-04 Gaoth Dobhair 1-17

Naomh Mícheál 0-12 Gleann tSuilí 0-08

The Quarter Final between Cill Chartha and Cloch Cheann Fhaolaidh has been put back owing to Cill Chartha's participation in the Ulster Minor Football Championship at St Pauls.

blueannavy

mayobridge play burren in the down final next weekend

TacadoirArdMhacha

leaveherinsir

Kilrea play Ballinderry this weekend in the South Derry final, and the winners meet Dungiven (i think) in the County final. 3 years ago Kilrea won the Ulster minor tournament.

drici

Donegal Under 21 Football Championship

1st Round:
Naomh Conaill 1-08 Na Ceithre Maistirí 0-04
Naomh Conaill now play Seán Mac Cumhaills in the Quarter Finals.

Quarter Finals:
Na Cealla Beaga 0-04 Gaoth Dobhair 1-17

Naomh Mícheál 0-12 Gleann tSuilí 0-08

The Quarter Final between Cill Chartha and Cloch Cheann Fhaolaidh has been put back owing to Cill Chartha's participation in the Ulster Minor Football Championship at St Pauls.

Quarter Finals:
Cill Chartha 1-10  Cloch Cheann Fhaolaidh 1-07

Seán Mac Cumhaills were unable to field against Naomh Conaill.
Naomh Conaill were awarded the game.

Semi Finals:
Gaoth Dobhair v Naomh Mícheál

Cill Chartha* v Naomh Conaill

Games are due to take place on Sunday January 16th.
(* Date depending on Cill Chartha's involvement in the Ulster Minor Football Championship)

drici

Preliminary Round:
Donegal v Derry

Quarter Finals:
Fermanagh v Monaghan

Cavan v Donegal/Derry

Antrim v Tyrone

Armagh v Down