Ulster Under 21 Football Club Championship (at Creggan)

Started by drici, December 12, 2010, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 25, 2011, 07:23:58 PM
Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 25, 2011, 07:06:51 PM
"GAA Burren manager Sean Ward says they have received a bye to the Creggan Ulster U21 Club Ch'ship semis after Crossmaglen opted out"
Surely no harm in playing it next week?

What would you rather do, play half a team as you are getting ready for a significantly more important competition in a few weeks or play in a tournament and risk injury to some of your most important players?
I would have thought Cross still capable of fielding a team minus their 4 (?) senior starters. Stinks of snobbery IMO.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 25, 2011, 07:30:04 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 25, 2011, 07:23:58 PM
"GAA Burren manager Sean Ward says they have received a bye to the Creggan Ulster U21 Club Ch'ship semis after Crossmaglen opted out"

What would you rather do, play half a team as you are getting ready for a significantly more important competition in a few weeks or play in a tournament and risk injury to some of your most important players?
I would have thought Cross still capable of fielding a team minus their 4 (?) senior starters. Stinks of snobbery IMO.

4 definites and 2 possibles.  Sure we're too good to play in an u 21 competition 3 weeks before an AI semi final ::)  Cat ::)ch yourself on.

fitzroyalty

Sure don't train between now and then incase ya's get injured! FML!

drici

Donegal Under 21 Football Championship
Final

30-01-2011 (Sunday)
Naomh Conaill  v Naomh Mícheál 
2-00pm   O Donnell Park
Seamus McGonagle
( Extra Time if required)

crossfire

We should have nominated Cullyhanna to take our place. ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: crossfire on January 26, 2011, 07:46:35 PM

We should have nominated Cullyhanna to take our place. ;)

Not exactly up to speed are you?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

drici

Donegal Under 21 Football Championship
Final

30-01-2011 (Sunday)
Naomh Conaill  0-08  Naomh Mícheál 1-04 

leaveherinsir

Kilrea 1 - 16   1 - 7 Dungiven in the Derry Final.
Completes a clean sweep of underage c'ship titles for this Kilrea team, they have won every c'ship from under 12 to under 21 in Derry!

drici

Hmmm......

whitegoodman

Drico do u no if this final is still due to be on the 12th feb or has it been put back a wk or 2

drici

Quote from: whitegoodman on January 31, 2011, 07:22:56 PM

Drico do u no if this final is still due to be on the 12th feb or has it been put back a wk or 2

Don't see how it is possible with gaps for teams between games for the competition to be finished by the original intended date of February 13th.

whitegoodman

Didnt think it was possible myself.  Am heading away for the wkend with a couple of boys from the burren club on the wkend of the 18th/20th but if they win their semi final they are unlikely to get

drici

Kilrea Pearses(Derry Champions) 2-17  Naomh Mícheál(Donegal Runners Up) 0-08

Laoch na hImeartha: Enda McAleese(Kilrea Pearses)

drici

whitegoodman