Transfer rules

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, January 14, 2018, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Anybody on here knowledgable in transfer rules.  If a club objects to a transfer can that player leave after a years inactivity with the club they are transferring from?

PMG1

No the inactivity doesn't matter the person transferring must still satisfy the criteria

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

illdecide

I think there are 4 bits of criteria you must meet to warrant your transfer like change of address (different town/county etc) or job. Even if your club refuses to sign your transfer form it can still be dealt with by the County Board and if you have ligitimate reasons for transfering then it should go through quickly enough.

If you are a glory hunter and want a move to the neighbours down the road who are more succesful than your own club then that will be harder to get thru but if you want away bad enough it prob eventually go thru (either next year or the year after). My opinion on it is if the player doesn't want to be at the club the club should let them go with their blessing
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

johnneycool

This is a prime example of what issues there are at large;

From Hoganstand;

Wexford senior hurler Cathal Dunbar looks set to be involved in a controversial transfer given the stance being taken by his club Ballygarret-Realt na Mara.

Dunbar is seeking a transfer to senior club Naomh Eanna, but Ballygarret are keen to retain the services of the player who represented Ireland at the under-21 Shinty series last year.

Last weekend, Dunbar handed in the transfer request to his club, but chairman Murt Fleming told the Wexford People that they would do everything in their power to retain the services of their main player.

"We received the form over the weekend but we will not be signing it," said Fleming. "We will be opposing the application to transfer to Naomh Eanna.

"We dispute the fact that he is living in Gorey. This is a crazy situation and we will be doing everything possible to keep the player. Naomh Eanna have five or six players in the Wexford squad, so they hardly need another inter-county player. We have asked him to give us one more year to help us get out of intermediate 'A'."

Dunbar is set to feature strongly for Davy Fitzgerald's side this year, but the transfer saga looks likely to drag on for some time, which could cause problems for the player.

It's hard to see what pull the home club would have. Don't sign the transfer request and the lad in all probability won't play for them anyway.

Interesting to see what Wexford do now.

magpie seanie

Transfers within a county should be very difficult to get unless it's lads that are well past their prime. My understanding is that the county board will have to decide on a transfer and I don't believe you can appeal a transfer. I was down this road about 10 years ago with a lad leaving my own club. I won't go into it here but it was not a good situation. You have to defend the integrity of your club and your catchment area but it's a little like a divorce.....there are no winners.

Rossfan

True but in a voluntary amateur pastime if someone doesn't want to play for you.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on January 17, 2018, 11:58:07 AM
True but in a voluntary amateur pastime if someone doesn't want to play for you.......

Ya but there are supposed to be rules in place to prevent "tapping up"......it's not just black and white.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 14, 2018, 11:19:46 AM
Anybody on here knowledgable in transfer rules.  If a club objects to a transfer can that player leave after a years inactivity with the club they are transferring from?

Fear, if it's 1 city club to another, and the club the player is leaving rejects the transfer, it'll be a year of inactivity most likely. That's the way it's been with the last few transfers I know about.

Rossfan

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2018, 12:05:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 17, 2018, 11:58:07 AM

Ya but there are supposed to be rules in place to prevent "tapping up"......it's not just black and white.
Things seldom are but if a lad doesn't want to play for you all the rules  do is prevent him from playing at all and that  send him off to soccer or worse. Fkn rubby.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 17, 2018, 11:51:34 AM
Transfers within a county should be very difficult to get unless it's lads that are well past their prime. My understanding is that the county board will have to decide on a transfer and I don't believe you can appeal a transfer. I was down this road about 10 years ago with a lad leaving my own club. I won't go into it here but it was not a good situation. You have to defend the integrity of your club and your catchment area but it's a little like a divorce.....there are no winners.

There needs to be an rule brought in that if you transfer to a club within your own county that you can't play for the first team for at least the first year. Might help put an end to the Donal Vaughan transfers. Something similar needs to be brought in to discourage all the high profile transfers into the top Dublin clubs.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...