Dublin vs Kerry - Sunday September 1st

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, August 05, 2013, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Their last meeting at HQ ended with the Dubs ending a 16 year drought to lift Sam.

Should be a great game - or is it just two teams fighting out to see who gets beat by Mayo in the final?

AQMP

Looking forward to the contrasting styles, open flowing football from the Dubs vs. negative 13 behind the ball Kerry anti-football.

squire_in_navy_slacks

We will park the fooking bus .................................................hold on hold on hold on hold we will save that one for Mayo  ;)

Rossfan

Will ye have any bus to park by then ? ;D
I might stay on for the first half after our Minor Semi.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Yerra we'll de doing well to keep it to a point  the way we are going...

*post intended to be sarcastic but may turn out to be accurate!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2013, 10:08:04 PM
We will park the fooking bus .................................................hold on hold on hold on hold we will save that one for Mayo  ;)

Is that Berno's private bus? When'd he pass his bus drivers' license test?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Rossfan on August 05, 2013, 10:11:05 PM
Will ye have any bus to park by then ? ;D
I might stay on for the first half after our Minor Semi.

;) Ah ya should lad, might be a classic ...........................................

Personally thought Kerry played well within themselves in the second half against Cavan..............................oul Dolce and Galvanna will raise the bar for this one along with the long lad ..........................................what a lovely growler I see

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 05, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Remember ye thru it away the last day, ye had the game one yerra, took the eye off the ball yerra ......................................... 2 years ye have been waiting to get a hold of us, ye will bust a gut to beat us.....................

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 05, 2013, 10:17:23 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on August 05, 2013, 10:13:17 PM

Remember ye thru it away the last day, ye had the game one yerra, took the eye off the ball yerra ......................................... 2 years ye have been waiting to get a hold of us, ye will bust a gut to beat us.....................

I'd say you're fierce crack!

By the way, I assume you read the little post-text at the bottom of my post...and secondly "one" is a number..."won" as in Kerry had the 2011 AI final wonm but threw it away, is the word you were looking for!

Looking forward to a few weeks of banter!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

yellowcard

Normally I would say that Kerry were a big danger going into a big game like this whilst waiting in the long grass to produce a big performance and bring the Dubs down to size. However I honestly don't think it's in this Kerry team anymore. Their build up play is too slow and laboured and lacks any great pace or incisiveness. Players such as Tomas OSe and Galvin don't have the engines they once had. How in Gods name will Galvin keep up with McCaffrey. Kerry may still retain a lot of good footballers but to paraphrase Martin Carney, I think the music died for a lot of those fellows a year or two ago. Imo this will be the more one sided of the 2 semi finals.

Wildweasel74

see the Kerry girls must have the blinkers on down round them parts lol

Wildweasel74

You think the big man get a coat which actually fits him!!

Tubberman

I see Cian O'Neill is putting it out in public that he wants the Kildare job - Kerry lads shouldn't be planning anything more than this year with him, he'll jump ship without a thought.
He did the same with Mayo, but we got Donie Buckley and I think that was the better half of the swap :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2013, 10:46:06 PM
Normally I would say that Kerry were a big danger going into a big game like this whilst waiting in the long grass to produce a big performance and bring the Dubs down to size. However I honestly don't think it's in this Kerry team anymore. Their build up play is too slow and laboured and lacks any great pace or incisiveness. Players such as Tomas OSe and Galvin don't have the engines they once had. How in Gods name will Galvin keep up with McCaffrey. Kerry may still retain a lot of good footballers but to paraphrase Martin Carney, I think the music died for a lot of those fellows a year or two ago. Imo this will be the more one sided of the 2 semi finals.

Tomas O Se more then still has the engine. Having a fine season. That's lazy analysis based on a birth-cert.

On form all things point to a Dublin win. But form goes out of the window when we play Kerry.

When you're an older team you target certain matches. Cavan wasn't one of them. Tipperary wasn't one of them.

Cork was and they ripped them to shreds in the first half. Kerry's aim all season has been with the minimum of fuss to make the semis and they've done it.

When you've got the all-ireland medals in the arse pocket like these guys have the performance is always in there.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on August 06, 2013, 09:33:18 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 05, 2013, 10:46:06 PM

Tomas O Se more then still has the engine. Having a fine season. That's lazy analysis based on a birth-cert.

On form all things point to a Dublin win. But form goes out of the window when we play Kerry.

When you're an older team you target certain matches. Cavan wasn't one of them. Tipperary wasn't one of them.

Cork was and they ripped them to shreds in the first half. Kerry's aim all season has been with the minimum of fuss to make the semis and they've done it.

When you've got the all-ireland medals in the arse pocket like these guys have the performance is always in there.

Agree 100% with that - I'd say Galvin would love to hear how a youngfella who has acheived nothing (albeit one with a bright future ahead of him) is going to destroy one of the best players of the modern era

Kerry have a last kick in them and no better opponent than ourselves to bring it out.