USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

our_fella

How do we see this one going folks? If i had to pick an Armagh to line out it would be...

1) McEvoy
2) Mallon
3) Donaghy
4) Morgan
5) Kernan
6) McKeever
7) McKenna/Dyas/Duffy/Moriarty
8  Toner
9) Hanratty
10) Vernon
11) Mackin
12) Forker
13) Rafferty
14) Mallon/McVerry/Kingham
15) Clarke

Onion Bag

The team i would lke to see for what its worth

1. P Mc Evoy
2. A Mallon
3. B Donaghy
4. J Morgan
5. A Kernan
6. K Mc Keever
7. P Duffy
8. C Vernon
9. J Hanratty
10. A Forker
11. B Mallon
12. M Mackin
13. J Clarke
14. C Rafferty
15. E Mc Verry/G Mc Parland

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Applesisapples

The team doesn't matter it going to be the mother and father of all stuffings.

our_fella

On what basis Applesisapples? Tyrone looked nothing spectacular against Kildare. And we were very unlucky not to stay in Div1, with the amount of players we had missing

Onion Bag

Quote from: Applesisapples on May 15, 2012, 02:18:32 PM

You could be right you know, Tyrone have to be strong strong favourites for this one, they had a good league campaign, found a couple of clinkers and they are established in the team now more importantly. I reckon its a big ask for Armagh to beat them even with home advantage
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

DuffleKing

On what basis are people selecting James Morgan? The lad has done very well for his club and has great potential but would anyone seriously put a lad in to start against Tyrone in these circumstances?

Has he played any challenge games or how has he done in training at this level? To throw him in against a penrose or Mulligan getting quality supply could be disastrous for him.

Applesisapples

Quote from: our_fella on May 15, 2012, 02:30:58 PM
On what basis Applesisapples? Tyrone looked nothing spectacular against Kildare. And we were very unlucky not to stay in Div1, with the amount of players we had missing
On the basis that we have no game plan nor consistency.

ONeill

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 15, 2012, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on May 15, 2012, 02:18:32 PM

You could be right you know, Tyrone have to be strong strong favourites for this one, they had a good league campaign, found a couple of clinkers and they are established in the team now more importantly. I reckon its a big ask for Armagh to beat them even with home advantage

The clinkers are injured.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

our_fella

Duffleking... James Morgan has so far marked this year in Ulster.. CJ McGourty,Enda Muldoon/Gilligan and Donal O'Hare. Add into that Gooch Cooper and Dessie Dolan, I think he has enough experience to mark a tyrone forward

BennyCake

James Morgan won't start against Tyrone.

Tyrone will win this match as easily as last year in Omagh. Jamie Clarke is our only forward, and he'll be well contained.

Hashtag

I expect Tyrone to line up as follows:

1. Packie
2. McCrory
3. Gormley
4. Quinn
5. McCarron
6. Harte
7. Joe McMahon
8. Cassidy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. McNabb
11. Donnelly
12. Sean Cavanagh
13. Penrose
14. Steven O'Neill
15. Mulligan

nrico2006

Anybody putting Toner in their team needs a serious examination, offers nothing.  What has happened James Lavery - was it not him who was not so long ago labelled as the best full-back in the country?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JP

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2012, 04:27:05 PM
Anybody putting Toner in their team needs a serious examination, offers nothing.  What has happened James Lavery - was it not him who was not so long ago labelled as the best full-back in the country?

I don't think your opinion on Toner can be valued when you go to say that about James Lavery. Hes an average midfielder as best who doesn't offer anything apart from fielding, I also have no recollection of him ever playing at full back!!

And I can't see for the life of me Paddy starting Morgan!! I'd expect to see McKenna take the number 4 spot. For those with P Duffy in their team, as he not left the panel? heard he retired for personal reasons.

ONeill

Quote from: Hashtag on May 15, 2012, 04:26:11 PM
I expect Tyrone to line up as follows:

1. Packie
2. McCrory
3. Gormley
4. Quinn
5. McCarron
6. Harte
7. Joe McMahon
8. Cassidy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. McNabb
11. Donnelly
12. Sean Cavanagh
13. Penrose
14. Steven O'Neill
15. Mulligan

1. Packie
2. McCrory
3. Justy
4. Quinn
5. McCarron
6. Harte
7. Gormley
8. Cassidy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. Joe
11. Donnelly
12. Sean Cavanagh
13. Penrose
14. O'Neill
15. Mulligan
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mackers

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2012, 04:27:05 PM
You're right.....it was not him. Lavery will not start against Tyrone as he is not mobile enough. Paul Duffy has rejoined the panel after leaving it a few days previous.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.