Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skiddybadoo

By your logic, Caitlin, Armagh will be so much better now that they have gotten rid of that tactical dunce, Kernan.  You must be really fearing next Saturday then.

down6061689194

Quote from: Shortso79 on February 28, 2010, 10:19:52 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 28, 2010, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on February 28, 2010, 10:03:10 PM

Did anyone else hear it was all ticket ?

The game is all ticket. NO tickets for the new stand will be issued to Armagh.

As an Armagh Season Ticket holder - I hope to have a good central seat in the stand lol

A nice cup of tea at half time would be nice also
AFAIK

The stand will be a pemium, even for season ticket holders as it said on the webite

"This means that NO Passes are vaild to gain entry to the stand any Patrons wishing to be accomodated in the stand must have a Match Ticket, this applies to Under 16s as well, there is no free admission to the Stand for Under 16s."

Have to say this is a disgrace on a few levels,

-Season Ticket Holders are paying double (minimum) entry fee to get a stand seat.
-Under 16's, Students & OAP's are forced to pay full whack for a seat
-Real fans aren't rewarded, surely those who have been to Kildare & Donegal are more deserving of a seat than those with the right contact.

County board in fairness want to profit from the biggest gate of the season (league wise) but not offering concessions isn't right.

If you want a seat in the stand I'd say it should be first come first served.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: down6061689194 on March 14, 2010, 08:37:40 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on February 28, 2010, 10:19:52 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 28, 2010, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: Shortso79 on February 28, 2010, 10:03:10 PM

Did anyone else hear it was all ticket ?

The game is all ticket. NO tickets for the new stand will be issued to Armagh.

As an Armagh Season Ticket holder - I hope to have a good central seat in the stand lol

A nice cup of tea at half time would be nice also
AFAIK

The stand will be a pemium, even for season ticket holders as it said on the webite

"This means that NO Passes are vaild to gain entry to the stand any Patrons wishing to be accomodated in the stand must have a Match Ticket, this applies to Under 16s as well, there is no free admission to the Stand for Under 16s."

Have to say this is a disgrace on a few levels,

-Season Ticket Holders are paying double (minimum) entry fee to get a stand seat.
-Under 16's, Students & OAP's are forced to pay full whack for a seat
-Real fans aren't rewarded, surely those who have been to Kildare & Donegal are more deserving of a seat than those with the right contact.

County board in fairness want to profit from the biggest gate of the season (league wise) but not offering concessions isn't right.

If you want a seat in the stand I'd say it should be first come first served.

I'm not sure that could right, if it is the Down county board should be ashamed of themselves. Surely season ticket holders will have be accomodated in the stand. When they bought their ticket they paid for a seat in a stand, albeit with the provisio that they may have to arrive in good time to ensure they get that seat. Deliberately excluding them from the stand would be a disgrace.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Shortso79

Very Strange decision by  the Down County Board

I'd say we will hear more of this during the week

Ticket Arrangements For Down v Armagh

Patrons are reminded that the Stand in Páirc Esler will be All Ticket for the forthcoming Down V Armagh National Football League Game.

This means that NO Passes are vaild to gain entry to the stand any Patrons wishing to be accomodated in the stand must have a Match Ticket, this applies to Under 16s as well, there is no free admission to the Stand for Under 16s.

In relation to the Terracing at Pairc Esler the normal concessions apply and Under 16s are admitted free to the terracing.

Tickets can be obtained in the first instance through your Club or from the Down GAA Office 46-48 Main Street Castlewellan, there will be no tickets on sale on the day.

http://www.downgaa.net/

mackers

This will be as close to a championship tie as you can get in March, it'll be a good measure as to how our new players can handle a high intensity match with a cracking atmosphere.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Shortso79

The Mind games have started already....

"The win was a promising one especially in light of the disappointment last week v Tipperary. It also gives the Down players confidence as they embark upon a crunch tie versus age old rivals and massive favourites Armagh next Saturday. Get there early as it's going to be well attended!"

Taken from the Donegal Down Match Report

http://www.downgaa.net/

Caitlin

While the points about season tickets are valid, the tickets for under 16s are a fiver .

Shortso79

Where will I be Seated?

You will be entitled to access to the stand for your county's matches wherever possible. If there is no reserved seating, seats will be available in the stand on a first come, first served basis. For matches where the stand is ticketed, the section is pre-determined. For example, for Croke Park fixtures you will be seated in 304 or 305 in the Cusack Stand.

You will be guaranteed a seat in a stand for any all-ticket Provincial Championship matches, All-Ireland Quarter Finals, All-Ireland Semi-Finals and any other matches in Croke Park involving your county. You may be required to confirm your attendance and print your seat numbers on-line in advance for these matches. On-line confirmation has no impact on the cost to you.

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/gaa-season-ticket/where-will-i-be-seated/

Tyrone Dreamer

Surely they'd have to accomadate the few hundred season ticket holders? If not it will be a disgrace. Was it down who tried to include club games in their season ticket and put an extra 50 euro on it? They will end up with the stand not full as people won't be bothered looking tickets.

Trevor Hill

I have emailed the season ticket office and will be on the phone to the County office tomorrow morning. Once again the Down board are showing how out of touch they are.

On the subject of the game, I can't see Down losing this one. Armagh are yesterdays team. They rely on the old hands too much. Down are the future.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 14, 2010, 09:20:44 PM
I have emailed the season ticket office and will be on the phone to the County office tomorrow morning. Once again the Down board are showing how out of touch they are.

On the subject of the game, I can't see Down losing this one. Armagh are yesterdays team. They rely on the old hands too much. Down are the future.

Who are they?
"Stercus accidit"

Orior

Big fight next week between Sandy Hill (Armagh) and Trevor Hill (Newry).

Looser goes on the dung hill.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Sandy Hill

Quote from: Orior on March 14, 2010, 09:43:31 PM

It's ticket only Orior!
"Stercus accidit"

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: Orior on March 14, 2010, 09:43:31 PM

HILLarious.

Leo

I'm told that U-16s can get a seat in the stand for £5.
To me this is fantastic value for a game of this interest a nd fail to see what all this nonesense is about.
As for £15 for adults, you'd pay this and more to see some rubblish in the cinema.
I know nothing about the workings of the Down county board but the criticisms seem to me to be petty and wide of the mark.
Fierce tame altogether