Down v Armagh - Newry - 20 March 2010

Started by Shortso79, February 28, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

You have no chance of getting a seat in the centre of the stand. For some unknown reason the centre section of the stand seems to be out of bounds to all but the select few. Maybe the gael will have an answer to that one.
Armagh season ticket holders will have to stand on the town terrace for this game.

Shortso79

Will wait and see what happens re the seats

Even the mass times in the local St Marys Chapel have been brought forward - from 7.30pm to 6.00pm

This is for all Down and Armagh Supporters to get their final prayers in

Shortso79

There must be some ticket element to the game

The Quays Shopping Centre are offering tickets as a prize in a competition

T Fearon

Realistically this game will attract 10,000 maximum. I expect Down to be defeated in Donegal this weekend, which will burst all the Mourne bubbles and lead to a swift reality check. It should be as routine a win for Armagh as the Ulster semi final was in 2008

Trevor Hill

Spot on with your prediction for the Donegal game tony. Can you predict another routine defeat for Down again this weekend.

Caitlin

The game is not all-ticket - only the stand is all-ticket. The stand is worth 2 or 3 points on a Saturday night. We will need it as they have had the luck of the devil against us in recent league games. When I see Joe's tactical awareness by deploying Joe Bergin at CHF I have to ask how the hell did that joker pick teams to beat us when we played them off the park ?
However, we didn't have Marty Clarke. Now, that is a CHF !

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 14, 2010, 06:41:36 PM
Spot on with your prediction for the Donegal game tony. Can you predict another routine defeat for Down again this weekend.

:D :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Caitlin on March 14, 2010, 07:04:20 PM
The game is not all-ticket - only the stand is all-ticket. The stand is worth 2 or 3 points on a Saturday night. We will need it as they have had the luck of the devil against us in recent league games. When I see Joe's tactical awareness by deploying Joe Bergin at CHF I have to ask how the hell did that joker pick teams to beat us when we played them off the park ?

What in the name of God are you talking about?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

The major factor in Armagh's favour is that for some reason Down management still think that James Colgan is a county footballer.

Trevor Hill

This may not be the last meeting of Down and Armagh this season. They could meet again in the league decider if they both finish the season strongly, regardless of Saturdays result.
One thing that won't change after this game, Armagh will still only have one All Ireland. That won't change in my lifetime.  :D

AFS

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 14, 2010, 07:21:18 PM
This may not be the last meeting of Down and Armagh this season. They could meet again in the league decider if they both finish the season strongly, regardless of Saturdays result.
One thing that won't change after this game, Armagh will still only have one All Ireland. That won't change in my lifetime.  :D

We have them scared lads. Resorting to some shite about medieval history already.

Skiddybadoo

armaghniac

So the life expectancy isn't great Trevor Hill. Don't worry, medical science can do wonders.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Skiddybadoo

Quote from: armaghniac on March 14, 2010, 07:44:23 PM
So the life expectancy isn't great Trevor Hill. Don't worry, medical science can do wonders.

Daisy Hill.

Caitlin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 14, 2010, 07:15:41 PM
Quote from: Caitlin on March 14, 2010, 07:04:20 PM

What in the name of God are you talking about?

TAM
I'll go slowly
A number of posters on this thread have said how lucky Armagh have been in recent league games V Down .
Joe Kernan was the Armagh manager for all bar one or two of those.
Joe Kernan is now the manager of Galway.
Joe Kernan has been picking Joe Bergin at CHF ( that's Centre Half Forward) .
This has caused much amusement among followers of the game as he is clearly a midfielder and not a CHF.
This was particularly evident today in the 10 point home defeat to a Kerry team short a number of key players.
I was suggesting that this highlighted a lack of reading of the game by Joe.
I further suggested that Marty Clarke was a good CHF