Kerry v Cork All Ireland Final 2009

Started by magickingdom, August 30, 2009, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2009, 06:06:02 PM
Quotethats not what you said

Well I did in fairness you just misinterpreted my point. However I agree I think it will be a cracking match and I'd be surprised if it doesn't get the neutrals attention as other than a Tyrone Kerry final this is the best match up possible.

i doubt the 3rd meeting of the season will be a great game. they rarely are

longrunsthefox

Quote from: magickingdom on August 30, 2009, 06:03:35 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 30, 2009, 05:59:37 PM
Why was the Mcguigan blasts Splliane thread deleted?

i hate when someone does that, it was there 10 minutes ago. .

If sheshe had behaved himself it wouldn't have happened  ;)

Mike Sheehy

If you hadnt completely lost the rag it would still be there. No need for that type of personal abuse. Tis only a bit of banter eh fox ?

The Real Laoislad

Mike Sheehy tipped them over the edge  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Some pressure on Cork though. They have the weight of 31 counties behind them, as well as being the bookies' tip. They've already beaten both of last year's finalists. Some test of character.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 30, 2009, 06:09:48 PM
If you hadnt completely lost the rag it would still be there. No need for that type of personal abuse. Tis only a bit of banter eh fox ?

aye  :P

Zulu

Quotei doubt the 3rd meeting of the season will be a great game. they rarely are

I think it will tbh, neither team will fear the other and I don't think there'll be too much tactical stuff so I'd say it could turn into a ding dong battle.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Meath were full of 'huff and puff' (note to a certain poster, 'huff and puff' is no substitute for class), but Kerry's class told in the second half, and Meath's lack of quality did for them.

I watched it with a 2nd cousin of the Ó Sés from The Blasket Islands, and I've never heard so much swearing about them (the Ó Sés), except from a Red Hand jersey  :D

Cork will be too strong I'd say, it was a very poor game overall. REBEL DELIVERANCE!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 30, 2009, 06:10:05 PM

Mike Sheehy tipped them over the edge  :D

Its funny watching an entire county doing  a "kevin Keegan"  ;D

Bogball XV

Quote from: ONeill on August 30, 2009, 06:10:50 PM
Some pressure on Cork though. They have the weight of 31 counties behind them, as well as being the bookies' tip. They've already beaten both of last year's finalists. Some test of character.
Cork slight favourites alright, but i don't think cork will have the backing of the non-kerry folk - they wouldn't be the most popular of counties.  Personally, i don't want either of them to win, but might favour kerry.

anglocelt39

think myself it's nice to see two counties from the soft football province make it though, they should be fresh at any rate.

cork favourites on current form, however get feeling Kerry doing what it takes so far and will be a different proposition in three weeks time. Indiffent about result
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

INDIANA

There are areas Kerry can attack though. Not convinced by Cork at midfield. Dara will fancy his chances on them. I also think if Kerry match up Pierce O Neill for size they may expose his limited ball skills. He's a great athlete but's he's not a stylist like Tadhg Kennelly. In fact if I were Kerry I'd put Tadhg Kennelly at 6 and move O Sullivan to 11 and Walsh to 14. Then use Donaghy with 20-25 to go. What an impact sub to have.

orangeman

Cork have all the pressure on them. Embarassed in Croke Park a few times. But this Cork team look different, look seriously hungry. But question is, will they fill them at the sight of the Kerry jersey. Not this time IMO. Cork would have preferred Meath.

Kerry also have pressure but IMO are underdogs.

It's all set up for Kerry.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: INDIANA on August 30, 2009, 06:07:51 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 30, 2009, 06:06:02 PM
Quotethats not what you said

Well I did in fairness you just misinterpreted my point. However I agree I think it will be a cracking match and I'd be surprised if it doesn't get the neutrals attention as other than a Tyrone Kerry final this is the best match up possible.

i doubt the 3rd meeting of the season will be a great game. they rarely are

3rd Armagh Tyrone match in 2005 was the pick of the bunch.

Paddy Power goes 10/11 Cork 11/10 Kerry. I fancy the Rebels though I said at the start of the year that they should be All Ireland contenders but couldn't be taken seriously until they beat Kerry at Croke Park. As it turns out, if they do that, they'll become champions.

Would agre with Indiana that getting over the mental block will be half the battle for Cork. To have beaten Kerry 4 times in Munster this decade but to have lost 5 (?) times in a row to them in Croke Park is a very noteworthy statistic.

That said, Cork are clearly at their strongest for 20 years, not sure that can be said about Kerry. In beating Tyrone, Cork achieved at the first attempt something that Kerry have failed to do 3 times and I think Cork will have enough to finish the job by a couple of points.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Aristocrat

Another soft All Ireland for Kerry i think but if Gooch gets suspended you will never know.