Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crice123

JimmyFloydMay123

Quote from: elk on December 12, 2017, 02:20:22 PM
Quote from: supersub on December 12, 2017, 12:15:37 AM
The man only stepped down on Sunday night calm down!
Who ever takes the job on will have a tough job ahead of them. Even though Down division one is not of a great standard at the minute there is still a considerable gap between it and division two. A few of their more senior players starting to slow down and I don't think they have a big enough or good enough squad to replace them. Is  Mulholland joining another club?
would be interesting to see if he is joining another club

angermanagement

From his twitter account

Genuinely sad to say I have left @RostrevorGAA to return to @HarpsGAC u14s for 2018. A great club, with great people & destined for great things. Honoured to have had the opportunity to manage there. Thanks to the many for their support & help throughout my 2 years #superreds

Brick Tamlin

Strange decision, must be more to it than that.
Youd think after such a successful season and main aims achieved you would want to stay on and continue the good work.
Maybe he knows they'll struggle next year and decided to get out at the top.

crice123

Lecale Gael

Mulholland managing his home clubs u14s in the year Down host the feile, can only be a good thing for their club
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

downjim

No changes tonight I see 😴😴😴😴😴

supersub

I refrained from posting after the Ulster Final defeat as it was gut wrenching for us to say the least. A few comments on here didn't go unnoticed however and weren't in great taste.

I will post on the issue of Shane's departure from the club however, purely because of the speculation which will and evidently has emerged from posts on here. Up until ten days ago or so, it was widely known within the club that Shane would be staying on with Rostrevor - events within his own community since this however have dictated otherwise and thus came the announcement on Sunday evening. There will be no management of another Senior team in 2018, the decision was not because of Rostrevors position, potential position, squad or indeed anything to do with our club. It was a purely personal decision from Shane Mulholland with the best interest of his own club at heart. Contrary to opinions on here, he actually felt that Rostrevor would be able to hold their own in Division 1 in 2018 with the right application. He will manage Ballyholland U14s in 2018 - a change from the scenery of 2017, but there certainly is no feeling of animosity from Rostrevor towards Shane, or the reasons he gave for his departure. The man is speaking the truth, so people should take him at his word. Hopefully this will stop any hearsay on the issue.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: supersub on December 13, 2017, 04:45:08 PM
I refrained from posting after the Ulster Final defeat as it was gut wrenching for us to say the least. A few comments on here didn't go unnoticed however and weren't in great taste.

I will post on the issue of Shane's departure from the club however, purely because of the speculation which will and evidently has emerged from posts on here. Up until ten days ago or so, it was widely known within the club that Shane would be staying on with Rostrevor - events within his own community since this however have dictated otherwise and thus came the announcement on Sunday evening. There will be no management of another Senior team in 2018, the decision was not because of Rostrevors position, potential position, squad or indeed anything to do with our club. It was a purely personal decision from Shane Mulholland with the best interest of his own club at heart. Contrary to opinions on here, he actually felt that Rostrevor would be able to hold their own in Division 1 in 2018 with the right application. He will manage Ballyholland U14s in 2018 - a change from the scenery of 2017, but there certainly is no feeling of animosity from Rostrevor towards Shane, or the reasons he gave for his departure. The man is speaking the truth, so people should take him at his word. Hopefully this will stop any hearsay on the issue.
Well said Supersub

crice123

Super sub only one in this forum with a bit of sense

elk

Targetman

I see Sean Og reckons u 16 's should pay into county games and looks like he wants to increase the cost of attending championship games in Down, always thinking of the supporters!!

downjim

Sure just let everyone in for nothing and make nothing at gates.

Rodders88

Supersub..well said. Shane is indeed taking our u14 team next season and will not be involved with any senior football side. 

Targetman

Aye right, another sensible contribution from yourself, u16's shouldn't have to pay in and I think we're paying enough for the quality of championship games on offer, anyone agree?