Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on February 05, 2019, 10:10:20 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2019, 05:30:12 PM
Well it's two div1 teams in the final at Croker, so that should persuade the begrudgers to support St Enda's  ;)

100%. Two teams who used the system to get where they are. Couldn't care who wins the final. Both teams should never have been in it.

I can't see any team in Div 1 this year entering the Intermediate and that's the way it should be.
I think the county fixed that.. will there be any teams from div 2 playing senior?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Well it's two div1 teams in the final at Croker, so that should persuade the begrudgers to support St Enda's  ;)

100%. Two teams who used the system to get where they are. Couldn't care who wins the final. Both teams should never have been in it.

I can't see any team in Div 1 this year entering the Intermediate and that's the way it should be.

😴😴😴

The Gs Man

Having crossed paths many times over the past few years with St.Enda's at various underage teams I've been involved with I couldn't say a bad word about the club.  Great bunch of coaches and we've always made to feel very welcome.

Best of luck from Aghagallon. 
Keep 'er lit

outinfront

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 05, 2019, 11:03:53 PM

😴😴😴

Well technically the Kerry team didn't 'play' any system as they were not eligible to enter the Kerry SFC.  Enda's (open to criticism) did not break any rules.

paddyjohn

Quote from: outinfront on February 06, 2019, 10:10:08 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on February 05, 2019, 11:03:53 PM

😴😴😴

Well technically the Kerry team didn't 'play' any system as they were not eligible to enter the Kerry SFC.  Enda's (open to criticism) did not break any rules.

But they did break rules. They broke the golden rule of being successful and winning!! Meanwhile jealous clubs slate them..

Nice to see the South West Board giving them a few quid also. We always look after our own down here.  ;)

outinfront

Kilcummin 1/2  Draw 15/2 Naomh Eanna 2/1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: outinfront on February 06, 2019, 12:34:55 PM
Kilcummin 1/2  Draw 15/2 Naomh Eanna 2/1

I think the bookies have this wrong, the Kerry lads would be slight favs for me but not by much, seems Fitzy and Paddy have them tuned in just right..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

I heard this morning that both C'Dall & St Endas asked for the throw in times to be moved so supporters could attend both, Croke Park declined.

JimStynes

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 06, 2019, 09:15:32 AM
Having crossed paths many times over the past few years with St.Enda's at various underage teams I've been involved with I couldn't say a bad word about the club.  Great bunch of coaches and we've always made to feel very welcome.

Aghagallon/Clann Eireann

MoChara

Quote from: paddyjohn on February 06, 2019, 01:00:09 PM
I heard this morning that both C'Dall & St Endas asked for the throw in times to be moved so supporters could attend both, Croke Park declined.

Its daft Cushendall's is a standalone fixture so could easily have been moved back, even an hour to 2 o'clock would have made attending both possible.

Maybe has to do with the TG4 coverage of the game

The Gs Man

Quote from: JimStynes on February 06, 2019, 05:48:14 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on February 06, 2019, 09:15:32 AM

Aghagallon/Clann Eireann

:o
Keep 'er lit

imtommygunn

Is the st endas game on anywhere?

I would suspect the other hurling match was on at that time though not sure?

inabsentia

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2019, 11:00:55 AM

Only streaming via TG4 online I think.

tiempo

Quote from: inabsentia on February 07, 2019, 11:08:09 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on February 07, 2019, 11:00:55 AM

Only streaming via TG4 online I think.

Will most likely streamed live on TG4 you tube channel which means anyone anywhere should be able to watch it

Footblock

Intersting quote from Kilcummin member Sean Kelly (former Uachtaran)  who was responsible for awarding Junior and Intermediate finals to Croke Park. He was talking about why Kerry clubs do so well in the Junior and Intermdiate Club All-Ireland.

"Naturally while that's great for Kerry, I thought that it would be more equal that more counties would get the opportunity to be in Croke Park through the clubs.
"But that's the way it worked out. There's a reason for that as Kerry have only eight senior clubs, so therefore we'd be number nine whereas other counties would have 16 or more senior clubs so the intermediate champions would be number 17"