Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Option

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Let's face it - continually taking the bait when farset puts out the stall is only adding to his enjoyment. Been said previously but let him bark at the moon. The sentiment in the county is clear and that is that the reasonable and rationale will support our own as they move into the provincial and national competitions.

Once the 2019 championship draws are made there will be no hiding place for farset.  The veil will shift and we will see whether farset is a champion of a level playing field, fairness and a modern day Luz Long or as I suspect an individual with an unhealthy obsession with St Endas.

Will Farset shift his attention and vitriol to a potentially IFC playing D1 team from the top of the Mona?

Footblock

Point of note to Farset. As you know we play the Galway champions on Sunday. The Galway championships are not aligned with league standings either. Oughterard finished 8th in Division 1 in Galway this year and played Intermediate Championship. Just proves that because you play in Divison 1 you will not automatically win an Intermediate Championship as we have discovered throughout the years. We were promoted to Divison 1 in 1989 and for the next 4 years we played Intermediate Championsiup and could not win it before we bit the bullet and moved to play at Senior level in a championship that we were never going to win. Other Division 1 teams have played at IFC level in recent years and it is not just confined to Antrim as shown above.

Belfast GAA man

its clear NE are a coming team - where are they getting the players from? is a school involved or just hard work over a number of years? interested to know.....

outinfront

Quote from: farset on January 18, 2019, 11:37:22 AM
Quote from: outinfront on January 18, 2019, 11:18:57 AM
but the team that they beat in Ulster final (Mullahoran) are in truth a Div1 side (one of the most successful senior clubs in Cavan). 

In saying that the leagues should be aligned with Championship and that will remove such issues.

I've heard that argument before about them beating Mullahoran and how much pedigree they have. One. They were a Div 2 team but even if they were at senior standard, all that happened was that two senior teams played against each other and the Antrim senior team won. That proves nothing other than that St Enda's are a capable side.

Your second point is making the point that I have been making all along in that they shouldn't have been in the championship being a Div 1 team.

So to say that the criticism is harsh but agree that championships should be aligned with leagues is a bit contradictory don't you think?

Anyway I'll scuttle off now and stop being a naysayer.

I agree with aligning leagues and championship, removing such issues, and have outlined how it's done in my county.  The more counties where this is the case then the less controversy there can be. This I agree with you on.
I also see that you are stating facts and have no qualms about that either.

Having played against Burt & Donaghmoyne in 2016, Mullahoran this year and St Enda's not so long ago, I do not feel that Enda's are lightyears ahead of this current championship level.  They have performed brilliantly and gone on a great run but on another day they could have been beaten. I said that I would have had no issue with playing them in the Ulster IFC this year, Div1 or not. 

Ok I get what you are saying how this looks contradictory but I just mean that I can see reasons for having done it; the reasons I outlined which aren't in the quote:  Player development, overall club development, not having won an IFC before, Enda's have been on an upward progression and this decision seemed logical, etc. 

I just feel that championship entry should be dictated, therefore there can be no arguments.  I think we agree here yes?

Anyway I'm done with St Enda's, I'm not that big a fan haha!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on January 18, 2019, 11:32:14 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 18, 2019, 08:55:37 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 18, 2019, 07:12:56 AM
What club are you from Farset?

Farset is on the Springfield rd.. so I'm guessing either the Johnnies or Gorts  8)

The same farset River that flows into the Lagan at High Street after flowing through much of Belfast. Good one, Columbo. 😂

Look ill not post again about it but St Enda's heads are buried in the sand and they are pretending here and they all know it. Whatever they achieve will be a hallow victory. You know it and I know and they know know it.

When Ahoghill won the Junior All Ireland, Shamrocks won theirs as well as St Galls won theirs I was a proud Antrim man. I was at Galls two all Ireland finals cheering them on and was also there for Loughiels and Rossas wearing my Antrim colours.

Any time Antrim clubs went out into Ulster and beyond I supported their teams because they were men playing at their level giving it their all. I have nothibg personal against St Enda's people. I know quite a few but their decision to play Intermediate was disengenous. Remember the ONLY club from Div 1 to do so at the expense of Div 2 clubs.

If they win and they should it won't be any significant achievement in my eyes in stark contrast to St Galls footballers was to them or Loughiels was to them or even when St Galls intermediate hurlers getting beaten that time with a certain wee tiny guy as their manager. The difference is that they were all playing according to their Division. Nothing subjective about it at all. Just facts.

Ignore it. Call me a negative begrudger. Say I have an agenda if you want. I don't. I'm just pointing out facts that many people agree with. I hope that the teams who didn't play the system for some hallow victory wins at the weekend and that is the Galway men but they'll be up against it playing against a senior team. It's about fairness and sportmanlike behaviour.

I think everyone from Belfast Knows where the Farset river is, it makes its way from High street up towards the Springfield area.. you also have the Farset centre at the roundabout on the Springfield rd, some posters, (might not be you) will use a name thats may represent them.. Its not unusable to suggest you are from an area where this river flows, now it can't be the Shankill or High street Miss Marple so....

As for the wee tiny guy that got to Croke, you forgot he was also baldy  ;D

St Enda's havent done anything wrong, move on and get on with it, you are waffling on as if you are some sort of saint, hidding behind a keyboard without anyone having a chance to question your moral compass..

I don't think there is a club that hasnt got shit on its shoes!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 18, 2019, 02:41:03 PM
Belfast - Béal Feirste - The mouth of the Farset.

I think we can gather that he is from Belfast. Nothing else.

However, I find it hard to believe that a river could make its way from High St to the Springfield.

I read that somewhere, not sure to be honest. But he's a bitter man, I gather that much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

All the best to St Endas today.

Milltown Row2

Yes good luck to the Hightown men, fancy them strongly today to win a tight match

Gold

What a goal Joe Maskey!!!

Ref is trying to ride St Endas. 3 yellows for f all
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

paddyjohn

Superb performance from St Endas. Well played lads.

belfastsaff

well done st endas no surprises  ;D

The Gs Man

Well done St.Enda's, great result!

All the best for the final.

I assume it'll be televised?
Keep 'er lit

Na Glinntí Glasa

I think from past memory its broadcast via TG4 youtube are they not?
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Didn't want to sound mean spirited but there was quite a gap alright - have seen St Enda's a few times this year and they never looked as good as yesterday - sorry just saying