Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 15, 2024, 12:54:48 PMIf we snuck over the line by 1 point and progressed. Derry wouldve played B Competition. They beat Roscommon by 6 points in the final last year (in croke park) and have a good wack of that panel available this year? Why do we think we are too good for this??

Yeah. As someone else said, down to arrogance really, which is diasppointing. Go into the B competition and win it in Croke Park. Be good for the Antrim lads.

Seniors are bottom of their league with a huge - points difference so I'm not sure why that arrogance is there.

Maybe some of the panel will join the senior panel now. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on March 15, 2024, 01:08:08 PM
Quote from: NorthAntrim on March 15, 2024, 12:54:48 PMIf we snuck over the line by 1 point and progressed. Derry wouldve played B Competition. They beat Roscommon by 6 points in the final last year (in croke park) and have a good wack of that panel available this year? Why do we think we are too good for this??

Yeah. As someone else said, down to arrogance really, which is diasppointing. Go into the B competition and win it in Croke Park. Be good for the Antrim lads.

Seniors are bottom of their league with a huge - points difference so I'm not sure why that arrogance is there.

So when they lost out to a better Derry team on the day it's arrogance, they lost but had agreed that if they lost they will not be entering the competition below?

So stringing along lads for the reminder of the year from their clubs to win a 3 tier competition just to get a win at Croke?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

So when they lost out to a better Derry team on the day it's arrogance, they lost but had agreed that if they lost they will not be entering the competition below?

So stringing along lads for the reminder of the year from their clubs to win a 3 tier competition just to get a win at Croke?

As much as we'll be without some lads for the first few league games due to Down being in the tier 3 competition (and rightly so) the lads we have involved will all learn something out of it and it's also part of the honour of playing for your county and maybe some lads are being denied that irrespective of the level.

Why didn't they use the same logic as the U16/U17 scenario and play an U19 team in the 3rd tier competition in preparation for 2025?

Milltown Row2

Not privy to the ins and outs of it to be honest, seems there are ones on here that know what happened and the reasons why they didn't move into the 3rd tier

Personally if I was the manager I'd be looking to play as many games as possible and let the lads play with the clubs, I certainly wouldn't be calling a manager and his team arrogant though while sitting behind a computer with zero input ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 15, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

Not sure what you're getting at there - a team who chat if they lose, what competition they'll go into/not go into if they lose.

I'm sure that conversation will go down well in the changing room the week before an Ulster championship final. I hope you're never giving the team chat the week before championship!

For the remainder of the year....it'll be only for another 6 weeks if I'm right. Then they have the whole summer to go back to their clubs, hopefully as better players.

It's a B competition, Down won it a few years ago iirc and Derry won it last year. They both got beat in Ulster, by Antrim.

Them two counties didn't turn round and say their season is over.

As others have said, it's arrogance. For whatever reason.

Milltown Row2

I asked the question, on setting out of the competition, had they agreed to not enter the other competition if they lost?

If so then none one it seems was concerned that if they lost then they'd be put altogether, but you are saying its arrogance.

I've also said I'm not privy to the ins and outs of it but you obviously are. Do tell?

As for being involved in Ulster finals, no issues there. I won one as a manager in hurling, even won an All Ireland semifinal too.

SaffronSports

Good luck to the St Killian's hurlers today. Just leaving Castlebellingham now. Feels like half the Glens are here.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: SaffronSports on March 16, 2024, 12:16:48 PMGood luck to the St Killian's hurlers today. Just leaving Castlebellingham now. Feels like half the Glens are here.
Coming home as All Ireland B Champions will feel good for those lads and management.

marty34

Well done to the St. Killian's lads.

Tipp cranking things up for the championship.

Disappointing thar Seamus Kennedy is gone for the year. He could slot in anywhere.