Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 05, 2019, 01:34:44 PM

President's rarely start proper warmongering in their first term as its a consolidation in the domestic front.  He has that now with a strong possibility of a second term.  He will go hell for leather come his second term around Iran

Both Bush Senior (who only lasted one term) and Junior attacked multiple countries during their first terms.
Obama's disastrous attack on Libya happened during his first term.
Clinton attacked Somalia, Bosnia and Iraq all during his first year.
Reagan attacked Grenada during his first term.

That's all the US Presidents back to 1980.

You said "rarely".  :o

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 05, 2019, 01:34:44 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on June 05, 2019, 01:28:26 PM
Quote from: five points on June 05, 2019, 01:18:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2019, 12:34:40 PM
It isn't popular to hang out with Trump because he is a danger to the world.

How on earth is he a danger to the world? He has refused to warmonger as Obama and Bush did throughout their Presidencies.

So he's sending all those warships to the Persian Gulf and Arabian Sea for why?

President's rarely start proper warmongering in their first term as its a consolidation in the domestic front.  He has that now with a strong possibility of a second term.  He will go hell for leather come his second term around Iran
Oh I know. The War machine and associated industries needs a wee war to garner more dollars from Government without the taxpayers giving off.

Trump is no different to Barack and his predecessors in this regard in all fairness.

GJL

Trump talking about Ireland's border wall. Clueless twat.

J70

Quote from: five points on June 05, 2019, 01:18:50 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2019, 12:34:40 PM
It isn't popular to hang out with Trump because he is a danger to the world.

How on earth is he a danger to the world? He has refused to warmonger as Obama and Bush did throughout their Presidencies.

His presidency ain't over yet.

And then there is the small matter of him promoting batshit right wing reactionary/racist rhetoric and policies, and shitting all over traditional US allies while cosying up to various demagogues and dictators.

brokencrossbar1

https://www.irishexaminer.com/examviral/ladybird-bloom-over-california-is-so-big-it-is-picked-up-by-weather-radar-929354.html

QuoteMillions of ladybirds formed a swarm so big that it appeared on radar.

The 80-mile swarm was spotted by meteorologists over Southern California on Wednesday.

The National Weather Service showed the swarm moving through the desert, around 70 miles from Los Angeles.

"The large echo showing up on SoCal radar this evening is not precipitation, but actually a cloud of lady bugs termed a 'bloom'," the National Weather Service's (NWS) San Diego station tweeted on Wednesday.

The large echo showing up on SoCal radar this evening is not precipitation, but actually a cloud of lady bugs termed a "bloom"
It is reported that Joe Dandrea, a meteorologist in that office, had to call an observer in the San Bernadino mountains to find out the nature of the huge radar return.

He told the LA Times: "The observer there said you could see little specks flying by. I don't think they're dense like a cloud."

They were spotted using next-generation radar were flying at between 5,000ft and 9,000ft, he said.

Ring Cardé, a professor of entomology at the University of California Riversdale, had one possible explanation.

He told Reuters it could be the case that a large population of ladybirds had been spread out over land in a mountainous area, and rising temperatures triggered their mass migration.

There are about 5,000 different species of ladybirds, also known as ladybugs, lady beetles or ladybird beetles, in the world.

The most familiar is the seven-spotted ladybird, with a shiny red-and-black body.

In many cultures, ladybirds are considered good luck.

And they are also seen as good luck for farmers, as they eat aphids and other plant-eating pests.

A single lady beetle may eat as many as 5,000 aphids in its lifetime.

five points

Quote from: J70 on June 05, 2019, 08:36:34 PM
5½ years to go,
And then there is the small matter of him promoting batshit right wing reactionary/racist rhetoric and policies, and shitting all over traditional US allies while cosying up to various demagogues and dictators.
GOP President in "right wing rhetoric and policies" shocker. Racist rhetoric? That's the race-baiting Dems.  If "shitting all over traditional US allies" is all that's left, I'll take that over the Presidents who engaged in multiple wars throughout their Presidencies.

Hardy

J70

Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 12:45:51 PM
5½ years to go,
GOP President in "right wing rhetoric and policies" shocker. Racist rhetoric? That's the race-baiting Dems.  If "shitting all over traditional US allies" is all that's left, I'll take that over the Presidents who engaged in multiple wars throughout their Presidencies.

I didn't say "right wing", I said "right wing reactionary/racist". There's a difference. One can be in favour of small government or low taxes, for example, without being a bigot or pursuing bigoted, mean-spirited, dehumanizing policies.

And if pointing out his divisive, bigoted, rhetoric and policies is "race baiting"  to you, that says more about you personally than it does about the real world. I guess in your eyes someone in the north back in the day reacting to and highlighting the toxic rhetoric of Ian Paisley, a man of proportionally similar influence in his environment, would have been guilty of inciting sectarian tensions?

And what does Trump cosying up to dictators while treating traditional allies like shit have anything to do with starting or engaging in war? And if Trump doesn't want war, one is forced to wonder what the hell the likes of John Bolton are doing in such prominent positions in his foreign policy team?

five points

Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 01:22:13 PM
I didn't say "right wing", I said "right wing reactionary/racist". There's a difference. One can be in favour of small government or low taxes, for example, without being a bigot or pursuing bigoted, mean-spirited, dehumanizing policies.

And if pointing out his divisive, bigoted, rhetoric and policies is "race baiting"  to you, that says more about you personally than it does about the real world. I guess in your eyes someone in the north back in the day reacting to and highlighting the toxic rhetoric of Ian Paisley, a man of proportionally similar influence in his environment, would have been guilty of inciting sectarian tensions?

And what does Trump cosying up to dictators while treating traditional allies like shit have anything to do with starting or engaging in war? And if Trump doesn't want war, one is forced to wonder what the hell the likes of John Bolton are doing in such prominent positions in his foreign policy team?

But you said "right wing reactionary/racist". Why the "right wing" prefix?
The Dems' racebaiting is a matter of record and goes a lot deeper than criticising Trump.
Every US President cosies up to dictators. Trump a lot less than most.
Trump's the boss, not John Bolton.

J70

Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 01:34:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 01:22:13 PM

But you said "right wing reactionary/racist". Why the "right wing" prefix?
The Dems' racebaiting is a matter of record and goes a lot deeper than criticising Trump.
Every US President cosies up to dictators. Trump a lot less than most.
Trump's the boss, not John Bolton.

Seriously? It has to be explained to you that racism has a nice, comfortable home on the far right of the political spectrum and is given tacit and explicit encouragement by Trump?

And again, there is nothing wrong with criticizing racist rhetoric and policies. Pointing them out may make those who are in agreement with such rhetoric and policies uncomfortable, but that's their problem. In the world of Fox News and right wing talk radio, they like to shut down debate by crying "race baiting" and "class warfare", but meanwhile they hype up and promote the non-existent persecution and victimization of white Christians and men. (I'll bet you're getting excited about the "straight pride" festival some far right numbnuts are trying to arrange in Boston this summer? ;))

Most US presidents, working in the real world, find pragmatic common ground where they have to, sometimes for better, often for worse. Few have bent over backwards and disgraced themselves with their fawning over men like Putin, Kim, Duterte, Orban and the like, taking sides with them against their own government, all the while telling traditional, long-standing allies to go f**k themselves.

five points

Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 01:56:57 PMSeriously? It has to be explained to you that racism has a nice, comfortable home on the far right of the political spectrum and is given tacit and explicit encouragement by Trump?

You seem keen to ignore Dem racebaiting.

(I'll bet you're getting excited about the "straight pride" festival some far right numbnuts are trying to arrange in Boston this summer? ;))

What are you on about? Trump supports LGBT.

Most US presidents, working in the real world, find pragmatic common ground where they have to, sometimes for better, often for worse. Few have bent over backwards and disgraced themselves with their fawning over men like Putin, Kim, Duterte, Orban and the like, taking sides with them against their own government, all the while telling traditional, long-standing allies to go f**k themselves.

Orban is democratically elected.
Trump scared the lard out of Kim. Some fawning that.
Clinton, Bush Junior and Obama all tolerated and co-operated with Putin.
Duterte is a nobody.
Funny how you never mentioned Xi Jingping. Now President for life with over a million muslims locked up. But evil Trump. How dare he threaten sanctions on China, "traditional, long-standing allies"

J70

So what if Orban is democratically elected? Are you in favour of the policies and rhetoric he has pursued?
The likes of Orban, Duterte and Bolsonaro may be "nobodies" on the world stage, but that hasn't stopped Trump singling them out for praise, despite their rise on the back of fear mongering and demagoguery, similar to himself.
Kim – Trump is STILL talking about what a nice, smart guy he is!
Putin – the others may have cooperated with him to some degree. However, they didn't point blank refuse to condemn him under any circumstance. They didn't side with him against the official views of their own governments and agencies.
And yes, I didn't mention China. Nor did I condemn what he is doing with respect to China. A broken clock is still right twice a day. Doesn't make up for the appalling shitshow that is his overall presidency and personal conduct.

Second, if Trump "supports" LBGT rights, then why is he and his administration fighting in the courts and military every chance they get to deny them support and rights? 

Finally, go ahead and tell us what "race baiting" you're on about.

five points

Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 02:30:38 PM
So what if Orban is democratically elected? Are you in favour of the policies and rhetoric he has pursued?
Yes. And???
The likes of Orban, Duterte and Bolsonaro may be "nobodies" on the world stage, but that hasn't stopped Trump singling them out for praise, despite their rise on the back of fear mongering and demagoguery, similar to himself.

And???
And??? He still wiped his ass with him.
Putin – the others may have cooperated with him to some degree. However, they didn't point blank refuse to condemn him under any circumstance.
Actions v words. Talk is cheap.
QuoteThey didn't side with him against the official views of their own governments and agencies.
You sure of that?

QuoteAnd yes, I didn't mention China. Nor did I condemn what he is doing with respect to China. A broken clock is still right twice a day. Doesn't make up for the appalling shitshow that is his overall presidency and personal conduct.
Whatever, but still nicely punctured your "longstanding allies" sanctimony.

Second, if Trump "supports" LBGT rights, then why is he and his administration fighting in the courts and military every chance they get to deny them support and rights? 
Eh? He's just launched a campaign to decriminalise homosexuality worldwide. Of course there is lots to nitpick, but nitpicking it is.

QuoteFinally, go ahead and tell us what "race baiting" you're on about.

Check the Nathan Phillips and Jussie Smollett hoaxes, both eagerly pushed by the Dems.

J70

Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 02:43:56 PM
Yes. And???

And???

So you are in favour of reactionary, right, demagogic wing political policies?

At least you're admitting it.

And??? He still wiped his ass with him.

Really?

Is he not back doing missile tests? How long until the nuke tests start again?

Putin – the others may have cooperated with him to some degree. However, they didn't point blank refuse to condemn him under any circumstance.
Actions v words. Talk is cheap.

Words don't matter? Trump didn't have to backtrack in humiliaton?
What actions exactly?

QuoteThey didn't side with him against the official views of their own governments and agencies.
You sure of that?

Feel free to post a similar example.

QuoteAnd yes, I didn't mention China. Nor did I condemn what he is doing with respect to China. A broken clock is still right twice a day. Doesn't make up for the appalling shitshow that is his overall presidency and personal conduct.
Whatever, but still nicely punctured your "longstanding allies" sanctimony.

I see. So Trump HAS NOT been openly hostile to European nations and even the likes of f**king Canada?

Eh? He's just launched a campaign to decriminalise homosexuality worldwide. Of course there is lots to nitpick, but nitpicking it is.

Nitpicking my arse. Luckily for LGBT people in the US, there is a court system to hamstring Trump and the GOP.

QuoteFinally, go ahead and tell us what "race baiting" you're on about.

Check the Nathan Phillips and Jussie Smollett hoaxes, both eagerly pushed by the Dems.

That's it?

No history of "race-baiting" policies or rhetoric? Just two anecdotes, one a social media outrage explosion involving an old Native America and smirking kid in a MAGA hat, and an actor whose staging of a fake attack/police report was exposed by Obama's former chief of staff and his police department?