Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

only 46? I thought she would have been older in fairness - only highlights her talent from an early age. An iconic voice.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

quit yo jibbajabba

Great wee band back in the day. Great voice she had

Puckoon

Remember bouncing around in youth club discos to a local band busting out Zombie and other 90's era classics. RIP, far too young.

Declan

Way too young. RIP Dolores

T Fearon

Gone to the Faithful Departed

quit yo jibbajabba

Away checking the song lists there...

Captain Obvious

Very sad news great singer RIP Dolores

longballin

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 15, 2018, 06:23:38 PM
Away checking the song lists there...

yeah that's what Tony drags it to...

johnneycool

RIP Dolores, great distinctive voice.

She suffered from Bi-polar disorder according to some commentators on RTÉ

BennyCake

Quote from: johnneycool on January 16, 2018, 11:20:02 AM
RIP Dolores, great distinctive voice.

She suffered from Bi-polar disorder according to some commentators on RTÉ

Remember her saying last year she had a disc problem in her back. Think she had it removed and seemed to be very problematic for her. A recent tour was postponed because of her back problems.

Looking back the last couple of years, in interviews she seemed pale and frail. But I guess she was always pale skinned and of thin build.

theskull1

Always think of the Fred Eaglesmith song lyrics when you hear of tragic premature deaths of people who 'had it all'  :-\

Alcohol and pills, its a cryin' shame
You think they might have been happy with the glory and the fame
But fame doesn't take away the pain, it just pays the bills
And you wind up on alcohol and pills
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syferus

Quote from: theskull1 on January 16, 2018, 11:44:07 AM
Always think of the Fred Eaglesmith song lyrics when you hear of tragic premature deaths of people who 'had it all'  :-\

Alcohol and pills, its a cryin' shame
You think they might have been happy with the glory and the fame
But fame doesn't take away the pain, it just pays the bills
And you wind up on alcohol and pills

Kinda verging into Tony Ferron territory with that and no word on what happened. Back problems is a very different reason for drug use than what that song is referring to as well.

theskull1

So I should I be ashamed of thinking about these song lyrics whenever I'm thinking of a premature death of a famous person when speculation gets bandied about potential causes of death?  I can't say in a public forum that I'm reminded of them regardless of whether any speculation is true or untrue?

Righto ya fool!!

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syferus

Quote from: theskull1 on January 16, 2018, 05:31:37 PM
So I should I be ashamed of thinking about these song lyrics whenever I'm thinking of a premature death of a famous person when speculation gets bandied about potential causes of death?  I can't say in a public forum that I'm reminded of them regardless of whether any speculation is true or untrue?

Righto ya fool!!

Where exactly did I stop you from saying them or that you should be ashamed? Calm down.

seafoid

France Gall also died recently. She was a French singer. One o the magazines said she was "emporte par le chagrin" which roughly means "taken away by dissatisfaction with life" . Probably the same for poor Dolores.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU