The Wire (tv drama)

Started by Main Street, October 18, 2008, 12:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newbridge Exile

One of my favourite's is where Bird is being interviewed at the station and after giving bad manners to all and sundry ,Daniels comes in and tears up the Polaroid photo that was taken prior to the start of the interview (as proof that he did not gain any more injuries on top of what he got whilst being arrested ) he pleads for the handcuffs to be taken off to give himself a chance , needless to say they were not

The GAA

Quote from: james564t on April 20, 2009, 02:12:37 AM
omar's probably the best character but there's almost too many to choose from.

funniest moment of series 1 was wee-bay taking more murders for more chips and another burger (medium-rare, lots of horseradish sauce)

don't want to say too much in case i ruin the last season for some. omar was class. "whad up bird?"

The police wakes were brilliant writing. did they come up with that or is that a real custom?

Main Street

I don't know about that but sure as hell, Heinikin's popularity with the cops was a "bit" artificial.

Minder

Lads for any of you that have see it all try not to drop any spoilers in. I always enter this thread very tentatively just in case.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Donagh

Jimmy McNulty's wake in the last episode is good craic.

tyrone86

Main Street

RIP

when "The Wire" became "The Wake"

AFS

Lester Freamon on the one show now  :)

Main Street

We're back in business.

Series 2 starts tonight.
Was the snooker all that important?

Newbridge Exile

Praise be for Bt Vision, they have the first ten episodes of series 2 available on their on demand service

Minder

Anyone that is recording it on Sky Plus to watch at a more reasonable hour beware, twice last week "programme has ended" came up before it was actually over. Happened twice last week. B*stards.

nifan

Finished the last series on the weekend there - so can look at this thread now.
Not too many spoilers in fairness, but i couldnt take the risk!

Bensars

Another new show out there for any of you downloaders.  The Corner- also set in Baltimore is from the same creator of "The Wire".

Six part mini series.  Seems to come highly recommended

Minder

Quote from: Bensars on May 18, 2009, 10:52:09 AM
Another new show out there for any of you downloaders.  The Corner- also set in Baltimore is from the same creator of "The Wire".

Six part mini series.  Seems to come highly recommended

Based on the book i take it Bensars?

Bensars

Aye.

The Corner is a 2000 HBO television miniseries based on the book The Corner: A Year in the Life of an Inner-City Neighborhood by David Simon and Ed Burns and adapted for television by Simon and David Mills.

The Corner chronicles the life of a family living in poverty amid the open-air drug markets of West Baltimore.

The miniseries won several Emmy Awards in 2000, including that for best miniseries. Charles S. Dutton won for his direction of the mini series. David Mills and David Simon won Emmys for their writing. The Corner was also nominated for Outstanding Casting for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special.