Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Don't know him good to see him getting his chance. Lorcan Quinn is another v talented goalkeeper with potentially a very bright future with Tyrone as well. Future is bright for keepers.

trailer

Stick a fork in me because I am done. Peter Donnelly in goals and Niall Morgan outfield? Like in a proper Tyrone game? Championship?

Under Lights

Another round of trials last night, terrible evening for it.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Under Lights on November 29, 2018, 07:19:11 AM
another group of fellas or the same as last time?

redhandefender

Quote from: GaelTheGael on November 28, 2018, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: the_daddy on November 28, 2018, 10:18:37 AM
From what I've seen, Lorcan Quinn will take over the number 1 jersey from Morgan when the time comes.
I would agree that Quinn is in the best position to take over from Morgan in due course, enormous potential with him.
Dont see Gallen as any improvement on O'Neill nevermind Morgan and his out field contributions won't be allowed for Tyrone either. In the Tyrone championship this year the most impressive keeper was probably Peter Donnelly, which says alot about the depth of Goalkeeper outside of Morgan and O'Neill in Tyrone at the minute.

Complete rubbish. Have seen gallen a good few times now and every game he has an incredible influence on the game. He wins some amount of frees and you can see the other team panicing when he goes.

Seen him land some monster frees as well under pressure. The position has changed look at the laois keeper getting plaudits last year. Morgan still number one for me but gallen pushing very hard.

Under Lights

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 29, 2018, 07:57:02 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on November 29, 2018, 07:19:11 AM
another group of fellas or the same as last time?

Same fellas.

southtyronegael

Heard young shields from clogher put Lee Brennan in his pocket at one of the trials.

Eastie

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 30, 2018, 09:25:07 AM
Heard young shields from clogher put Lee Brennan in his pocket at one of the trials.
He's a top player and very dedicated. Captain for the under 20's last year and could play anywhere. Seen a few photos of him playing for clogher with 14 and 11 on his back. Heard Murray from the tats played well too.

Fuzzman

Where would yis play Morgan outfield?

southtyronegael

must be a serious lack of talent in tyrone if we think we need to convert our keeper into an outfield player.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 30, 2018, 08:37:25 PM
must be a serious lack of talent in tyrone if we think we need to convert our keeper into an outfield player.

What are you talking about? He's an outfield player that also does nets. He was the most effective sweeper in the club championship and if he was a random club  player would get his chance based on that.

Any word on who all called up?

Therealdonald

Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 30, 2018, 09:28:23 PM

What are you talking about? He's an outfield player that also does nets. He was the most effective sweeper in the club championship and if he was a random club  player would get his chance based on that.

Have to agree with STG. He's a goalie and wouldn't get a chance if he was a normal outside player. I heard a list of names mentioned and it was either men that were there before, or defenders. Why not bring in 3 or 4 19 or 20 year old inside forwards who are at least 6 foot tall and mould them into what we need?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 30, 2018, 09:47:17 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on November 30, 2018, 09:28:23 PM

Have to agree with STG. He's a goalie and wouldn't get a chance if he was a normal outside player. I heard a list of names mentioned and it was either men that were there before, or defenders. Why not bring in 3 or 4 19 or 20 year old inside forwards who are at least 6 foot tall and mould them into what we need?

He was very good in the club championship. If he wasn't the Tyrone goalie he'd get a trial based on those performances.

southtyronegael

so where exactly do you propose morgan plays outfield and who does he replace? ive no problem with the goalie coming out the field to create overlaps or even an extra man in attack as I think this could be a major tactic over the next 5 yrs with beggan leading the way. although the sight of morgan heading over the half way line with the ball would prob make most of his teammates and supporters fill the togs.

Redhand Santa

I'm not saying he should play out the field. But I am saying based on his performances in the club championship he'd be more than deserving of a trial outfield if he got one. If he did get a go it would probably be as a sweeper. But I'd be surprised if he wasn't the keeper next year.