Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I was thinking that lol.

Taylor

Can anyone recommend any cream for the knees?
Touch of arthritis so thought one of you might be able to recommend something to help loosen them up a bit

ballinaman

Quote from: Taylor on December 02, 2019, 02:53:11 PM
Can anyone recommend any cream for the knees?
Touch of arthritis so thought one of you might be able to recommend something to help loosen them up a bit

Go running. Gradual progression of volume or intensity over prolonged period of time (months / years).

https://bmjopensem.bmj.com/content/5/1/e000586

BennyCake

The insole of one of my running shoes has detached and keeps slipping/moving and is uncomfortable and annoying when running. Is there any sticky fixer thingys that will hold it back in place to the bottom of my trainer?

johnnycool

Anyone recommend decent ear pieces that'll stay in your ear when running?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on December 06, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Have this problem and the Beats head set is the best as it wraps around the ear, and the plug goes in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on December 04, 2019, 11:55:44 AM
The insole of one of my running shoes has detached and keeps slipping/moving and is uncomfortable and annoying when running. Is there any sticky fixer thingys that will hold it back in place to the bottom of my trainer?
Why not just glue it?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2019, 07:11:00 PM
Why not just glue it?

I thought about that, but thought there'd be a better solution. Not even sure what type of glue would be suitable?

laoislad

Quote from: BennyCake on December 07, 2019, 11:55:16 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 06, 2019, 07:11:00 PM
Why not just glue it?

I thought about that, but thought there'd be a better solution. Not even sure what type of glue would be suitable?
Some super glue or gorilla glue would work fine I'd say.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2019, 03:26:54 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 06, 2019, 01:49:23 PM

Have this problem and the Beats head set is the best as it wraps around the ear, and the plug goes in

Agreed. The wireless Beats do the running job well !!!

Hereiam

Have a broken wrist an have a cast on now. Anyone run with a cast that can provide a few tips.

Orior

That's it. Enough is enough. I'm gonna do a Belfast Parkrun in the Waterworks at 11am. Keep out of my way.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rois

Quote from: Orior on January 01, 2020, 09:07:27 AM
That's it. Enough is enough. I'm gonna do a Belfast Parkrun in the Waterworks at 11am. Keep out of my way.
Record numbers this morning across Belfast, by all accounts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on January 01, 2020, 08:34:10 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 01, 2020, 09:07:27 AM
Record numbers this morning across Belfast, by all accounts.

Was going to go but went up Cavehill instead with the dogs! Steady flow of hikers up today the hike was easy, passing a drink driving test at 10am on New Year's Day was soooo much harder! Cops out in full today, probably why the Parkruns were at 11
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quite a few at 930 too. I think it's maybe the only day you can do two.

Records all round Belfast. Some numbers at them these days.