Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: giveherlong on August 09, 2018, 10:35:20 PM
Quote from: TabClear on August 09, 2018, 01:32:51 PM
Quote from: square_ball on August 09, 2018, 01:22:44 PM
As far as I know as long as there has been no games conceded to the teams involved throughout the season then it goes to score difference. Otherwise it's a playoff.

You'd imagine the championship will be between eskra and clogher so a chance of revenge for the eskra men there.

Cheers SB, that makes sense.

Would nt be too sure about the Championship being a 2 horse race. As Killeshil proved at Eskra any of the top 5 or 6 in Div 3 could turn them over in a single game.

Errigal Thirds could be a darkhorse albeit they have a tricky opening tie against Drumragh.

Errigal strong contender for Junior championship. Will beat Drumragh ok
Errigal making some push on all fronts for honours this year. 25 years on the go
Minor championship in the bag and division 1 & 3 Reserve championship likely to follow this weekend
Could be a record haul this year

Its taking the piss out of actual Div 3 Clubs. Proper Junior Clubs investing a lot of resources into developing players to try and get promoted/win silverware, then Errigal just drop Senior players down to their III's team with no oversight from the County Board.

Errigal III's can't even get promoted so whats the point?

Under Lights

Quote from: GlenMan on August 09, 2018, 11:47:13 PM
As far as I know as long as there has been no games conceded to the teams involved throughout the season then it goes to score difference. Otherwise it's a playoff.

You'd imagine the championship will be between eskra and clogher so a chance of revenge for the eskra men there.

Would nt be too sure about the Championship being a 2 horse race. As Killeshil proved at Eskra any of the top 5 or 6 in Div 3 could turn them over in a single game.

Errigal Thirds could be a darkhorse albeit they have a tricky opening tie against Drumragh.

Errigal making some push on all fronts for honours this year. 25 years on the go
Minor championship in the bag and division 1 & 3 Reserve championship likely to follow this weekend

Its taking the piss out of actual Div 3 Clubs. Proper Junior Clubs investing a lot of resources into developing players to try and get promoted/win silverware, then Errigal just drop Senior players down to their III's team with no oversight from the County Board.

Are we likely to see any more parish teams in the next 10 years?

clarshack

how can they not be promoted to Division 2? they've been promoted in the past.

I think the issue would be if they then went and won Division 2/IFC.

omagh_gael

Quote from: clarshack on August 10, 2018, 09:22:00 AM

how can they not be promoted to Division 2? they've been promoted in the past.

I think the issue would be if they then went and won Division 2/IFC.

What happens if they find themselves in a division 2 play off spot and Errigal 1st team somehow manage to find themselves in the relegation play off spot?

Extremely unlikely event but I don't think it could be allowed to, even hypothetically, happen.

Under Lights

I think that the original agreement says that there must be a whole division between the pair. There are enough numbers there for a seperate independent club (as it always should have been).

Christmas Lights

Are you sure Errigal 3rd have been in Division 2??  Im nearly sure they havent but correct me if Im wrong

skeog

Omagh will find it tough in senior championship 5 starters gone for different reasons new jobs ,travel, and injury.

Degrassi Hi

There wouldn't be an issue for Errigal thirds winning the Division 3 championship and getting promoted to Division 2 however they would not be able to play in the Ulster club championship.  I would doubt if they would be able to be promoted to Division 1 if they were ever to win an Intermediate league or championship. You still give great credit to the Errigal club for being able to provide competitive football for the players in their 4 parishes.

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 10, 2018, 09:50:17 AM
Are you sure Errigal 3rd have been in Division 2??  Im nearly sure they havent but correct me if Im wrong

Don't believe that Errigal III have been in intermediate but Errigal II won promotion in round 1990 or 91 with the Canavans & Mickey Harte all playing.

giveherlong

They have never been promoted. YET

Tommo2

Quote from: skeog on August 10, 2018, 09:50:55 AM
Omagh will find it tough in senior championship 5 starters gone for different reasons new jobs ,travel, and injury.

Jason McAnulla is back. Meyler & Conor Clarke out.

clarshack

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on August 10, 2018, 10:00:37 AM

Don't believe that Errigal III have been in intermediate but Errigal II won promotion in round 1990 or 91 with the Canavans & Mickey Harte all playing.

Errigal had a senior and reserve team playing in Division 1 in 1990. The Errigal II team played in Division 3 that year too. Maybe Errigal II should have been named Errigal III at the time.

In hiding

Quote from: Tommo2 on August 10, 2018, 10:39:15 AM

Aaron Grugan and Stevie Mullan also not available

GJL

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on August 10, 2018, 09:58:17 AM
There wouldn't be an issue for Errigal thirds winning the Division 3 championship and getting promoted to Division 2 however they would not be able to play in the Ulster club championship.  I would doubt if they would be able to be promoted to Division 1 if they were ever to win an Intermediate league or championship. You still give great credit to the Errigal club for being able to provide competitive football for the players in their 4 parishes.

Eh?

It is one Parish..

Onthe40

Quote from: In hiding on August 10, 2018, 11:16:44 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on August 10, 2018, 10:39:15 AM

Aaron Grugan and Stevie Mullan also not available

from what I hear big Joe hasn't trained, played much either...