Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

BIGONE

Happiest man in Tyrone today is Brendan Begley!

omagh_gael

Quote from: Dire Ear on August 06, 2018, 02:24:57 PM
McNulty still in squad?

Well he was on the match day squad for the Roscommon game so I'm assuming he's still there.

Under Lights

D3 championship goes ahead from Friday 17th of August. A lot of teams season will come to an end mid August with the league campaign being wrapped up this weekend.

RedHand88

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 06, 2018, 04:17:42 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on August 06, 2018, 02:24:57 PM
McNulty still in squad?

Well he was on the match day squad for the Roscommon game so I'm assuming he's still there.

He was in training gear on the bench on Sunday. He wasn't in the match day squad but is still with the team.

on the sideline

Quote from: Under Lights on August 08, 2018, 07:53:49 AM
D3 championship goes ahead from Friday 17th of August. A lot of teams season will come to an end mid August with the league campaign being wrapped up this weekend.

Are the venues, times and dates released yet?

Under Lights

Quote from: on the sideline on August 08, 2018, 11:08:18 AM
Quote from: Under Lights on August 08, 2018, 07:53:49 AM

Are the venues, times and dates released yet?

Yeah email went around last night. Its on the Tyrone Gaa Website.

unior  Football Championship 2018
Friday 17th    Preliminary Round at 7.30pm in Urney

Dregish Pearse Ogs

V

Castlederg St Eugene's
   First Round at 7pm & 8.30pm in Fintona

Clogher Eire Og

V

Drumquin Wolfe Tone's

Glenelly St Joseph's

V

Beragh Red Knights

Saturday 18th    First Round at 2pm & 3.30pm in Tattyreagh

Fintona Pearse's

V

Killeeshil St Mary's

Newtownstewart St Eugene's

V

Brocagh Emmet's
   First Round at 5.30pm & 7pm in Greencastle

Clann na nGael

V

Rock St Patrick's

Brackaville Eoghan Rua

V

Eskra Emmet's

Friday 24th    First Round at 7.15pm in Galbally

Drumragh Sarsfield's

V

Errigal Ciaran
   First Round at 7.15pm in Fintona

Prelim Winners

V

Killyman St Mary's

TabClear

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 29, 2018, 09:31:09 PM
Quote from: giveherlong on July 29, 2018, 08:27:45 PM
Kileeshil have blown the division 3 race wide open defeating eskra today
Eskra and clogher now joint on points at the top
Clogher have beaten eskra already in first game of season
Does it come down to head to head or score difference if they finish level?

Head to head. Clogher in pole position. A win away to Rock next week would almost guarantee them promotion with Glenelly at home in the final game.

Looks like  Eskra blew it with Clogher beating Rock. Ironic that the final positions are likely to be ultimately decided by the opening day result!

Score difference is pot luck to an extent. Depending on league positions getting a lower team at the end of the season as opposed to first couple of games can be worth 10 plus points in scoring charts. What happens if teams level on point sand head to head is a draw, does SD apply then?

square_ball

As far as I know as long as there has been no games conceded to the teams involved throughout the season then it goes to score difference. Otherwise it's a playoff.

You'd imagine the championship will be between eskra and clogher so a chance of revenge for the eskra men there.

TabClear

Quote from: square_ball on August 09, 2018, 01:22:44 PM
As far as I know as long as there has been no games conceded to the teams involved throughout the season then it goes to score difference. Otherwise it's a playoff.

You'd imagine the championship will be between eskra and clogher so a chance of revenge for the eskra men there.

Cheers SB, that makes sense.

Would nt be too sure about the Championship being a 2 horse race. As Killeshil proved at Eskra any of the top 5 or 6 in Div 3 could turn them over in a single game.

Errigal Thirds could be a darkhorse albeit they have a tricky opening tie against Drumragh.

square_ball

Quote from: TabClear on August 09, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

Would nt be too sure about the Championship being a 2 horse race. As Killeshil proved at Eskra any of the top 5 or 6 in Div 3 could turn them over in a single game.

Errigal Thirds could be a darkhorse albeit they have a tricky opening tie against Drumragh.

That's true to be fair. A lot of pressure on eskra to win the championship after blowing the league.  Probably a bit premature to be ruling out the likes of beragh, killeeshil and probably a few others.

Under Lights

I would imagine that D3 championship is fairly open. I wouldn't rule out the likes of Beragh, Errigal IIIs, Kileeshil, Rock and the previous mentioned in with a shout. League positions mean very little with it comes to any of the three divisions.

chieftain

Quote from: Under Lights on August 09, 2018, 02:04:11 PM
I would imagine that D3 championship is fairly open. I wouldn't rule out the likes of Beragh, Errigal IIIs, Kileeshil, Rock and the previous mentioned in with a shout. League positions mean very little with it comes to any of the three divisions.

dregish v castlederg
clogher v drumquin
Glenelly v beragh
fintona v killeeshil
newtownstewart v brocagh
clan na gael v rock
Brackaville v eskra
drumragh v errigal

castlederg* v killyman

giveherlong

Quote from: TabClear on August 09, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

Errigal strong contender for Junior championship. Will beat Drumragh ok
Errigal making some push on all fronts for honours this year. 25 years on the go
Minor championship in the bag and division 1 & 3 Reserve championship likely to follow this weekend
Could be a record haul this year

giveherlong

Also- any truth Enda McGinley back playing for Errigal 3rds?