The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Well, have a look at the starting 15, and particularly the subs used.
I wasn't at the game, but something odd about the team picked.

A very successful underage team all the way up along is suddenly strengthened by 4/5 players including at least 3 IC players. You wouldn't expect them to underperform in a final, right?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 06, 2019, 01:18:14 AM

A very successful underage team all the way up along is suddenly strengthened by 4/5 players including at least 3 IC players. You wouldn't expect them to underperform in a final, right?
They're 16 year old kids for f**king sake. Grow up a bit yourself perhaps.

BallyroanAbu

Maybe  Abbeyleix underperformed due to the fact 12/13 played a very intense football match the week before.  There good lads both sides leave it there, hopefully they all stay playing.  That's the bigger problem.

Spiritof1915

Serious respect to the harps on a great day yesterday. Goes to show the value of hard work at grass roots level. Mossy must be a happy man. On another note am i right in saying the harps had only 1 representative on this year's minor team against the gaels 6. Something seriously flawed with our county selection if this is the case.

Don Draper

Jesus there's some amount of pettiness here.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on October 06, 2019, 07:01:28 AM

And where did I (or anyone) attack any 16 year old kids?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 06, 2019, 10:59:45 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on October 06, 2019, 07:01:28 AM

And where did I (or anyone) attack any 16 year old kids?
No one accused you of attacking anyone.

16 year olds are very likely to underperform on any given day, give them a break.

clonadmad

The Harps had a well thought out and well executed plan even though Abbeyleix/Ballinakill were roaring hot favorites going into the game.

I wouldn't be too hard on the amalgamation,those chaps were probably a little bit complacent based on results all year,what happened to them will stand them in good stead for the rest of their careers

clonadmad

Quote from: burdizzo on October 23, 2019, 07:04:15 PM
https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/portarlington-/488303/gaa-green-shoots-of-emerging-hurling-force-on-the-laois-offaly-border-in-football-country.html?fbclid=IwAR2SVA5531WO5G0dSMW5B0v0jzvc-DkvNPOkRYYVK-itcao52x-E5R_N3NI

Some lovely hurlers on this team, and hopefully they'll continue to progress.

Great to see Port making progress at underage hurling,there's a small but growing and very dedicated bunch of hurling men over there,which need to be supported

Just on a side note,this "football country" with likes of the express and Laois today gets my goat

There should be no border for either hurling or football country in this county.

LooseCannon

Quote from: clonadmad on October 23, 2019, 08:44:58 PM
https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/portarlington-/488303/gaa-green-shoots-of-emerging-hurling-force-on-the-laois-offaly-border-in-football-country.html?fbclid=IwAR2SVA5531WO5G0dSMW5B0v0jzvc-DkvNPOkRYYVK-itcao52x-E5R_N3NI

Great to see Port making progress at underage hurling,there's a small but growing and very dedicated bunch of hurling men over there,which need to be supported

Just on a side note,this "football country" with likes of the express and Laois today gets my goat

There should be no border for either hurling or football country in this county.
This. The thing I find great about ye as a county is that the likes of Castletown and Camross field football teams. Even at underage. It's magnificent. Unlike all clubs say in South Offaly that don't even bother, not even Birr at underage, and they gave walkovers at adult level. Same can be said for hurling in the north/east. Edenderry being the equivalent to Birr, but at least Birr attempted to field a football team. The other crowd didn't. For some of the giving out done on here, ye have a lot going for ye. That's not to say that ye're perfect....

clonadmad

Quote from: LooseCannon on October 23, 2019, 09:59:46 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on October 23, 2019, 08:44:58 PM

This. The thing I find great about ye as a county is that the likes of Castletown and Camross field football teams. Even at underage. It's magnificent. Unlike all clubs say in South Offaly that don't even bother, not even Birr at underage, and they gave walkovers at adult level. Same can be said for hurling in the north/east. Edenderry being the equivalent to Birr, but at least Birr attempted to field a football team. The other crowd didn't. For some of the giving out done on here, ye have a lot going for ye. That's not to say that ye're perfect....

We have "hurling" clubs fielding football teams

We need "football" clubs fielding hurling teams.

This year we had 320 u11's playing hurling and 570 u11's playing football

We as a county should be aiming to get 700 kids playing both

SCFC

Portlaoise won the under 15 A championship at the weekend and the minor B tonight. Signs of a revival in the town?

clonadmad

Quote from: SCFC on October 23, 2019, 10:44:18 PM
Portlaoise won the under 15 A championship at the weekend and the minor B tonight. Signs of a revival in the town?

Definitely and good to see

They have a fine u15 team that won the A well,best team by a mile at that grade.

U17 team not as strong but won well tonight

They should be in the mix for the minor A title in 2020

Laois Hurling needs a strong Portlaoise

Mad Mentor

Minor 2020 championship should be a cracker as long as there are none of the recent marriage of convenience style amalgamations. B/K, R/E, Portlaoise, C/B, Harps and Abbeyleix would all fancy their chances. Rosenallis and Camross won't be far behind.