The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Stylebender talked the talk and walked the walk!

I love watching Dan Hooker fight.  Gets the job done.
Keep 'er lit

Gmac

screenexile

How much shit can one person get away with??

Capt Pat

Surely the police have to come out and name this well known Irish sports star. He appears to be a bit of a menace to women.

On the other hand if it is McGregor, he does have a lot of money and profile and that tends to attract accusations like these.

yellowcard

Plenty of people were keen to embrace his antics on the way up but I wonder will they be as keen to stick with him now that he is on the way down. I always had a feeling that the whole story would not end well. It is a sad story in how one person has unravelled out of control and there were too many hangers on who profited from his excesses but who weren't prepared to try and reign him in. It has been evident for some time that his lifestyle has unravelled beyond control but I don't know whether he has the tools to want to change.     

tyronefan

gawa316

Diaz out of UFC 244...dang was looking forward to that fight.

McGregor announces his return in Jan

The Gs Man

Gutted about the Diaz news!  Was really looking forward to that one.

Apparently Leon Edwards has been in training camp in case something like this happened.

Hopefully see Jorge giving him the 3 piece with the soda all over again.
Keep 'er lit

Gabriel_Hurl

McGregor vs Cerrone at 170 is booked for UFC 246 on January 18th.

Gmac

Any thoughts on Conor v cowboy ? He looks bulked up in pictures I've seen , not much hype and little thrash talk this time, 9pm sat week my time so I will be tuning in

gallsman

Entirely depends on what McGregor has left. He's had one (real) fight in 3 years, sand he was demolished in that one. Not competing for 3 years is a big deal for an elite athlete. Who knows what he has left.

Prime McGregor demolishes cowboy. He's always been chinny and he'd not be able to take McGregor's power, speed and accuracy. He should still beat him as Cowboy is way over the hill, but if McGregor doesn't get him out of there in the first 7 or 8 mins, I wonder could his cardio issues come back to haunt him again as cowboy has a good gas tank and has shown ability to come back from bad first round beatings like in the Lawler fight.

I think McGregor wins without it really telling us anything about what he has left. Either way, any dreams of troubling Khabib or any of the welterweights like Masvidal are just that, dreams.

gawa316

under the bar

Muck Savage

cowboy looked like he was beat for the last week. Conor absolutely destroyed him. 19/26 landed vs 0/1, 40sec and Cowboy looks like he was put through 3 rounds. Very impressive although also a huge miss match. Conor very focused and looked like someone gave him a kick in the ass for all his antics. But straight after the win on about the piss water again...
We'll see a long line of lads wanting a payday now.