IS JOHN O'MAHONY OVERRATED AS A MANAGER???

Started by Shrewdness, April 26, 2010, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on April 27, 2010, 07:55:19 PM
By the way lads, I notice that there are two separate discussions going on here - is Johnno over-rated as a manager, and is he the right man to manage Mayo now. I don't think he's over-rated as a manager because of what he's achieved. There is no denying his achievements. But judging him in the now, I'm not at all sure that he's the right man to manage Mayo currently. Not sure at all.

Great, that's just what we need. A Roscommon style 'sack the manager after every bad defeat' regime.

I'm as disappointed as anyone after Sunday and I do feel the sideline need to hold up their hands for their part in the collapse, but changing the manager now would be lunacy.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on April 27, 2010, 06:38:08 PM
I refuse to even mention  that "nice man's" name.  >:( >:( >:(
We can get over Relegation to D4, Relegation to D 3, hammerings in bloody Castlebar, having Maughtan as manager,  but that day of infamy where a ref decided he couldnt let Galway be knocked out of the championship ........... >:(

I think it was the same, ahem, person, who was on the whistle the day in Markievicz when we got a late goal (our 3rd) to ruin the script and go one point up. Similarly to above he gave a phantom free to Galway for an alleged foul on PJ and back down to Tuam it was for our usual kicking.

Even Eddie Neary in his pomp couldn't measure down to that lad.

Farrandeelin

You know what does my head in, and Iolar has pointed it out in his brilliant post is the local media won't hear any criticism levelled at all.  >:( Whether it's MWR's lack of common sense to read out so-called 'bad-texts' or what but it has to be the most cringeworthy broadcasting. She (Angelina) will only read out nice things about the Mayo team and will hear none of it if it is putting them down. Some negative comments coming in there' FFS why is there negative comments Angelina? >:( The team have performed woefully yet again and you haven't the guts to call out negative comments about anything at all. My sister was working on Sunday morning at home and she couldn't believe it when they went to a song instead of reading out negative stuff. To me MWR are another shower of FG backed gombeens and just like the Mayo Co Board will say no wrong nor do no wrong with O'Mahony at the helm.  >:(

Rant over.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on April 27, 2010, 08:03:39 PM
By the way lads, I notice that there are two separate discussions going on here - is Johnno over-rated as a manager, and is he the right man to manage Mayo now. I don't think he's over-rated as a manager because of what he's achieved. There is no denying his achievements. But judging him in the now, I'm not at all sure that he's the right man to manage Mayo currently. Not sure at all.

Great, that's just what we need. A Roscommon style 'sack the manager after every bad defeat' regime.

We Sack Managers after every bad Defeat REALLY?.... how about going 5 years without winning a championship match in Ireland

I know one thing for sure if a manager got us to a All Ireland he wouldn't be Sacked like Mickey Moran was with ye!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

IolarCoisCuain

I'm as disappointed as anyone after Sunday and I do feel the sideline need to hold up their hands for their part in the collapse, but changing the manager now would be lunacy.

Saying that I'm not sure that O'Mahony is the man for the job doesn't mean I'm calling for him to be sacked Muppet.

Lots of times people are called in for a chat with the boss and told to smarten up. That doesn't mean they're going to get the bullet.

Do you know what I'd like Muppet? If Mayo aren't good enough, I can deal with that. I've dealt with it all my life. I'd just like O'Mahony to be honest with me and my fellow football fans, and stop spinning about positivity and if you're not with me you're not with Mayo and all this crack.

I wish he'd stop insulting my intelligence by talking this rubbish. I don't expect him to hang players out to dry and blame them, but I do wish he was more honest in his answers.

I was really hopeful when I heard that the panel had been dealing with that choke against Meath, so seeing them choke again was particularly distressing. Which is why I wanted Johnno to tell me if he thinks his psychologist is any damn good if they're making the same mistakes. And I wish that the media would ask him the questions that we're asking here. None of this, not a bit of it, the same as saying I want him sacked, and it's unfair to say it is.

muppet

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on April 27, 2010, 08:59:17 PM

Saying that I'm not sure that O'Mahony is the man for the job doesn't mean I'm calling for him to be sacked Muppet.

Lots of times people are called in for a chat with the boss and told to smarten up. That doesn't mean they're going to get the bullet.

Do you know what I'd like Muppet? If Mayo aren't good enough, I can deal with that. I've dealt with it all my life. I'd just like O'Mahony to be honest with me and my fellow football fans, and stop spinning about positivity and if you're not with me you're not with Mayo and all this crack.

I wish he'd stop insulting my intelligence by talking this rubbish. I don't expect him to hang players out to dry and blame them, but I do wish he was more honest in his answers.

I was really hopeful when I heard that the panel had been dealing with that choke against Meath, so seeing them choke again was particularly distressing. Which is why I wanted Johnno to tell me if he thinks his psychologist is any damn good if they're making the same mistakes. And I wish that the media would ask him the questions that we're asking here. None of this, not a bit of it, the same as saying I want him sacked, and it's unfair to say it is.

Delivered like a true football manager.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

sammymaguire

Good read Iolar, a man passionate about the subject of GAA
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 27, 2010, 08:09:56 PM
You know what does my head in, and Iolar has pointed it out in his brilliant post is the local media won't hear any criticism levelled at all.  >:( Whether it's MWR's lack of common sense to read out so-called 'bad-texts' or what but it has to be the most cringeworthy broadcasting. She (Angelina) will only read out nice things about the Mayo team and will hear none of it if it is putting them down. Some negative comments coming in there' FFS why is there negative comments Angelina? >:( The team have performed woefully yet again and you haven't the guts to call out negative comments about anything at all. My sister was working on Sunday morning at home and she couldn't believe it when they went to a song instead of reading out negative stuff. To me MWR are another shower of FG backed gombeens and just like the Mayo Co Board will say no wrong nor do no wrong with O'Mahony at the helm.  >:(

Rant over.

What?? Rant over?
Arrah, shag it; and I thought you were only starting to rev her up! ;D
Go on; take a deep breath or two and let rip again!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

REDCOL

Iorlar, I will name 12 lads that will start on the team, I wont name positions you only could name two players who you felt were sure of their places, I have no problem giving 100 euro to cancer care west if your game.

Is it not a manager's job to deal with disciplinary issues rather than just chucking a man in the bin? - He has dealt with it he is not on the panel.

Zulu

I'm not sure what you want him to do there Iolar, his public utterances are made to different groups, the Mayo supporters, his opponents, his players and the general GAA and sporting public. He has to be careful about what he says as he would be particularly wary of how his own players and opposition managers/players would take things.

I also don't think last Sunday was anything like the Meath game, Meath are not better than Mayo, Cork are significantly better and showed it, simple as. It should also be remembered that Mayo lost both Kilcoyne and O'Shea (their best forwards on the day) against Meath so they were certainly unlucky that day.

I thought Mayo did quite well in many respects last Sunday, they just met a team that would beat them 10 times out of 10.

rosnarun

Every game ?
the f**ker has been there 3 years and with each year mayo look futher away from an all Ireland win.
he has run out of excuses
By the way can you tell me who will start for Kerry in the first round of Munster, or who will start for Dublin in Leinster.
not the 1st roung but i bet id name 12 of the kerry men that would play in next year all Ireland final should they qualify
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Zulu

Let me ask this of the Mayo lads who are complaining about JOM, what exactly is he doing wrong and how would you improve it?

M&M and Maughan also got dogs abuse and they also did quite well, could it be simply that Mayo don't have teh players and no manager would win them an AI at the moment?

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: REDCOL on April 27, 2010, 09:49:53 PM
Iorlar, I will name 12 lads that will start on the team, I wont name positions you only could name two players who you felt were sure of their places, I have no problem giving 100 euro to cancer care west if your game.

Is it not a manager's job to deal with disciplinary issues rather than just chucking a man in the bin? - He has dealt with it he is not on the panel.

I'll repeat the conditions of the bet RedCol. I claimed that only two players, Clarke and McGarrity, are sure of their shirts - 1 and 9 respectively. You claimed that "12 or 13 of the team that will line out are well known to anyone with a passing interest in Mayo Football."

So, for you to win, you list the team, 1-15, and the names next to them. You don't have to get all fifteen right. You only have to get twelve names to match their numbers and I'll shell out the hundred bucks to Cancer Care West. They have to match the shirts for the bet to have action - like, you can't stick the Mort in goals, you know? Where players play is one of the big questions we're debating here, because there is a question about players being played out of position. What do you say?

lawnseed

YEP! jonno has really changed things around at mayo, they used to be losers and chokers, but now they they're chokers and losers. heard that on newstalk. thats a great cork side theres no disgrace in getting beat there. they stuffed Armagh comprehensively
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Zulu on April 27, 2010, 09:53:50 PM

I'm not sure what you want him to do there Iolar, his public utterances are made to different groups, the Mayo supporters, his opponents, his players and the general GAA and sporting public. He has to be careful about what he says as he would be particularly wary of how his own players and opposition managers/players would take things.

I also don't think last Sunday was anything like the Meath game, Meath are not better than Mayo, Cork are significantly better and showed it, simple as. It should also be remembered that Mayo lost both Kilcoyne and O'Shea (their best forwards on the day) against Meath so they were certainly unlucky that day.

I thought Mayo did quite well in many respects last Sunday, they just met a team that would beat them 10 times out of 10.

The only people O'Mahony has to address honestly are the people of Mayo Zulu. I could be bothered what he says to anyone else. I just don't want him filling his own with blather. We deserve better.

I reject absolutely the notion that Cork would beat Mayo ten times out of ten. Cork haven't won the last ten straight against Mayo, have they? I know Cork are a good team but Jesus Christ, it's not like they're the Beatles.