The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Bitta money on zareyiba in the 9.05 at leopardstown,1st time out and berry on board mite be worth a little flutter.

Catch the high ball

Great shout Beer Baron, just had 5 on it.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

gerrykeegan

Good man BB but the last of my PP account on it
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

beer baron

Invincible lad running at 4.35 york today,got boxed in last time out before finishing very strongly,could go close-just a fancy

beer baron

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Homer on June 09, 2010, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 08, 2010, 06:19:09 PM
Nice spot lads. Have them ordered. Might wear them outside my trousers at Cheltenham next year!

Like the pockets then?  ;)

:D

Prefer the inside pocket of the suit tbh!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Day 1 at Royal Ascot immenent so time to get the top hat and tails ready so one doesn't offend dear old Lizzy and tally-ho!

The Queen Anne is the best race of the week and it's the first of the meeting. I think it's between the golden filly and the ripper. Can't have Paco Boy repeating last year's win against those two. He was stuffed by Rip Van Winkle at Goodwood and I see no reason why he'll turn that around. Given Ballydoyle's indifferent form I'm tempted to side with Goldikova but I'm worried about her draw in stall 1. She can be a bit muleish at the gates and I'd be worried she'll do something quare at the start like jump out away from the field and drift towards the rail. I'd prefer if she was drawn in amongst horses where Peslier could get her settled. If the Ripper drifts in the morning and there's any 4/1 around I'd be tempted to go in e/w but I'll probably sit on my hands and enjoy what should be a cracker.

I'd expect Canford Cliffs to turn Newmarket Guineas form around with the French horse in the St James Palace but the prices are all wrong for me. CC is way too short to be a betting proposition for me given the opposition. Steinbeck will have come on a tonne for the run at the Curragh and I'd expect him to be an awful lot closer this time round.

I really liked this Zoffany at Naas and it's noteworthy that Murtagh has gone for him over Samuel Morse who has better form in the book. I'll be having a decent e/w bet on him to turn over the Hannon jolly in the Coventry.

I don't know an awful lot about most of the English flat horses in some of the lesser races on the card so I'll play it parochially and stick with our own. Small stake e/w bets on Queally's in the 5.00 and DK's in the 5:35.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

It's a rare excursion into the multiple market for me, just for the crack, with some of the same selections, though I prefer Rajik to Elyaadi, mostly because of the 7lbs off and a jockey who can probably make use of it.  E.w. trixie RVW, Steinbeck and Rajik.

illdecide

DH do you think Rip Van Winkle can win this race? i read J Murtagh's bit on Sunday about this race and he was saying he couldn't wait to get the ride...but what concerned me was he said "the race should bring her on a good bit" which sounds like it will be just too sharp for her first time out this year???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Catch the high ball

I will definetly be backing Rip van Winkle today, at the start of the season all the O'Brien horses were running stinkers, then going and winning next time out. I'd say that was to do with the lack of work done during the cold spells, otherwise I say we would have seen RVW sooner. He is the only horse really that has a bit of value in the race.
If Goldikova performs to her usual high standards then she should win, but after that race at Longchamp were Peslier couldn't get her settled you could be worried about her draw, on that day she was drawn on the extreme outside.

My picks for the day are:

2.30 RIP VAN WINKLE
3.05 KINGSGATE NATIVE (Markab)
3.50 SIYOUNI (Canford Cliffs)
4.25 SAMUEL MORSE (STRONG SUIT)
5.00 PERFECT SHOT (Woolfall Treasure)
5.35 METROPOLITAN MAN

beer baron

One bet today-Elyaadi e/w did me a good turn last time out hopefully repeats it :)

RealSpiritof98

lucky 15

RVW
Markab
Canford
Zoff

I feel lucky today

Catch the high ball

That was an impressive enough performance by the girl although Paco boy was coming like train.

beer baron

I dunno i think Goldikova was never gonna lose,if paco boy ever got boy she would've went again

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch