The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

7:20 Sligo - Mighty Whitey

RealSpiritof98

Hardy

That's it. I went straight back to work as soon as he passed the post. Not because I had Johnny backed, but because there'd be no watching the telly with all the fawning that'll be going on after that. The feckin commentator nearly et himself.

Donnellys Hollow

Johnny was trapped wide the whole way and didn't really get the run of the race. If he was drawn down on the rail he would have won that.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

BennyHarp

I wouldn't be surprised if the queen won sports personality of the year now!
That was never a square ball!!

beer baron

Anyone have any big fancies for todays racing?

I'm interested in Rehns nest of Jim bolgers in the big Fillies race,ran really well in the Irish Guineas when perhaps getting going a bit late but to my eyes looked like she would've give just the judge a race had she got going a bit earlier,just the judge is the favourite here and Rehns nest is available at 16/1, i think she could be a bit of value.

Donnellys Hollow

I like Fahey's filly in the first. She mullered a strong field last time out at Naas.

Hardy

Connections fancy Inis Meain in the 4:25. They often do fancy their runners, though. My experience is that they haven't won every time I've had a tip but nearly always have a good rattle at it and lost one or two only through bad luck or bad rides (more often than not by the owner). I've a small e.w. interest.

homeofhurling8

Lads we have a bit of a squeak in the Wokingham tomorrow with Gabriels lad, far too short now, he was 20/1 this day last week, but this has been the target since Kieren got off him after winning at Ascot last October and told us he would win the Wokingham !

We had him sold in Hong Kong prior to the race for what we considered a very respectable return on our investment but Kieren persuaded us to hang on to him with this race in mind, he likes Ascot , wont mind the drop of rain forecast tonight and is in good fettle, the draw is an unknown especially if the rain comes but Kieren and denis are confident so fingers crossed.

Just a quick mention for another runner tomorrow Ektihaam in the  Hardwicke, ran into his trainer last night who we knew well when he was assistant to Michael Jarvis and he was supremely confident that Ektihaam would win and win well tomorrow.

homeofhurling8

Thanks BC, luck being the operative word ! Lost at Ascot with better horses than this lad but won with worse, its my favourite flat meeting by a country mile but the draw is a killer, you can have the best beast in the race but if he is drawn wrong your f***ed, just had dinner in our usual spot and as usual left with three "definite" winners at least per race for tomorrow, the joys of Ascot !

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: homeofhurling8 on June 21, 2013, 08:36:51 PM
Just a quick mention for another runner tomorrow Ektihaam in the  Hardwicke, ran into his trainer last night who we knew well when he was assistant to Michael Jarvis and he was supremely confident that Ektihaam would win and win well tomorrow.

Ah jesus

RealSpiritof98

Candyman

Hidden Oasis fancied in the first... Price disappearing though

Family guy

Yous horsey men might be fit to answer this question,tho it might sound a little stupid.What does it actually mean when a horse has come off the bridle say,then you hear it's backin the bridle??