Dublin 2011 to 2020 Those were the days my friend…..AKA COYBIB

Started by The Hill is Blue, August 17, 2021, 04:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 21, 2021, 09:48:28 AM
Any truth in those WhatsApp messages doing the rounds
share the wealth. I've heard some mutterings but not seen the messages myself.

Captain Scarlet

I am sure there are some bits added fro dramatic effect. Like the two Small brothers sneering Cluxton and Cluxton in turn getting annoyed with Dessie...BUT

The general gist is that Cluxton was raging after the training breach, with lads who are teachers and front line workers who should not be doing this. Obviously takes the role model thing v seriously.

Now I have heard that Cluxton from a few he did leave over the training ban and they were keeping it qt. Also told that some of the lads went back to try to get Mannion back in but he didn't want it.

Told by one lad who I would trust Dessie is safe and others saying he might not come back.

But yeah that's the WhatsApp flying around.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

FearAnFhírinne

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 21, 2021, 10:52:05 AM
I am sure there are some bits added fro dramatic effect. Like the two Small brothers sneering Cluxton and Cluxton in turn getting annoyed with Dessie...BUT

The general gist is that Cluxton was raging after the training breach, with lads who are teachers and front line workers who should not be doing this. Obviously takes the role model thing v seriously.

Now I have heard that Cluxton from a few he did leave over the training ban and they were keeping it qt. Also told that some of the lads went back to try to get Mannion back in but he didn't want it.

Told by one lad who I would trust Dessie is safe and others saying he might not come back.

Have you heard about the Ballymun vs na Fianna issue on the captaincy?. That seems to be quite outrageous.

tonto1888

Quote from: FearAnFhírinne on August 21, 2021, 11:06:42 AM

Have you heard about the Ballymun vs na Fianna issue on the captaincy?. That seems to be quite outrageous.

That was also in these messages

From the Bunker

The one thing I do admire from modern day inter-county squads is the confidentiality that is kept within the group.

RedHand88

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 21, 2021, 12:26:41 PM
The one thing I do admire from modern day inter-county squads is the confidentiality that is kept within the group.

Have thought this myself. Must be drilled into them om day 1. First rule of fight club.

Hound

The WhatsApp is a complete fabrication.
However, the rumour about Cluxton leaving due to the training incident has been flying around for a long while. No idea if true or not.
Cooper was next in line for captaincy under Gavin, can't see that causing concern.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2021, 08:32:42 AM

However, the rumour about Cluxton leaving due to the training incident has been flying around for a long while. No idea if true or not.
Cooper was next in line for captaincy under Gavin, can't see that causing concern.

Was James McCarthy not captain in the absence of Cluxton under Jim?

Hound

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 23, 2021, 09:17:30 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 23, 2021, 08:32:42 AM

Was James McCarthy not captain in the absence of Cluxton under Jim?
Only when Cooper was injured as far as I know. Cooper lifted Leinster trophy when Cluxton missed the Leinster final one year previously

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2021, 12:03:10 PM
Duoplies aren't much fun either :-\ if you're one of the other 30.
Playing in the  AI football Final has become a "Quadropoly" since 2014 and not much sign of anyone else breaking ut up.

Same as it ever was ....
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre