Qualifiers

Started by wobbller, June 10, 2009, 03:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hill

The teams in the draw will be Down, Derry, Wexford/Roscommon, Sligo, Kerry, Donegal, Meath and Wicklow.
Derry probably look the strongest of the bunch after today, Kerry being quite unimpressive.

doirebhoy

with wex/roscommon drawing, how will this impact?/?

new devil

Derry V Down or Donegal..FACT

Trevor Hill

Derry v Kerry is the draw the other 7 counties want to see.

new devil

Yea but the GAA like to keep the northern teams together  ::)

Trevor Hill

thebuzz

Quote from: new devil on July 11, 2009, 10:18:31 PM
Derry V Down or Donegal..FACT

I agree. There supposedly aren't any conspiracies but I guarantee we get an Ulster team. I hope I'm wrong.

new devil

Yes didnt you hear  ::)

obviously not every ulster team plays another ulster team but more often than not thats how it works out

Hoof Hearted

with all due respect to everyone left, when the draw is made tomorrow, everyone will want Sligo or Wicklow at home and avoid Kerry away. FACT as Rafa Benitez would say.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hound

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 11, 2009, 09:50:49 PM
The teams in the draw will be Down, Derry, Wexford/Roscommon, Sligo, Kerry, Donegal, Meath and Wicklow.
Derry probably look the strongest of the bunch after today, Kerry being quite unimpressive.
Wexford/Roscommon are the only team I would say with complete confidence will lose next round, no matter who and where they play.

I wouldnt fancy any of the north teams chances in Aughrim, though I think Wicklow will need home advantage to progress. IMO the only two capable of beating Meath are Derry and Kerry. I've no idea why, but I'm hoping Meath have a good run.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hound on July 11, 2009, 11:07:23 PM
I've no idea why, but I'm hoping Meath have a good run.

Get back on those pills Hound  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hound on July 11, 2009, 11:07:23 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 11, 2009, 09:50:49 PM
Wexford/Roscommon are the only team I would say with complete confidence will lose next round, no matter who and where they play.

I wouldnt fancy any of the north teams chances in Aughrim, though I think Wicklow will need home advantage to progress. IMO the only two capable of beating Meath are Derry and Kerry. I've no idea why, but I'm hoping Meath have a good run.

your probably right there hound, but only one of those 3 teams can win the AI. Jesus, Kerry and Meath aint what they used to be  ;D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

joemamas

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on July 11, 2009, 05:30:07 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 29, 2009, 12:16:54 PM
Quote from: joemamas on June 28, 2009, 06:54:54 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2009, 08:38:04 AM
4 July
First round qualifiers
8 matches involving the 16 teams who lost prior to provincial semi finals

11 July
2nd round qualifiers
8 matches, the 8 winners from round 1 against the 8 losing provincial semi-finalists (losing semi finalists cannot play each other)

18 July
3rd round qualfiers
4 matches, involving the 8 winners from round 2

25 July
4th round qualifiers
4 matches involving the 4 winners from round 3 against the 4 losing provincial finalists (losing finalists cannot play each other)

1/2/3 August
All Ireland quarter-final
4 provincial champions against the 4 winners from round 4
Cannot have a repeat of a provincial final

So the games come thick and fast. Very tough as somebody entering the first round stage would have to play 5 games on successive weekends. Even Kerry would have to play 4 weekends in succession. But I suppose it should be tough for qualifiers. Though there are invariably games put back a week for one reason or another.
Is it me or is the individual(s) responsible for the dates schedule smoking something. All that has to happen once over the course of the next four week is for one draw(unless teams are playing to the death) and the q/final schedule (when the real championship begins) along with may I add the club championships of those same counties. would love to get an explanation from somebody in the know.

for clarity purposes, I meant to say that a draw in the qualifiers would mess up the entire schedule. Does anybody know the format of games regarding extradite. As the entire country is looking at August Bank holiday to the real beginning of the 2009 c/ship, wouldnt it be ironic if that weekends games are foulded up due to poor fixture oversight. also for the supporters involved trying to plan ahead.

So, that's the schedule screwed then after Ross/Wexford today. No way they can now play all four quarters August Bank Holiday weekend now unless they play a mid week qualifier. Its a balls if youre trying to Ryanair your way back to Ireland for a quarter final match or a Round 4 qualifier, you won't know until quite late what weekend its on and then the flights will cost a fortune. There was no reason why they couldn't have had all the qualifier games a week earlier to leave a buffer week for replays.

Guys, as they say you cant make this s*it up.

I have drawn up a list of scenarios that may now occur.

1. A provincial champion could now have to wait 5 weeks (Cork) or 4 weeks (Dublin or Kildare) for their next game.

2. If the team that plays Wexford/Roscommon results in a draw , add one week to the above

3. if 2 should happen, then the teams involved in 1. would have to play a semi-final week after q/final, assuing there is no draw in q/final

4. Croke Park last week put tickets on sale for q/finals semi-final, it is now apparent that all 4 q/finals cannot take place on August Bank Holiday weekend. Pity the poor peolple who are set to go on holidays the week after and their team not being involved on august 1,2, or 3.

5. As for the teams, well the last eight teams that ultimately plays the winner of the winner of the wexford/roscommon/ whoever game will now have to wait  until July 26th to find out if they are playing the week after of two weeks later.

6. the club c/ships of the teams involved in 5 above, will in all likelihood be totally screwed up.

7. what about the unfortunate fans from abroad, who have already booked their tickets for the August bank holiday weekend to watch their team, and for the ones travelling who have not booked will most likely get fuc*ed on airline tickets because the cannot book their tickets until the July 26 q/final draw.

8. you will now get qualifier teams complaining that they have had to play four/five weeks in a row, and that some teams have had a week off, .ie. the team that is drawn to play wexfor/roscommon.

If i were the C.E.O. of croke park, multiple heads would roll come Monday morning, what a black eye , you know the press will have a field day with this. e.g you can to plan to see u2 in croke park but not your own county. The clowns who decided the qualifiers should not find a winner on the first fixture, should be shown no mercy.

All due respect to Wexford and Roscommon, but I doubt if there were more than 2,000 at the game in wexford, there may be 3,000 at the game next week, my guess is the rossies are still sick after the mayo game. This c**k-up has now potentially thrown the football over the next month into disarray

joemamas

Guys, as they say you cant make this s*it up.

I have drawn up a list of scenarios that may now occur.

1. A provincial champion could now have to wait 5 weeks (Cork) or 4 weeks (Dublin or Kildare) for their next game.

2. If the team that plays Wexford/Roscommon results in a draw , add one week to the above

3. if 2 should happen, then the teams involved in 1. would have to play a semi-final week after q/final, assuing there is no draw in q/final

4. Croke Park last week put tickets on sale for q/finals semi-final, it is now apparent that all 4 q/finals cannot take place on August Bank Holiday weekend. Pity the poor peolple who are set to go on holidays the week after and their team not being involved on august 1,2, or 3.

5. As for the teams, well the last eight teams that ultimately plays the winner of the winner of the wexford/roscommon/ whoever game will now have to wait  until July 26th to find out if they are playing the week after of two weeks later.

6. the club c/ships of the teams involved in 5 above, will in all likelihood be totally screwed up.

7. what about the unfortunate fans from abroad, who have already booked their tickets for the August bank holiday weekend to watch their team, and for the ones travelling who have not booked will most likely get f***ed on airline tickets because the cannot book their tickets until the July 26 q/final draw.

8. you will now get qualifier teams complaining that they have had to play four/five weeks in a row, and that some teams have had a week off, .ie. the team that is drawn to play wexfor/roscommon.

If i were the C.E.O. of croke park, multiple heads would roll come Monday morning, what a black eye , you know the press will have a field day with this. e.g you can to plan to see u2 in croke park but not your own county. The clowns who decided the qualifiers should not find a winner on the first fixture, should be shown no mercy.

All due respect to Wexford and Roscommon, but I doubt if there were more than 2,000 at the game in wexford, there may be 3,000 at the game next week, my guess is the rossies are still sick after the mayo game. This c**k-up has now potentially thrown the football over the next month into disarray

Fear ón Srath Bán

'Tis shambolic all right - is there a chance that Wexford vs Roscommon will be (re)played mid-week, this week?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...