Cill Dara v Uíbh Fhailí - 17/6/12

Started by Donnellys Hollow, June 06, 2012, 06:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Kildare 1/10
Draw 12/1
Offaly 7/1

I can't recall when Kildare were as short a price for a Leinster Championship match. I don't think we were that short even when we played Carlow as reigning Leinster champions back in 2001.

Injuries are beginning to mount after a good run through the league. Callaghan had his operation in the States this week and is definitely out. Bolton, Lyons, Flynn, Chalky and Johnny are all carrying knocks but all should be ok come Sunday week. I'd say there'll only be one personnel change from the Tyrone match with Flynn replacing Leper and Mick Foley moving back to the edge of the square. McGeeney can often come out with an unexpected selection but apart from maybe Smith under pressure from young Fogarty it's hard to see many other changes. Is McNamee back for Offaly?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

I'll get the comments in early. Leinster football is shite. Look at all the handpassing in that match and at several stages there were 12 Kildare players back in their own half. How many Offaly footballers playing (insert date) could complete a successful foot pass? The level of pulling and dragging is much higher than it was in the Munster championship of the 1980s. The Kildare players are gym monkeys and they are nowhere near Kerry. 

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Jinxy

Hope Offaly lower the blade for this one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lone Shark

Quote from: Jinxy on June 06, 2012, 09:42:09 PM
Hope Offaly lower the blade for this one.

I don't think this particularly crew even have a blade.

PAULD123

Lots of complaints about hand passing in all counties not just Leinster. However I think the open hand pass is an abomination. In the Down Fermanagh match there was at least half a dozen perfectly legal hand passes in front of me that were nothing but glorified throws.

I think the open hand pass should be outlawed and only a closed fist allowed to hand pass the ball.

What do other's think?

Kildare will hand pass a high number of balls this weekend and no doubt there will be many people complaining about it on Monday

thejuice

For the good of football, all of Ireland hopes Offaly win this with their attractive traditional football over the pukey handpassing gym monkeys.

Not only that but traditional manly haircuts against the Lilly white salon monkeys
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mup

Quote from: thejuice on June 07, 2012, 10:10:33 AM
For the good of football, all of Ireland hopes Offaly win this with their attractive traditional football over the pukey handpassing gym monkeys.

Not only that but traditional manly haircuts against the Lilly white salon monkeys

I dont think anyone in Kildare cares what all of Ireland hopes for. Especially a Meathman whose stomach is churining at the possibility of meeting Kildare in the semi. McHugh was right ye are gone a bit soft.

seafoid

Agreed. The Eucharistic Congress fully supports the cause of the pasty ones in the war against tanned gym toned hand passing narcissism.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thejuice

Ah Mup, I can't believe you are writing off Carlow like that.

Typical Kildare arrogant monkeys.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

mup

Quote from: thejuice on June 07, 2012, 11:34:08 AM
Ah Mup, I can't believe you are writing off Carlow like that.

Typical Kildare arrogant monkeys.

Speaking of monkeys...the key word is possibility. Did you not that word? Then again ye didnt see Ollie Roadrunner Lyons when he cut through the Meath defence to score the winning point a few short months ago which was the catalyst for Meaths journey to Div 3.

Went off on a tangent there.

thejuice

mup

Donnellys Hollow

Salon monkeys? Ah here. Sure most of our lads are bald!

Sure didn't Offaly give us Ger Oakley's glorious pony tail and not to mention Roy Malone's Oasis barnet back in 1997. Even the Kildare full-forward with the flowing blonde locks is half a Biffo.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Ohtoohtobe

Offaly will probably have a Laois man operating centre forward.

Therefore I suspect that all of Ireland will be hoping we destroy them because people are very touchy about the GAA ethos and don't like it when players transfer. 

I myself am worried that this Dunne business is a watershed moment and could lead to the ruination of the association.