The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

So, United away in the cup today.

Hope Liverpool are up for this. They were very flat when they went to OT for the league last year when everyone thought they'd batter United and ended up with a deserved loss.

Don't expect United to park the bus though like they did at Anfield, so should be a more open game.

I'd prefer the three points in next month's league game, but it obviously doesn't work that way! That said, I'd still be a win herd as bonus territory. Don't care how average United are, it usually doesn't matter in these games, especially away from home. It's all on the line here for United, so I expect a ferocious response from them.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

I was young at the time and thought they looked very stylish!

To be fair to them, no one really said much about it until Ferguson's autobiography came out a few years later and he had a go at them.

J70

Great last ten from Liverpool in that half.

I'd be a wee bit upset with Fernandes on the second goal. Weak as f**k.

From the Bunker

Quote from: J70 on March 17, 2024, 04:23:39 PMGreat last ten from Liverpool in that half.

I'd be a wee bit upset with Fernandes on the second goal. Weak as f**k.

Yeah, Fernandez looking for the Ref to get him out of Jail for being weak on the ball.
Got a Yellow to top it off for decent.

Souness/Keane have been hash on United, they had Liverpool on the rack for large periods of that half.
The Blitzkrieg of the last 15 minutes has set us up well.

J70

Liverpool should have this game out to bed. Could regret not killing them off.

J70

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

No complaints about United winning that. Arrogant performance from Liverpool. Absolutely bossing the game but way too casual up front and then giving away two ludicrous goals near the end of extra time.

markl121

jcpen

Great game,Man United wanted it more, played like it was a Cup Final for them. Man United's FA Cup to lose now surely after winning that so dramatically, name on the trophy type win.
Liverpool probably be happier with 3 points in a few weeks.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Captain Obvious

FA cup was Liverpool's to lose and that cup tie in normal time and extra time was Liverpools to lose.

Klopp will have to settle for three trophies on his send off now. league cup won, Europa league low hanging fruit and the win remaining league games and the Premier league title will be won.