2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Granted. That said, it is not unhealthy to expect a certain level of performance, and that applies to the team and supporters alike. In my experience, if you expect nothing, you generally get nothing, and we certainly should not feel that way about Division 3. If we had folk on here saying we should be in Division 1, then that would be a very different matter. There isn't though

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Jd on March 20, 2019, 03:28:29 AM
Are Offaly not on 5 pts and Carlow on 3 with Offaly willing in Carlow meaning they have a better head to head and will stay up no matter what ?? I think Laois will go up with a shock for Westmeath in Longford (I hope)

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/03/20/explained-how-the-laois-senior-footballers-can-reach-the-division-3-final/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Highly unfair that if Down beat Louth, we beat Carlow and Westmeath beat Longford, you then have a back game where Westmeath play a Louth team with nothing to play for and a Westmeath win would edge us out of the promotion spot.

les Antiques

Just about to say that . Highly flawed scenario although hardly surprising. 
Revenge , payback etc all words in the Carlow vocabulary this week from players and fans alike . A win for Laois Sunday would really put them back in there box once and for all.
Any word on JOl availability this Sunday after his withdrawal last Saturday. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Don Draper

Jesus Christ, we beat Carlow three times last year. They're in their box. They can go on about revenge all they like, but if they do, they're clowns, because you can be sure they tried that last year too. In any theory of game, if you play someone enough times, one team, no matter how bad, will eventually win. I'm sure that could happen. But we never feared Carlow, and we never f**king will.

BTW SCFC is right, the way the league is working out is a w**k, and Laois should object to any outcome that leaves a team playing with nothing to play for. The GAA fucked us over on the training weekend, we should fire one back. I'll ride Junior to the gates of Croke Park if I have to, whos with me?

Giovanni

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on March 21, 2019, 01:10:27 PM
Very few, I'd say.
Saddle up, for we go to war in the morrow. I am the sword in the darkness.

Tony

Can't force amateurs to play during the week though can we. Both teams were asked to play on Monday but too many work committments. It is what it is, these things happen in amateur sport. I get it. All we can do is beat Carlow and let it work itself out with the other game. What alternative to the GAA have? Play it tomorrow?

SCFC

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2019, 01:23:30 PM
Can't force amateurs to play during the week though can we. Both teams were asked to play on Monday but too many work committments. It is what it is, these things happen in amateur sport. I get it. All we can do is beat Carlow and let it work itself out with the other game. What alternative to the GAA have? Play it tomorrow?
Why can't they play during the week? Every last one of the Louth and Westmeath panel would have trained Tuesday night. It's completely shafting us if the scenario I described above comes to pass.

Nameless

It isn't right but now we just have to beat Carlow and hope Longford do us a favour. It makes no sense, it should have been played last night. The league final is due to be played on Saturday week. Nothing can be done now I suppose.
We know how Carlow are going to play, we will need to be patient at times and hopefully, we can get enough scores to get us over the line. Will be interesting to see the team selected with our next competitive game a few months away.

Tony

Quote from: SCFC on March 21, 2019, 04:10:21 PM
Why can't they play during the week? Every last one of the Louth and Westmeath panel would have trained Tuesday night. It's completely shafting us if the scenario I described above comes to pass.
Don't be daft mate, it's staring at you in the face. Training in your OWN county for 90 minutes on a tuesday night is a WORLD apart from having a competitive match in ANOTHER COUNTY. All the squad would need to take most of the day off, between getting the bus there on time, preparing for the match and having the match itself and getting home. Get real. These lads might be from a different county but we'll completely run GAA players off if we start having short notice mid week games. If these lads were pros, then yes of course it'd make sense. But we have to think of these lads livlihood, too.

The Boy Wonder

At the moment 5 teams are still in contention for promotion - Down, Westmeath, Laois, Louth, Longford.
Any of the above including Down could lose out depending how results pan out.
For example you could have a situation after next Sunday (and before Louth-Westmeath) where it's Down 10, Laois 9, Westmeath 8, Longford 8, Louth 8.

It's not right that the CCCC are allowing Round 7 games to be played before the postponed Louth-Westmeath game.
If all favourites win next Sunday then Down will be promoted and will be joined later by Westmeath who should win a game then meaningless for Louth.

It's galling to think that if Laois had played Louth at home and won they would have been in a position to secure promotion next Sunday.
And the Dubs got away without punishment because their trip to Normandy was to see the WWII beaches !

SCFC

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2019, 05:39:41 PM
Don't be daft mate, it's staring at you in the face. Training in your OWN county for 90 minutes on a tuesday night is a WORLD apart from having a competitive match in ANOTHER COUNTY. All the squad would need to take most of the day off, between getting the bus there on time, preparing for the match and having the match itself and getting home. Get real. These lads might be from a different county but we'll completely run GAA players off if we start having short notice mid week games. If these lads were pros, then yes of course it'd make sense. But we have to think of these lads livlihood, too.
Firstly, less of the "mate" crap.
Secondly, using capital letters doesn't add to your argument. No need.

Don Draper

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2019, 05:39:41 PM
Both counties played midweek O'Byrne Cup games in recent years. Don't be over dramatic.

Tony

Don't be over dramatic? If I had a midweek game and had to take the day off to travel to another county and didn't give proper notice to my employer, I'd be sacked soon enough. I don't know what planet yee are from. Do you honestly think that a panel of 30+ players would all magically be able to get the day off, just to satisfy yee lads, while yee make no such compromise or sacrifice?! Get real, seriously. Talk about entitled  ;D  ;)