Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on June 21, 2019, 10:09:36 PM
Lovely, enjoy it and look around you, no point chewing the handlebar on a spin like that! Careful on the way down too.

Cheers, watch out for the Strava...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

oakleaflad

Mark Cavendish left out of Team Dimension Data's squad for the Tour de France. You'd say he probably won't match Merckx's stage win record now.

markl121

Gutted for cav but I do think he's finished. Anyone go to the Irish championships in Derry at the weekend? Thoroughly enjoyable I must say. Sammy bennet is fantastic

grounded

Great drama and great stage today. Cicconne looked devastated not winning the stage but made up for it with getting the yellow jersey.
        Thomas looked strong at the finish with Bardet probably out of the reckoning.

bennydorano

Good stage today alrite, hopefully get watching a bit more live racing over the BH weekend.

Don't wanna scud my interest but happy to be on Pinot ew at 16/1, he looks in great nick, see him into 8/1 on skybet.

markl121

I did Alaphilippe at 150/1, down to 22/1 now. Still unlikely but I can hope

maddog

Quote from: markl121 on July 12, 2019, 12:39:23 AM
I did Alaphilippe at 150/1, down to 22/1 now. Still unlikely but I can hope

Alaphilippe did well yesterday being able to attack off the front of that group. Thomas looked well in control.
Bardet had a nightmare but i've seen him do that before and come back strong later in race. It will kick off next Thursday when the final summit is followed by a 30km descent and Saturday/Sunday are huge days in the Pyrenees. TT on the Friday is short at 27km so don't think there will be a massive disadvantage to the climbers. Should suit Thomas very well though. Sagan has some nice opportunities in between now and then.

maddog

Huge test today especially for Alaphilippe. Let's see if a real contender.

bennydorano

Fantastic stage today, Pinot looking in awesome nick, pity about the nightmare crosswind  day :-\ :( Allaphilippe looked so comfortable today he surely can win it but I'd still expect him to have a bad day somewhere. He'll be getting puked with doping questions now. Bad day for Thomas. Another big day 2moro

grounded

Most open tour i can remember. Pinot's time loss in those cross winds could be very costly.

Hound

Quote from: grounded on July 21, 2019, 09:59:19 PM
Most open tour i can remember. Pinot's time loss in those cross winds could be very costly.
What happened with the cross winds that Pinot lost time and other contenders didn't?

maddog

Quote from: Hound on July 22, 2019, 09:52:14 AM
Quote from: grounded on July 21, 2019, 09:59:19 PM
What happened with the cross winds that Pinot lost time and other contenders didn't?

He just got caught out. When the echelons form in a cross wind it usually breaks the peleton up into maybe 4 or 5 groups. If you are caught in the wrong one it is very difficult to bridge the gap up to the front.

oakleaflad

Last couple of stages have been great viewing. Alaphilippe has to be taken seriously as a GC contender. It really is wide open.

JimStynes

Just after catching up on the last few days. They're blatantly back on the gear again aren't they!

illdecide

Thibaut Pinot done the Tourmalet in 51.13...i done it 2 weeks previous to that and my time was 1:59:53...Unreal. Them guys are machines
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch