Laois Senior Hurlers 2024

Started by mcwregor, November 26, 2023, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcwregor

That's positive, we need find a way to stop the big teams from running up huge scores like galway did a couple of weeks ago.

Who played well for laois?

redsetanta

Game against Down this weekend. Nothing much to learn from it as we should beat them handy enough. Will management go with 'best' 15 or will panel players start?
The tougher league games will come later. 
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laoisred

I don't think Down will be too bad. Lost 4 games in the league last year but only lost to Offaly by 3 and Kerry by 1. I'm not sure what their prep has been like this year and I understand that Trevor Fletcher joined their backroom recently enough. Laois should win but wouldn't totally dismiss Down. Often the so-called inferior teams do well in the early stages of the league (when pitches are heaviest and especially if they have a good block done pre-Christmas and some games played after it) and do less well later in the year.

Galtee1

Hearing of discontent within the squad. Some hearsay around the county that Mahers new addition to the management team walked from the setup in the last few weeks.
Any truth to this?

les Antiques

Quote from: Galtee1 on March 05, 2024, 03:46:49 PMHearing of discontent within the squad. Some hearsay around the county that Mahers new addition to the management team walked from the setup in the last few weeks.
Any truth to this?

All good in the camp . Situation being overblown. 

G@@

Quote from: les Antiques on March 06, 2024, 05:25:37 PM
Quote from: Galtee1 on March 05, 2024, 03:46:49 PMHearing of discontent within the squad. Some hearsay around the county that Mahers new addition to the management team walked from the setup in the last few weeks.
Any truth to this?
All good in the camp . Situation being overblown. 
Hope so, the last thing we need now is behind the scenes distractions. We really need to win JMD this year, otherwise Offaly will be overtaking us again.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Laois man

Won't be easy win the JMD offaly and westmeath are ahead of us  the way we are hurling at the moment.

Zooming around

Quote from: Laois man on March 06, 2024, 09:28:14 PMWon't be easy win the JMD offaly and westmeath are ahead of us  the way we are hurling at the moment.

I'd have faith we will give them a rattle. We need to get some of the absent lads back asap though.

redsetanta

Offaly and Westmeath have both put in good performances. We've struggled to be honest.

Not sure that we've improved on last year based on our league performances.

If Maher has put all his eggs into the 'peaking' at the right time basket we'd really need to hit the ground running in championship. With Westmeath the last game, up in Mullingar, we really need to be beating Offaly on April 21st in O'Moore Park
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Zooming around

Team v Meath

1. Enda Rowland
2. Ian Shanahan
3. Liam O'Connell
4. Diarmuid Conway
5. Ryan Mullaney
6. Podge Delaney
7. Tom Cuddy
8. Aidan Corby
9. Paddy Purcell
10 Martin Phelan