The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

So the main witness says she didn't think she witnessed a rape...could be crucial

Syferus

Quote from: general_lee on February 13, 2018, 03:15:21 PM
So the main witness says she didn't think she witnessed a rape...could be crucial

This is not news.

I see Jackson denied a threesome taking place to the witness' friend the morning after. He is now claiming Olding was in the room. The witness also saw Jackson thrusting into her - digital penetration my arse.

Lying since square one.

AZOffaly

Quote from: WT4E on February 13, 2018, 03:10:24 PM
I'm still not sure to be honest but is Jackson not saying they didn't have penetrative sex and this witness is saying she saw him thrusting into her?

No, the first quote is from the victim. She is denying what Jackson says. The witness said she couldn't see into the room, but her friend said she saw a threesome.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on February 13, 2018, 03:16:10 PM

This is not news.

I see Jackson denied a threesome taking place to the witness' friend the morning after. He is now claiming Olding was in the room. Lying since square one.

Lads, are ye misreading something, or am I missing something? What I've seen is a witness saying she DIDN'T see into the room, but her friend said she saw a threesome. I don't think this is the witness who is supposed to have seen everything and the girl looked away from.

haranguerer

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 13, 2018, 02:49:24 PM
Most of what is reported are direct transcripts of what was said which wouldn't seem to leave much room for inaccuracy or interpretation though obviously we're not told every word that was said either.

I thought the underwear being shown to the court was under-reported. I only saw it on Frank Greaney's twitter feed. Can't see any justification for it. Humiliating and irrelevant , assuming it's true of course.

It seems we're all just seeing snippets, and everyone is joining the dots in their own manner. From what I saw one of the barristers was making the case that the bleeding was prior to the events in the house, and also that contrary to a claim the girl had made earlier that she wasn't wearing fake tan, there was fake tan on her clothes, this was the relevance of her clothes being shown.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2018, 03:18:34 PM
I'm still not sure to be honest but is Jackson not saying they didn't have penetrative sex and this witness is saying she saw him thrusting into her?

No, the first quote is from the victim. She is denying what Jackson says. The witness said she couldn't see into the room, but her friend said she saw a threesome.

You're getting confused. The friend of the witness who stayed the night at Jackson's and the witness have both been called to the stand today.

haranguerer

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2018, 03:20:01 PM

This is not news.

I see Jackson denied a threesome taking place to the witness' friend the morning after. He is now claiming Olding was in the room. Lying since square one.

Lads, are ye misreading something, or am I missing something? What I've seen is a witness saying she DIDN'T see into the room, but her friend said she saw a threesome. I don't think this is the witness who is supposed to have seen everything and the girl looked away from.

Aye, you're missing the second witness, the friend referred to in your snippet. At the end of the day, its clear none of us have a clue whats going on - no different to any other subject we all discuss on here I suppose....

Jim_Murphy_74

This is not news.

I see Jackson denied a threesome taking place to the witness' friend the morning after. He is now claiming Olding was in the room. The witness also saw Jackson thrusting into her - digital penetration my arse.

Lying since square one.

I see on twitter a lot jumping on the fact that she didn't think it was rape.  However, I agree that the fact that she has contradicted Jackson's evidence is much more significant.  She is very specific in that she saw "thrusting".  The first issue is open to interpretation the second is not.

/Jim.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on February 13, 2018, 03:21:20 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2018, 03:18:34 PM

You're getting confused. The friend of the witness who stayed the night at Jackson's and the witness have both been called to the stand today.

OK, that was a third girl I think. This is the report I read..

A young woman who attended an afterparty at Paddy Jackson's home said the rugby star "shook his head" and denied taking part in a threesome the morning after the incident.

The woman went back to Jackson's Oakleigh Park home in south Belfast in the early hours of Tuesday June 28, 2016 with two friends.

After having too much to drink, the woman stayed in an upstairs room in Jackson's home while her two friends left in a taxi around 4.25am.

She said she woke up on a sofa the next morning with Stuart Olding lying beside her, and after retrieving her phone, she called one of her friends who had also been at the party.

When asked about the conversation she had with her friend that morning, the woman said her friend told her she had walked into a bedroom and saw people having sex.

Giving evidence at Belfast Crown Court, the woman said her friend said she walked in on a threesome and that she closed the door. She also said her friend told her this in a "jokey manner".

She said she told Jackson that morning about what her friend told her about a threesome. And when asked how Jackson reacted, she said: "He just shook his head and just said 'no, that didn't happen'.

"I thought he knew what I was talking about, but because he shook his head, I didn't pursue it any further."

She said that after vomiting at the party, she went to bed. She also confirmed that nothing physical occurred between herself and Olding, as she didn't know he was lying beside her until she woke up at around 9am.

When asked about the party she attended, she described it as "all quite innocent fun". Telling the court she had never met the woman who also attended the party and who claimed she was raped that night by Jackson and Olding, she described her as "quite nice... quiet."

Also giving evidence earlier in the day was another young woman who attended the party with her two friends.

This witness said she went upstairs with a third woman to look for their friend so they could all go home.

She said that as she and her friend were walking up the stairs to look for their other friend "we could hear some type of noises coming from a room." She said her friend opened the door then closed it again after a few seconds.

When asked what her friend saw in the bedroom, the witness said "she said in a joking way "Oh my God, I have just seen a threesome."'

When asked to elaborate, she said her friend told her it involved Jackson, Olding and the woman at the centre of the claims. The witness added: "She (her friend) said Paddy had joked about joining in."

When she was asked by Jackson's barrister, Brendan Kelly QC, that when they went back down the stairs "did you have any concern as to what was going on in that bedroom?", the woman replied "no".

She was also asked about leaving her friend in the house overnight. She said that after looking for their friend, the two women went back downstairs and called a taxi.

She was asked if they had "any concern" about leaving their friend in the house, to which she replied: "No, we felt safe the whole time". And when asked if she "feared" for her friend's safety, she said "no, definitely not".

AZOffaly

Neither of those two girls are the 'witness'. One of them only was told about the threesome the next morning, and the other wasn't able to see into the room, but her friend said she'd seen a threesome.

Has the third girl been called?

haranguerer

Orchard park

as i read the reports also

AZOffaly

Sorry haranguerer. I'm just going by what I saw in the paper. Where is the reporting of the third girl's testimony? Usually the independent are all over this.

haranguerer

;D

Sorry - its confusing aright. Frank Greaney on twitter has live updates. Being twitter theres not much detail, but headline points from each testimony

https://twitter.com/FrankGreaney?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

AZOffaly

That doesn't read well for the girl.