Mayo v Kildare Unofficial Official Thread

Started by Barney, March 24, 2008, 10:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davitt Man

Pat Kelly is back in the sqaud and were looking for a full back, remember he played full back for the mayo minors back in 99 when they got to the all-ireland final!! I wonder would johnno try him there. I cant see it myself though.

RedandGreenSniper

Pat Kelly was also spent a bit of time in the full-back line that got ravaged by Kerry in '04 so doubt the position would have fond memories for him. But I'd think he'd be a better option than BJP or Kieran Conroy . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

OirthearMhaigheo

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on March 31, 2008, 11:30:44 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 31, 2008, 11:14:59 AM

I think Heaney is a totally committed player and still has a lot to offer, but shooting doesn't come naturally to him.

Like Gardiner, he should leave scoring to those who can do it better.

Would you not think that scores are tricky enough come by without discouraging fellas like Gardiner and Heaney coming up when they get a chance? Seán Óg de Paor's point per game never did Galway any harm.

That's fair enough if you're comparing like with like but Gardiner and Heaney can't take a point like De Paor could, they are usually in the way when they come up from the backs and sometimes they should even be booked for time-wasting with some of their efforts! I don't know about Pat Kelly for full-back either, he was very average there for the minors and seems to be an out and out half-back now. He will provide good cover there and might even be an option some days. I thought they could have given alot more lads a run yesterday too, what was the point in bringing Barry Moran on for 2 minutes? The team is getting a settled look to it though, apart from the full back line (what else is new!)

Farrandeelin

I was listening to MWR yesterday and while it was great to win so comfortably in the end I kept thinking every now and then about next week's game. Kildare seemed piss poor on the radio but maybe Mayo made them look piss poor. There might be a nice team developing as we (Mayo) are very hard beaten in all games. Next week will tell a tale as Galway were very good against Derry. I cannot help but think our fullback line will have it tough against Meehan et al.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

laoisgaa

I don't think Kildare were bad it was just that Mayo were good but still the Westerners were suspect in a couple of quarters including Heaney. T'was gas that Carney was calling for subs from about 10 minutes into second half and nothing happened until injury time was almost upon us.

I was trying to gauge it but any idea what sort of Mayo crowd travelled - it seemed to be a pretty balanced crowd from my viewpoint - also can anyone shed any light on the car spaces marked around the pitch - is St. Conleth's Park used as a carpark midweek?

highorlow

Quotealso can anyone shed any light on the car spaces marked around the pitch - is St. Conleth's Park used as a carpark midweek?

I got so bored during the game that i noticed that also. They appear to be reserved places. Maybe Geezer managed to get the GPA players free carparking in Newbridge so the WAGS can do thier mid-week shopping or they could be a legacy of the Micko era and were reserved for his cars ?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ludermor

Quote from: highorlow on March 31, 2008, 01:54:21 PM
Quotealso can anyone shed any light on the car spaces marked around the pitch - is St. Conleth's Park used as a carpark midweek?

I got so bored during the game that i noticed that also. They appear to be reserved places. Maybe Geezer managed to get the GPA players free carparking in Newbridge so the WAGS can do thier mid-week shopping or they could be a legacy of the Micko era and were reserved for his cars ?
how many spaces would that take up ?

highorlow

Quotehow many spaces would that take up ?         

I forgot, the poor souls probably can't afford the weekly shop!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

laoisgaa

Spaces wise I was gauging 35 on the longer sides of pitch - reckon the guts of 100 or so - I was told this afternoon Kildare County Board rent them out for 3Euro a day so that's a nice tidy profit of 1500Euro evey week - not bad if you can get it!