Gerry Adams "had Jean McConville disappeared"

Started by Minder, March 28, 2010, 02:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

t_mac

Quote from: Itchy on October 18, 2019, 01:32:52 PM
The person interviewed on the Boston Tapes said that Jean McConville was an informer. The same person said Adams ordered her execution. So its either OK to put both in the public domain or neither of them.

Must be 100% true then!

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 01:18:14 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 12:58:04 PM
Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 12:24:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 12:08:57 PM
Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 11:58:16 AM
If you are so confident in your own views and can substantiate them post them under your own name and include some contact details, ill post the link on twitter https://twitter.com/search/jean+mcconville or you can post them yourself.

More stonewalling and deflecting.

You want me to publish my identity and you want to remain anonymous?

I am not the one throwing around unproven accusations about a mother who was murdered and insulting her memory and that of her family, 10 children who went through an ordeal one could never comprehend, but you carry on posting these scurrilous accusations under the cloud of anonymity.

I'm not throwing around accusations. I'm just basing my views on what is in the public domain and stating it as such.

All you've done is come on here and try and obfuscate any discussion on the matter. If you have nothing to add them why don't you toddle on? What is your own view?

Under an anonymous name, base them under your own name on the twitter account I referenced.

Why don't you base your opinion and views under your own name? I'm not making any revelations, I'm merely commenting on information widely available in print media and online publications. You seem to be unable to understand the nuances of that.

This is an online discussion board. It is a thread on the murder of Jean McConville. There is nothing libellous, groundbreaking or insulting in what has been said. You would seem to be in the habit of coming on threads slabbering and then running away when you're asked to elaborate or substantiate.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 02:06:27 PM
The person interviewed on the Boston Tapes said that Jean McConville was an informer. The same person said Adams ordered her execution. So its either OK to put both in the public domain or neither of them.

Must be 100% true then!

I would say it's very credible, multiple sources with little differences in their accounts and seems to stand up to robust scrutiny.

The Brits could make things a lot easier by releasing their files. For some reason they are holding back on the Divis files when most of the rest have been made available, the McConvilles don't seem to be pushing too hard on this. I think you have to question that.

screenexile

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 02:18:35 PM

Must be 100% true then!

I would say it's very credible, multiple sources with little differences in their accounts and seems to stand up to robust scrutiny.

The Brits could make things a lot easier by releasing their files. For some reason they are holding back on the Divis files when most of the rest have been made available, the McConvilles don't seem to be pushing too hard on this. I think you have to question that.

Except academic scrutiny as the Boston Tapes are now being used as an exercise in how not to conduct an oral history.

Also judicial scrutiny when a judge says the tapes are completely inadmissible in court.

But apart from that yeah it's pretty credible  ::) ::) Did you not say something about being smart??!

Angelo

Quote from: screenexile on October 18, 2019, 03:31:36 PM

Must be 100% true then!

Except academic scrutiny as the Boston Tapes are now being used as an exercise in how not to conduct an oral history.

Also judicial scrutiny when a judge says the tapes are completely inadmissible in court.

But apart from that yeah it's pretty credible  ::) ::) Did you not say something about being smart??!

What are you blathering on about?

The accounts that Price and Hughes gave corroborate each other, the equipment Hughes says was located at McConville's apartment fit in with the type of equipment used by British intelligence at that time. The British government have refused to release files relating to the Divis Flats specifically at that time. The McConville family are applying little if any pressure to release this files which would certainly help their stance if their was nothing in them that suggests Jean McConville was an informer. That is the robust scrutiny their accounts of events stand up to.

They are consistent in their stories, they are accurate in the type of equipment used, they made admissions or knowledge of the murder and interrogation.

What part of their stories do you have an issue with? Don't be like the other coward and actually address the question.

tyrone08

Wasn't Jean eldest son in prison for being a member of inla when she was shot. It would be strange for her to be informing if her son was a member.

Regardless of if she was an informer it was disgusting what happened to her. They left 7 kids alone in an apartment to fend for themselves for weeks, the eldest was 15 years old. When they were eventually put into care homes the youngest lad was sexually assaulted by priests for years. Disgusting.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 03:47:25 PM

Must be 100% true then!

The accounts that Price and Hughes gave corroborate each other, the equipment Hughes says was located at McConville's apartment fit in with the type of equipment used by British intelligence at that time. The British government have refused to release files relating to the Divis Flats specifically at that time. The McConville family are applying little if any pressure to release this files which would certainly help their stance if their was nothing in them that suggests Jean McConville was an informer. That is the robust scrutiny their accounts of events stand up to.

They are consistent in their stories, they are accurate in the type of equipment used, they made admissions or knowledge of the murder and interrogation.

What part of their stories do you have an issue with? Don't be like the other coward and actually address the question.

Says the petulant child demonising a murdered woman and her family whom he knows nothing about except for hearsay, all under the guise of anonymity and he has the gall to call anyone a coward.  The tapes were inadmissible for a reason, you have no evidence she was a tout, and you are firing this term about in an effort to justify the fact she was murdered, you are a heinous, cowardly sc**bag of an individual.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on October 18, 2019, 04:13:06 PM
Wasn't Jean eldest son in prison for being a member of inla when she was shot. It would be strange for her to be informing if her son was a member.

Regardless of if she was an informer it was disgusting what happened to her. They left 7 kids alone in an apartment to fend for themselves for weeks, the eldest was 15 years old. When they were eventually put into care homes the youngest lad was sexually assaulted by priests for years. Disgusting.

What happened to McConville is generally what happens to informers in war times. Why the British would choose to exploit and endager a single mother of 10 in full knowledge of the consequences and threats is a higher question. It's sad what happened but it was a sign of a times. Bad things happen in wars, if you are informing you are aware of the dangers and from what is in the public domain, it is a very credible theory that Jean McConville was an informant. Michael's Collin's squad had little hesitation in killing suspected informers. That is the cruel reality of war.

There were worse atrocities in the troubles that didn't get justice or a glimmer of the spotlight for me.

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 18, 2019, 04:14:33 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 18, 2019, 03:47:25 PM

Must be 100% true then!

Says the petulant child demonising a murdered woman and her family whom he knows nothing about except for hearsay, all under the guise of anonymity and he has the gall to call anyone a coward.  The tapes were inadmissible for a reason, you have no evidence she was a tout, and you are firing this term about in an effort to justify the fact she was murdered, you are a heinous, cowardly sc**bag of an individual.

Loads of hot air and personal insults and zero substance and you have temerity to call me a petulant child.

There is plenty of substance and circumstances to support that Jean McConville was an informer. My own view is that with the information available and the accounts of Price and Hughes is that she was an informer. Price admitted to taking part in her murder.

I'm not justifying anything, I'm merely stating that there is more than a credible theory that she was an informer and that is why she was murdereed, right or wrong that's what happened informers.

Now maybe if you had the courage to engage your brain than resorting to pontificating, foul language and personal insults you might be to construct a coherent argument to support your views.

Itchy

Must be 100% true then!

No, I said you cant take bits out and say they are true and ignore other bits. But seems u are beyond reasoning.

Windmill abu

Quote from: Itchy on October 18, 2019, 05:57:59 PM
[quote author=Itchy link=topic=15832.msg1933111#msg1933111 date=1571401972]
[/b]

Must be 100% true then!

No, I said you cant take bits out and say they are true and ignore other bits. But seems u are beyond reasoning.
[/quote]

If people who told the truth, only told the truth and people who told lies only told lies., life would be a lot simpler.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Baile Brigín 2

Must be 100% true then!
Which bit? The bit you want to be true or the other bit you don't?

t_mac

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on October 21, 2019, 11:38:27 AM

Must be 100% true then!
Which bit? The bit you want to be true or the other bit you don't?

I would go with the proven bits, you go with what you want.