GAA gear prices 2 dear or reasonable (Jerseys, shorts, socks)

Started by RTEWW, November 23, 2007, 12:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTEWW

THE cost of GAA gear these days is unbelieveable. Jerseys costing £38 pound a go. Shorts costing £15 and if thats not enough now oneills have brought out new socks at £6 a go. what was wrong with the white soul ones which have been out for 40 years. ONEILLS are money grabbing f*** and the same goes for gaelic gear and azzurri. Kids looking jerseys for christmas i may get them retro jjerseys us cork rural men are die hards

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

gerry

QuoteYou get 3 years out a kit , quite cheap to be honest.

My kids getting great use out of them, easy washed and cleaned.

They have a range of county jerseys from all over 32 counties, you get better wear from them than a cheap top from Premark
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: RTEWW on November 23, 2007, 12:37:11 AM
THE cost of GAA gear these days is unbelieveable. Jerseys costing £38 pound a go. i may get them retro jjerseys us cork rural men are die hards

sure the retro ones  are 34 quid a go - ya silly hoor

Rois

the green man

Does anyone know how O'Neill's get away with using the 3 stripes? Surely this is trade marked by our german friends.

orangeman

We as consumers should all go on strike ! Is Donal Og out there - if he's not doing anything, could he organise one for us ?  :D

thejuice

They are a bit on the steep side but yeah, my GAA jerseys last a good long time. I had a 8 years old jersey that was in fine condition until i dontated to be hung on the wall in a pub in Chelmsford. They really are good quality.

Now that I think of it I have a fair amount of GAA jersies:

The New York one from 2004,
Kerry's blue away jersey.
Meaths last kepak Jersey, home and away,
the current Meath home jersey,
the boston police jersey,
Amaghs current home jersey
and I awaiting the delivery of a replica of my club jersey as well. 
Interation Rules Irish Jersey and shorts.
I also have Meath Tracksuit bottoms,
meath fleece top,
Meath Waterproof jacket,
Sleeveless Meath vest thing, (to show off my guns  :P)
meath bermuda shorts.
Meath hat
2 Meath polo shirts
And also the Meath 88' Retro jersey

all i need is a pair of Meath underwear and socks and i could be head to toe in meath
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

orangeman

Some sad individuals ( including myself  ;D ) on here !! Sleeveless vests ?

orangeman

AFS

Quote from: the green man on November 23, 2007, 09:23:36 AM
Does anyone know how O'Neill's get away with using the 3 stripes? Surely this is trade marked by our german friends.

Apparently O'Neills had the stripes first, but only trademarked them for Ireland. O'Neills and Adidas have an agreement where Adidas can sell their stuff in the South and O'Neills can sell theirs in the North.

the green man

Quote from: AFS on November 23, 2007, 03:06:05 PM
Quote from: the green man on November 23, 2007, 09:23:36 AM

Apparently O'Neills had the stripes first, but only trademarked them for Ireland. O'Neills and Adidas have an agreement where Adidas can sell their stuff in the South and O'Neills can sell theirs in the North.

Thanks for that

Louth Exile

I've a batter load of O'Neills gear myself, but unlike the juice I won't list them off, I do have the louth boxer shorts though  :D

I think O'Neills stuff is very good quality and apart from footwear I would rarely wear sportswear that wasn't O'Neills nowadays.

Amazing the difference in price of the same football boots! Was wandering around a SC last night, went into one shop where they had Addidas boots for €60, the exact same boots (I mean exact same, both made in Germany) were €120 in the lifestyle sports around the corner  :o Pays to look around.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

5 Sams

Very high quality stuff indeed. In fact one of the lads in our club is still wearing the 1991 "Kersten Hunik" jersey about the place...although I'm not sure if that is a statement on the quality of O'Neills gear or on how miserable the guy in question is. :D :D
The Aristocrat Years