Hurling Quarter Finals

Started by Lecale2, July 20, 2009, 11:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Are the Q/Fs Galway v Waterford & Limerick v Dublin both this weekend? Does anybody know where and when?

INDIANA

Both in Thurles on Sunday. Dublin v Limerick is at 2pm.

Lecale2

Thanks. I couldn't find the fixtures anywhere on line.

johnneycool

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2009, 02:24:55 PM
Both in Thurles on Sunday. Dublin v Limerick is at 2pm.

Are they both on the goggle box?

Lecale2

The fixtures are on GAA.ie now:

26.07.2009 (Sun)

GAA Hurling All Ireland Senior Championship
Quarter Final
Thurles 2.00pm Áth Cliath v Luimneach RTE2
Referee: TBC
(E.T. if Necessary)

Thurles 4.00pm Port Láirge v Gaillimh RTE2
Referee: TBC
(E.T. if Necessary)

Eoghan Mag

I think these are both quite even looking matches on paper. I just can't see too many runaway victories at this stage.

EddieMerx

I have a fancy that Dublin could ease past Limerick by 6 or 7 points

INDIANA

1 point will do Eddie. Can't wait for the weekend. Should be 2 good games.

johnneycool

i have a sneaking fancy for the dubs as Limerick have spluttered along to date and not reached the heights of 2007. Dublin impressed me against Kilkenny but now they go in as favourites (IMO) and that tag mightn'd sit too well on a young and coming team. This game will be the measure of their progress and Daly knows only a win will do as gloroius defeat isn't enough any more.

EddieMerx

After watching Limerick against Wexford I do not rate them at all, had it not been for the shocking conditions I think we would have beaten them. They are strong and physical but not really much hurling in them

mckieran

Dublin & galway to progress for me

johnneycool

from the examiner

Depending on the winners of next weekend's quarter-finals, the semi-final pairings will be as follows:

- If Dublin and Waterford win (both provincial runners-up), then the semi-finals are Kilkenny v Waterford and Tipperary v Dublin

- If Dublin and Galway win (Dublin are provincial runners-up), then the semi-finals are Kilkenny v Galway and Tipperary v Dublin

- If Limerick and Waterford win (Waterford are provincial runners-up), then the semi-finals are Kilkenny v Waterford and Tipperary v Limerick

- If Limerick and Galway win (both provincial runners-up are eliminated, Galway previously played Kilkenny), then the semi-finals are Kilkenny v Limerick and Tipperary v Galway.

Therefore, no matter what combination of results next Sunday, there is no necessity for a draw to determine the pairings.

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/sport/gaa-move-to-clarify-fixture-confusion-419541.html#ixzz0LtrwXETq

EddieMerx

- If Limerick and Galway win (both provincial runners-up are eliminated, Galway previously played Kilkenny), then the semi-finals are Kilkenny v Limerick and Tipperary v Galway

Can't see too many Tipp people hoping for this outcome

Silky

Should be two very close games on Sunday

If Galway get past Waterford (and I think they will) they can take Tipp. They won't beat Kilkenny in a S/F so they'll be hoping Limerick get by the Dubs. Limerick haven't played well yet but I still think they can beat Dublin on Sunday.

No matter what the combinations are for the semis you can't see past Kilkenny for a winner.

Lecale2

Are Dublin favorites at the bookies?