Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Would imagine Matic, Cavani, Bailly & Telles will start on Wednesday. Ole mustn't think too much of VDB, you'd think a player of his calibre would be a definite starter against a team in the bottom 3 but I'm not expecting him to start.

Getting back to Fernandes its clear United have an issue against the so called top 6, 1 goal from a pen against them this season shows there's a a team issue. I watched Neville talk last night about how Liverpool & City are constantly inching up the pitch when their opponents have the ball which is something United don't do, United just don't have enough possession in good areas to break these teams down.

I'm dubious whether United will have time to work on it training given the hectic schedule so think its likely we'll see a few more 0-0 in big games before the end of the season.

GJL

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 19, 2021, 02:40:18 PM
Would imagine Matic, Cavani, Bailly & Telles will start on Wednesday. Ole mustn't think too much of VDB, you'd think a player of his calibre would be a definite starter against a team in the bottom 3 but I'm not expecting him to start.

Getting back to Fernandes its clear United have an issue against the so called top 6, 1 goal from a pen against them this season shows there's a a team issue. I watched Neville talk last night about how Liverpool & City are constantly inching up the pitch when their opponents have the ball which is something United don't do, United just don't have enough possession in good areas to break these teams down.

I'm dubious whether United will have time to work on it training given the hectic schedule so think its likely we'll see a few more 0-0 in big games before the end of the season.

Win all the other games and keep the league opposition games to 0-0 will work for me!  ;D

nrico2006

Martial needs to be dropped for Cavani and I honestly don't know whats going on with VDB.  Telles has been a let-down too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thebigfella

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 19, 2021, 07:10:53 PM
Martial needs to be dropped for Cavani and I honestly don't know whats going on with VDB.  Telles has been a let-down too.

Telles have done exactly what was needed. Given shaw something to think about.

I would say VDB was bought a year early to stop someone else getting him and before Pogba is ejected. They need to recuperate some of the pogba money and that means he can't be sitting on the bench all season.

Cunny Funt

Martials form In the terms of scoring has dipped a lot from last season but his build/hold up play is still good and arguably the best of any United forward. The number 9 role is a tough one at United with the lack of service. No natural wingers or attacking full backs doesn't help.

Van De Beek reminds me of Fred who wasn't seeing much game time when first arrived to now a regular starter. Telles hasn't played enough games to draw judgement

I'd wonder how much United would be ahead in the table if Woodward  had delivered Ole's two priority signings in the summer? A centre back with good pace to allow the team push up and creative natural winger. It's business that could or should be done this month but Woodward won't with United top thinking every is fine

snoopdog

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 19, 2021, 07:53:25 PM

Martials form In the terms of scoring has dipped a lot from last season but his build/hold up play is still good and arguably the best of any United forward. The number 9 role is a tough one at United with the lack of service. No natural wingers or attacking full backs doesn't help.

Van De Beek reminds me of Fred who wasn't seeing much game time when first arrived to now a regular starter. Telles hasn't played enough games to draw judgement

I'd wonder how much United would be ahead in the table if Woodward  had delivered Ole's two priority signings in the summer? A centre back with good pace to allow the team push up and creative natural winger. It's business that could or should be done this month but Woodward won't with United top thinking every is fine
I honestly dont think Jason sancho  wouldve made a massive difference.I dont see what all the fuss is about. I'd spend that money and more for his team mate Haaland. We need a real finisher.

nrico2006

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 19, 2021, 07:53:25 PM

Cavani's hold up and link play is better than Martial's, plus he would score far more than Martial too. Martial just isn't good enough.

On Sancho, he would be a good signing but I would take Haaland over him too.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Boycey

Martial suits the way United want to play better than Cavani. Infuriatingly he never seems to break through to that next level despite threatening to on occasion. One chink.of hope is that he's at an age now where the likes of Salah, Mane and Firmino stepped up.

Cunny Funt

Cavani game is more about movement and is as good of a finisher as any striker in the league but any striker is only as good as the supply line.

United needed first choice winger, it was Woodward and his chief negotiator Matt Judge that chose to waste the summer on just Sancho. On Haaland for as good as he is do United want to deal another Mino Raiola player?

thebigfella

Dodged one on Sancho I reckon. No where near the quality for the valuation and looking like a full season without gates receipts etc... due to covid so I'd say luck rather than good business

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on January 19, 2021, 11:36:02 PM
Dodged one on Sancho I reckon. No where near the quality for the valuation and looking like a full season without gates receipts etc... due to covid so I'd say luck rather than good business

Yeah I've watched a number of games with him, average, Haaland though is top drawer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2021, 11:41:39 PM

Yeah I've watched a number of games with him, average, Haaland though is top drawer

Yep and I think Ole knew it too long before the rest. We all know the problem there and I'd say no point having him if it comes with that other parasite.

I'd be seeing what Diallo is like in the background before even contemplating a move for Sancho again; and at least 30 million below what Dortmund wanted.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: thebigfella on January 20, 2021, 11:40:25 AM

Yep and I think Ole knew it too long before the rest. We all know the problem there and I'd say no point having him if it comes with that other parasite.

I'd be seeing what Diallo is like in the background before even contemplating a move for Sancho again; and at least 30 million below what Dortmund wanted.

Dortmund seem to be trying to flog Sancho now judging by their latest comments

Maroon Manc

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 20, 2021, 12:03:34 PM

Haaland is something else, United were linked with him before he made the move to Salzburg and then again in summer 2019 after 6 months there. United have really slipped up not buying him long before he went to Dortmund. As for Sancho I think its going to depend in Diallo and I don't trust the owners; Ole wasn't backed anywhere near he should have been last summer and if United can finish top 4 with a bit to spare I'd have reservations whether they'll spend big this summer.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 20, 2021, 12:09:34 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 20, 2021, 12:03:34 PM

Haaland is something else, United were linked with him before he made the move to Salzburg and then again in summer 2019 after 6 months there. United have really slipped up not buying him long before he went to Dortmund. As for Sancho I think its going to depend in Diallo and I don't trust the owners; Ole wasn't backed anywhere near he should have been last summer and if United can finish top 4 with a bit to spare I'd have reservations whether they'll spend big this summer.

Would agree but if the rumours about Haaland only signing if a release clause was included are true, then Utd were completely right to avoid him. His agent is a complete parasite of the highest order