UEFA Charge Eduardo for Diving !

Started by Hoof Hearted, August 28, 2009, 12:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 29, 2009, 05:00:50 PM
All matches over now then....Must trawl through all the action to see if anyone tried to deceive the ref...But hey Man U play Arsenal soon...Why do you not just ban Fabregas now for feinting injury!! Wouldn't doubt it....Wonder if Eddy's playing today? It would probably need him to get tackled by Jonah Lo mu to get a pen today......Complete disgrace the press heaping all the pressure on the ref today!

Whatever makes you feel better. Some might suggest we'd have none of this nonsense if Eduardo hadn't dived, but that would be ridiculous

Over the Bar

Eduardo's shame hasn't eradicated the Arsenal Disease going by Eboue's antics.   Booked for diving and substituted immediately to compound his disgrace.

Dinny Breen

True they should get Rooney in to show them how a proper dive is done, a class diver
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

He has "previous" against Arsenal at Old Trafford in fairness when it comes to collapsing in the penalty box.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

WTF was Almunia doing way out there?

They should have bought Given :)

Hoof Hearted

did you see that p***k Robbie Savage tonight too. Got a tap on the shoulder and lay down as if killed. w**ker
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

The more you look at it, the more Almunia deserved to be cheated. You can see by Rooney's trailing leg that he was out to do him, and executed it brilliantly.

The Watcher Pat

The more i look at that the more furious i get!!!

He knew exactly what he was at...Cheat!!

If Eddy gets banned so does Rooney!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

gorm agus bui

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 30, 2009, 07:52:08 AM
The more i look at that the more furious i get!!!

He knew exactly what he was at...Cheat!!

If Eddy gets banned so does Rooney!
;) :-*

The Watcher Pat

Thats typical ure prob a UTD fan.....I tell you what if i was marking him I'd make sure it was a penalty.....and he wouldn't be picking himself to take it either.... :-* :-* :-*
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Put it like this - had that been Eduardo yesterday, MOTD would have slo-moed it, virtual reconstruction etc. Disappointed in Lee Dixon that he bought into the stonewall crap. Still more angry with Almunia though.

Dinny Breen

steve coppell made an asute observation this morning that all front line strikers are taught to ride the goalies tackle and go to ground to help prevent injury, they antcipate the contact and are taught to ride it and go to ground because if they have their feet planted they will get injured, he said the only difference betweeb Eduardo and Rooney was that Almunia didn't get his hands away.
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

Very recent events have cause me to ponder that maybe there is some substance in this 'things even up, over a season'  theory.
I don't know if the theory is supported by stats.
Certainly the theory has its followers.
In line with the 'things even up' theory,
a team could not possibly control where, when or how fast retribution would be exacted.
Arsenal trading a dive  to win a (superfluos) goal in a tie that they had all but secured
for the concession of a crucial soft/suspicious penalty in their very next game against the EPL champs.
It would be the stuff of absurd irony, wouldn't it?