Monaghan vs. Fermanagh - Saturday May 20th - Clones

Started by GrandMasterFlash, May 15, 2017, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Main Street on May 15, 2017, 11:17:09 PM
If you want plenty of chat then go and read today's Irish News article on
'Bin bags, spuds, scores and success - the story of Monaghan great, Nudie Hughes' 
http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2017/05/15/news/bin-bags-spuds-scores-and-success---the-story-of-monaghan-great-nudie-hughes-1025772/
I didn't know he was the 10th of 14 children.

There is some consolation with Darren Hughes' injury in that the damage done was at the lower end of the scale, nothing broken, not a full rupture and possibly just another 2 months out before testing the waters.

Is this game scheduled for BBC NI?
From the article :

"They're all great at running off the shoulder but you don't see one-on-ones as often now in Ulster because the ball goes back more times than it goes forward."

Jaysus
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

FermGael

Quote from: AQMP on May 19, 2017, 12:29:54 PM
Quote from: FermGael on May 18, 2017, 11:04:27 PM
Fermanagh team named .

Treacy,
Jones, Cullen, C McManus,
Breen, McCluskey, Murphy,
Donnelly, Cullen,
Mulrone, Lyons, P McCusker,
Connor, Quigley & T Corrigan

The Bus is being parked

What age is Ryan McCluskey now??

36 I think .  I believe he is the longest serving intercounty player left
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Schkite

Quote from: FermGael on May 19, 2017, 01:33:40 PM
Fermanagh team named .

Treacy,
Donnelly, Cullen,

The Bus is being parked

Thought that was Breheny?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: FermGael on May 19, 2017, 01:33:40 PM
Fermanagh team named .

Treacy,
Donnelly, Cullen,

The Bus is being parked

Nah Mark Breheny is, started in 2000.

FermGael

According to the Irish Mirror McCluskey is the longest serving intercounty player who has played championship.
Himself and Breheny both made their debuts against each other in the league in 2000.
Breheny started while McCluskey came off the bench.

Here's the link to the article

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/gaa/hurling/hurling-news/meet-gaas-longest-serving-inter-10440583.amp
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Main Street

It's not so long ago that the shoe was on the other foot and Monaghan were the team at a low ebb looking to make some upset in the first round of the Ulster championship. Regardless, anything other than a good win for Monaghan would be a seismic shock.
Good to see Colin Walsh and Vinny Corey lining up.

Schkite

I'd be very happy with that team named. Of course we can probably count on one or two changes before throw in, but I hope that full forward line of McCarthy, McCarron and McManus stays intact. Alot of scoring potential in that line and although I'd say McCarthy would play a little deeper than the other two, he is well capable of putting up scores himself so I'd be interested to see how all 3 play together.

Some good options off the bench too, it's good to see Dessie return after his injury. Michael Bannigan is another lad I'd be interested in seeing should he come on at some point. Vinny continues to be a key man in defence even as the years go on. All things going well, he should break 50 championship appearances this season.

JoG2

The black card was brought in to prevent or punish cynical fouling. How then was KH blacked carded for reacting to being pulled when neither himself or were on the ball, and Monaghan were the team in possession?  As usual it's always the man who reacts gets punished

The Trap

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: JoG2 on May 20, 2017, 07:16:43 PM
The black card was brought in to prevent or punish cynical fouling. How then was KH blacked carded for reacting to being pulled when neither himself or were on the ball, and Monaghan were the team in possession?  As usual it's always the man who reacts gets punished
Fermanagh player was pulled down when he tried to get up

manfromdelmonte

Beffs

twohands!!!

Quote from: JoG2 on May 20, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

I think the fact that his reaction was so blatant (and fairly close to the lineman) was what did for him.

manfromdelmonte

The Monaghan full back has been pushing everyone,  even after the ball has gone

Any chance the ref might book him?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Beffs on May 20, 2017, 07:23:17 PM
Ah that's a beaut of a goal now in fairness.

Lovely inching away from the defender by Lyons, putting the back in 2 minds, to make space for himself.