The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omochain

Quote from: Gmac on August 03, 2020, 05:20:21 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 03, 2020, 04:49:34 PM
There are two possibilities.

1 - Trump diligently read his briefings and listened to his highly qualified technical advisers about the security risks posed by TikTok and decided to ban it after a careful and nuanced discussion about the advantages, disadvantages, and implications of such a move.
2 - Trump saw Sarah Cooper's latest lip-sync parody of him, took it personally, and decided to ban TikTok.

Which do you think is more likely?
the irony is Sarah cooper will be out of work if trump is out of office and the grey clad rioters in your other post are the Democrat party .

You conveniently forget that Reagan converted the lads in the grey uniforms to the Republican Party with racist dog whistles...

J70

1 - Trump diligently read his briefings and listened to his highly qualified technical advisers about the security risks posed by TikTok and decided to ban it after a careful and nuanced discussion about the advantages, disadvantages, and implications of such a move.
2 - Trump saw Sarah Cooper's latest lip-sync parody of him, took it personally, and decided to ban TikTok.

the irony is Sarah cooper will be out of work if trump is out of office and the grey clad rioters in your other post are the Democrat party .

Those confederates are the ideological ancestors/counterparts of much of today's conservative movement.

That they switched parties after the mid-60s doesn't change that.

Eamonnca1

Ah, the old "Democrats used to be the racist party, therefore my conscience is clear today" defense. If Abe Lincoln tried to run for the GOP nomination today he'd be laughed off the stage and denounced on Fox News as an "SJW," and well you know it.

As for Sarah Cooper, she's an author and standup comedian. She's gonna have plenty of work when the Trump nightmare is over.

J70

Never ceases to amaze me.

The continually throw out the Democrat's history vis a vis the south and the civil war as some kind of Q.E.D. as if the past fifty years never happened.

Then at the same time they turn around and go apeshit about the confederate momuments, keeping the names of confederate generals on military bases, all while they fly the confederate battle flag at Trump rallies and until very recently at official state venues in certain places and on many of their properties and vehicles. And of course deny that racism is a real problem and try to falsely claim that white christian males are in fact the "real" victims.

Something doesn't quite compute.

J70

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on August 03, 2020, 06:07:03 PM

Ah, the old "Democrats used to be the racist party, therefore my conscience is clear today" defense. If Abe Lincoln tried to run for the GOP nomination today he'd be laughed off the stage and denounced on Fox News as an "SJW," and well you know it.

As for Sarah Cooper, she's an author and standup comedian. She's have plenty of work when the Trump nightmare is over.

Whether she disappears or not, she is doing sterling work right now.

That it gets under his self-obsessed, over-sensitive, insecure hyper-thin skin is brilliant!

Gabriel_Hurl

He won't like this

QuoteBreaking via NYT: The Manhattan district attorney's office has suggested that it has been investigating Trump and his company for possible bank and insurance fraud, a significantly broader inquiry than the prosecutors have acknowledged in the past.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/03/nyregion/donald-trump-taxes-cyrus-vance.html

QuoteNEW YORK (AP) — New York prosecutor seeking Trump's tax returns cites reports of 'protracted criminal conduct' at the Trump Organization.

Eamonnca1

No surprise there. This administration is one big criminal enterprise. Trump could be the first US president to actually get locked up. Here's hoping.

J70

I'll be happy enough with him just getting the boot from the electorate. He himself may be corrupt as f**k, but his political movement is way bigger than just Trump the man. A massive hiding might cause the GOP to rethink things as well, but I'll not hold my breath. They were there after 2012 before doubling down on ignorance and bigotry four years later.

sid waddell

Quote from: J70 on August 03, 2020, 07:39:23 PM
I'll be happy enough with him just getting the boot from the electorate. He himself may be corrupt as f**k, but his political movement is way bigger than just Trump the man. A massive hiding might cause the GOP to rethink things as well, but I'll not hold my breath. They were there after 2012 before doubling down on ignorance and bigotry four years later.
Failure to punish criminality invites a whole more of it. It rewards it.

It's just as important that these bastards end up behind bars as it is that they get turfed out of power.

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 03, 2020, 06:41:24 PM
He won't like this

QuoteBreaking via NYT: The Manhattan district attorney's office has suggested that it has been investigating Trump and his company for possible bank and insurance fraud, a significantly broader inquiry than the prosecutors have acknowledged in the past.

QuoteNEW YORK (AP) — New York prosecutor seeking Trump's tax returns cites reports of 'protracted criminal conduct' at the Trump Organization.
[/quote) I'm sure it will be madcows lead story tonight .

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on August 03, 2020, 09:27:08 PM
He won't like this

I'm sure it will be madcows lead story tonight .
Thanks for that. What a contribution. And definitely not the contribution of a misogynist creep who openly eulogises massive corruption by a US president because it "triggers the libs", or something.

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on August 03, 2020, 09:47:19 PM
Quote from: Gmac on August 03, 2020, 09:27:08 PM
He won't like this

I'm sure it will be madcows lead story tonight .
Thanks for that. What a contribution. And definitely not the contribution of a misogynist creep who openly eulogises massive corruption by a US president because it "triggers the libs", or something.
look back over your own posts and see what names you have called  posters you sanctimonious ass.

Gabriel_Hurl

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 04, 2020, 04:32:45 PM
Just a complete car crash of an interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

I can't watch it.

Its easy to laugh at his complete idiocy and delusion, but then you remember that there is a large minority of the population that still believes in this clown and we could be stuck with him for another four years.

Milltown Row2

He'd shouldn't do interviews, he's getting more like Homer Simpson by the day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1pWCkW95W0
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea