Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Hmmm....theres a good chance the county "board" agreed this lol. Ask your club delegate.

Nanderson

Heres an idea charge kids £2 that are there without an adult and any children accompanied by an adult gets in free. That way someone will actually be in charge for keeping an eye on their own children.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Nanderson on September 23, 2019, 09:11:15 PM
Heres an idea charge kids £2 that are there without an adult and any children accompanied by an adult gets in free. That way someone will actually be in charge for keeping an eye on their own children.

I have a hard time believing that the children of Kilcoo,Clonduff, Ballyholland and CPN will be making their own way to Newry for the weekend..

Nanderson

Quote from: Hedgehunter on September 23, 2019, 09:50:00 PM

I have a hard time believing that the children of Kilcoo,Clonduff, Ballyholland and CPN will be making their own way to Newry for the weekend..
They aren't the ones causing the problems its the ones hanging about Newry with nothing else to do on a saturday evening so they decide to go to a crowded game and muck about around the stands.

Last Caress

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 23, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Sean og sent an email round the clubs and due  to large number of young children being left unattended we will now be implementing a charge of £2 for U-16s. Honestly the county board are worse than Scrooge McDuck.
They haven't a clue. Does that mean you pay for toddlers and babies. County board please clarify...

Last Caress

Quote from: Last Caress on September 23, 2019, 10:06:02 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on September 23, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Sean og sent an email round the clubs and due  to large number of young children being left unattended we will now be implementing a charge of £2 for U-16s. Honestly the county board are worse than Scrooge McDuck.
They haven't a clue. Does that mean you pay for toddlers and babies. County board please clarify...
Sorry I should have written NEED TO CLARIFY.  Could cause issues at the turnstiles.

thewobbler

I've read through the explanatory letter a few times today.

Still though I'm struggling to grapple the correlation between a nominal entry fee for u16s, children playing on the field at half time, and teenagers forming into an antisocial group.

Chaps if you want to charge a few quid for kids, just be honest about it. Don't dress it up within this nonsense.

Last Caress

Quote from: thewobbler on September 23, 2019, 10:25:17 PM

Still though I'm struggling to grapple the correlation between a nominal entry fee for u16s, children playing on the field at half time, and teenagers forming into an antisocial group.

Chaps if you want to charge a few quid for kids, just be honest about it. Don't dress it up within this nonsense.
can that letter be posted up? Haven't seen it.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Nanderson on September 23, 2019, 10:04:46 PM
Quote from: Hedgehunter on September 23, 2019, 09:50:00 PM

While everyone else suffers financially??
They aren't the ones causing the problems its the ones hanging about Newry with nothing else to do on a saturday evening so they decide to go to a crowded game and muck about around the stands.

thebar

Totally agree I don't understand this link either....the kids are going mad so we are going to charge them all £2 quid to enter to go mad....what tripe...tell ya what sure if we charge to bring kids to the game the adults will mind them lol couldn't make it up

yewtree

Not long back great what a weekend still unbeaten in League reds forever, I'm hoarse and another trip away soon ,it is tough work.
On the local front was shocked to hear Kilcoo won ,heard was last 15minutes.But Burren are Burren ,they'll be back at top soon enough in another minor final and the dream team coming through soon. They will then dominate for a very long time.
The Point now definitely peoples' favourites in what I predict will be a Yellas v Point final.Clonduff with the yanks back will be too much for Kilcoo plus they have the mental edge on Kilcoo and if it gets physical will put them on their arses.In a war of attrition who would you fancy a Mickey Moran team or a Harte type team.?Clonduff will be tutored by experts and traditionally have had many tough men through the years ,Clonduff will win this one.
Setting it up for a great day out and a buzz around the area.

champion1981

@yewtree magpies 1-3 point 5-1 yellas  7-1 not sure but I think its kilcoo who are the favourites you clown💪🙈

supersub

Quote from: Ambrose on September 22, 2019, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: befair on September 22, 2019, 07:02:17 PM
Quote from: sdg on September 22, 2019, 03:12:14 PM
As I was at the game last night, how did the online service work? I hope this is going to happen for semi finals and final, it allows all Down Gaels across the world to keep in touch with home.
Worked well; obs not Sky HD quality, but a great service for gaels who couldn't make the game

Glad to hear they didn't charge this time, there were problems on Monday night and people were demanding refunds but none were forthcoming. They should really cover at least one game every weekend, more during the championship. If there was a small charge to watch all the games you couldn't complain, but I get the feeling they will try to milk it, as usual. Dublin GAA have their own Youtube channel they use this to broadcast live games, it's a pity we haven't got a close association with an IT company who could look into something similar.

Hope the Point go on and win it, they should have too much for Ballyholland, but this Ballyholland team won't lie down. Really looking forward to this one.

That is simply untrue. Please check your facts before posting things like this. I got a full refund before the night was out, as did every single person who paid for the service that evening I am lead to believe.

Hopefully something the streaming service continues, a small charge is nothing if you are able to access it from anywhere in the world. Armagh have been doing it for a few years and works well. Teething problems but a lot of overreactions as normal, replay stream was decent.

upandwin

Watched a lot of club championship football this year and it's been very hard to say anyone has impressed. The 'Big guns' (Burren and Kilcoo) have been far from their best. Rostrevor could've beaten Kilcoo and that was without Mooney...Burren should've been beaten by Castlewellan and struggled against Rostrevor 2nds team but still could (should) have had a semi final to look forward to...Mayobridge will feel like they've missed a massive opportunity-nothing against Ballyholland but the Bridge will feel like they let one slip, as they'd have fancied their chances against CPN in the Semis. Without doubt CPN have quality (best performance from any team in the competition when they played against Clonduff IMO) but I don't know that they want it as much as other teams, feel like they could blow a team out of the water but if it's really put up to them I'm not sure they have the fire in the belly. Genuinely can't see Clonduff beating Kilcoo, think there will be 6 or 7pts in that one. Ballyholland will massively fancy their chances of beating point, That's the draw they'd have wanted but I'm going for CPN by 3 though. CPN/Kilcoo final would make for best value for me as a neutral (They played out a cracker last year) but can't see anyone taking the Magpies...they just know how to grind out a win. Kilcoo to beat CPN in the final by 2...but all to play for!! Really looking forward to this weekend's games...

Ambrose

Quote from: Last Caress on September 23, 2019, 10:32:45 PM

can that letter be posted up? Haven't seen it.

You can't live off history and tradition forever