Laythrum v Ros 22/5/2016

Started by Rossfan, May 03, 2016, 12:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2016, 03:23:27 PM
Scheduled for there alright :D

Didn't Johnno call Páirc Seán 'a fortress' back in the day when Galway were dripping with uaisleacht?

Mayo emerged from Páirc Seán in 2006 with just a few tail feathers left, and little to crow about. We recovered our plumage only to be battered from the top of the dung heap in late September. But Leitrim was a hell of a rattle. I remember watching from the grassy knoll with a few pals. Hard to believe it's been 10 years! When went down to 14 McDanger was brilliant coming deep and getting on ball. Unbelievably some people criticised him for doing this.
Dunno much about Leitrim now but if they are up for it Ros. might have a battle on their hands.

maigheo

I think Leitrim were missing one or two of there big guns that day. They had a big F.Forward who came on late who created havoc and probably would have won if he was fit to start.McDonald did indeed have one of his best games for Mayo that day  and it seemed to me that he took it upon himself to come out from full forward in the 2ind half to drag us over the line.I remember one great run that he made near the end when he took about 3 big hits but it hardly knocked a whiff out of him.Ros will in all likely hood win this one and if its a comprehensive victory the NY debacle will quickly be forgotten.

seafoid

Quote from: rosnarun on May 03, 2016, 02:18:57 PM
i think the biggest galway crowd i have seen in castle bar was the first round in 1998 . it was as though the feckers could smell something was up.
ever since I've always considered losing finals a privileged compare to a summer being cut short like those pre-backdoor seasons
I miss the pre qualifier days as well. Following Galway agin Mayo from 95 to 98 was magical. Two fantastic teams ratcheting up the quality with every match.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

I think we never lost a Championship game ibPàirc Sheàin.
Any defeats to them were in the Hyde or the old St Coman's .
Mind you we were glad to get away from Carrick with a draw in 2004.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

The Leitrims are near as bad as the Mayos. Maybe even worse per capita. Christ a world where there was more Leitrim people. Terrible thought.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2016, 11:55:38 AM
The Leitrims are near as bad as the Mayos. Maybe even worse per capita. Christ a world where there was more Leitrim people. Terrible thought.
I always thought Leitrim people were dignified in defeat. And then every so often they win...

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2016, 04:59:17 PM
I always thought Leitrim people were dignified in defeat. And then every so often they win...
It's how they behave before the defeat.....
" I'd rather be a Paki than a Ross" one year :(

Farrandeelin

A few of them sang that after losing to us in 06 too. I was wondering why sing it after losing to us.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Imagine Connacht v Munster in the rugby, Sea.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2016, 06:03:32 PM

? 2 lots of foreign professionals puckin each other like buck goats?
Nah! Us and the Laythrums don't stoop that low. >:(

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 04, 2016, 08:44:06 PM

Im trying to talk to a Galway man in a langauge he'd understand..

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2016, 08:52:06 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 04, 2016, 08:44:06 PM

Im trying to talk to a Galway man in a langauge he'd understand..

;D :D :D :D ;D

seafoid

No interest in provincial rugby syf. Ros have more exposure to the school of hard knocks I suppose.
I expect at least a qf appearance this year given the D1 status.

Rossfan

On the evening of 12th March a qtr final was a real live probably.
However after the 27/3, 3/4, 10/4 and 1/5 games and the performances therein playing Laythrum is the only thing on the agenda right now.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2016, 07:17:17 AM

No interest in provincial rugby syf. Ros have more exposure to the school of hard knocks I suppose.
I expect at least a qf appearance this year given the D1 status.
You are expecting too much I feel, would be a remarkable turnaround for Roscommon if they can go from a one point win against New York to reaching AI quarter final in one summer.