Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goin Down

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2007, 09:43:53 AM
Anyone here have any dealings with that p***k of a ref from Swad before?

Whos that now?
Remember This.

Goin Down

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 21, 2007, 11:13:46 PM
Quote from: Goin Down on July 21, 2007, 03:52:34 PM
Thanks for that! :D

Is something funny about the reply?  Personally i didn't reply because I thought it was a stupid question from someone who spends most of his time on the coronation street thread. Maybe you should go back there and ask when the last time Vera kissed Jack was.

Hey Gobshite, I dont like Coronation St personally, I was only joining in with the craic on the thread! Got a problem with it? :P

Oh and whos Vera and Jack?
Remember This.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Bottom Brick on July 09, 2007, 02:34:53 PM
Was very impressed with Martin Reilly

Walsh was class by his standards in my opinion (still only middling by inter county standard though). He actually caught a ball cleanly Saturday, I swear I haven't seen him do that in about 2 years

Agree about Flanagan, poor on Saturday but an amazing talent and applies himself too

McKeever has had a desperate year

Sheridan did well

McCabe was our best player on Saturday, as he is in 75% of our games.

Forde was too preoccupied with pestering the ref and ensuring that any 50/50 decsions would go Mayo's way

This management team don't fancy Pierson, his attitude stinks by all accounts, and he won't be there next year, mark my words...

Larry will hang up the boots too probably

The Bottom Line The Bottom Brick - jaysus lads you were scraping the barrell there!

I think you'll find decsions is spelt decisions and barrell is spelt barrel
::) ::) ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

cavanmaniac

The last two interjections into this thread have me scratching me head.

Anyway, first round of SFC down for decision this weekend, yeah? At long last.

mylestheslasher

Well I am taking a vow of silence in relation to those latest interjections from now on. As for the championship, what the story with Ballinagh. They seem to be self destructing lately although Ballyhaiseman will no doubt be delighted with their victory over them at the weekend. Any feedback on that match? 2-5 to 0-10 I believe it was.

As for the county team. We drew with 14 men against Meath in 1st round of the league in Navan and were clearly the better team. Look at the difference between then and now!! :-\

Homer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 23, 2007, 02:38:48 PM
Well I am taking a vow of silence in relation to those latest interjections from now on. As for the championship, what the story with Ballinagh. They seem to be self destructing lately although Ballyhaiseman will no doubt be delighted with their victory over them at the weekend. Any feedback on that match? 2-5 to 0-10 I believe it was.

We haven't been in any sort of good form of late and this result is another in long line of poor performances. The Fin from Mullahoran was refereeing and he was atrocious for both sides to be honest.

We started slowly, but looked the more dangerous side; Declan Beard crashing a one-on-one effort of the post and wide.

At the break with Ballinagh leading 0-7 to 0-4, Ballyhaise introduced James Brady to full forward. Almost immediately from the re-start, Ballyhaise dropped one in on the square and a combination of Brady and a clanger from our goalie saw the ball in the back of the net. Ballinagh took the kickout and were on the attack when The Fin stopped the game claiming he had never received any slip for the Brady's substitution and ordered the second-half be restarted with the original score!

Ballyhaise soon rectified the incident after an opportunistic goal again from a high ball into the square. Ballyhaise were then reduced to 14 for verbal abuse and Cullivan went off shortly after with a knee injury. With Ballinagh leading by two at this stage it looked as though we would kill them off. But Ballyhaise kept at it and reduced the margin to one before being awarded and converting a penalty with minutes to go (a very dubious decision considering the rest of the Fin's refereeing IMO). We clawed one back but Ballyhaise held out for a one point win and two precious points for them.

shotstopper1

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 18, 2007, 12:50:25 PM
as all us Ballyhaise footballers are known to be alcoholics ;)

Is that why your not around today after your result at the w/e.
Was at the game Sat evening,entertaining enough with Ballinagh winning the first half and Ballyhaise the second. It was the introduction of James Brady who turned things around for ye and also the positioning of Kelly (who scored an excellent taken penalty in the last minute) on Durkin in the second half.Cullivan picked up a knee injury which looked like it was serious enough, will be a blow for ye're championship ambitions.Also Ballyhaise had one of their half backs sent off early in the second half for two yellows.As for Ballinagh,they missed several scoring opportunities in the first half , they should've being out of sight.Terry Smith and Cian McDermott were excellent, but Gumley was kept quiet by Slowey and Galligan was also quiet.McInerney came on in the second half but was a bit rusty, Gaynor togged out but didn't play,strange.
A case for the what happened next crew at the start of the second half.The ref threw the ball in Ballyhaise won it and drove it into the square where brady got a touch and it landed in the net.Goal for Ballyhaise,not so, they introduced two subs at half time but forgot to give the ref the note with the changes on it,therefore the goal was disallowed and the ref threw the ball in again after receiving the elusive slip of paper.This result may keep Ballyhaise in Div 1 for another year and may be a blow to Ballinagh in their defence of their league title.

Both teams were missing a number of regulars and it will be interesting to see how they fare in an Intermediate Championship, where among others Drumgoon and Lavey will be major contenders.

mylestheslasher

Are there any good refs in the county at the moment? Please god no one say Tommy Lyons!

cavan4ever

Quote from: shotstopper1 on July 23, 2007, 03:26:46 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 18, 2007, 12:50:25 PM
as all us Ballyhaise footballers are known to be alcoholics ;)

A case for the what happened next crew at the start of the second half.The ref threw the ball in Ballyhaise won it and drove it into the square where brady got a touch and it landed in the net.Goal for Ballyhaise,not so, they introduced two subs at half time but forgot to give the ref the note with the changes on it,therefore the goal was disallowed and the ref threw the ball in again after receiving the elusive slip of paper.

Thats well dodgy the ballyhaise secetary must have been on the drink before the game.

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 23, 2007, 03:58:08 PM
Are there any good refs in the county at the moment? Please god no one say Tommy Lyons!

Very few myles .. there are alot more bad one's especially that muppet from swad and the other fool from carnaross.

BallyhaiseMan

Shotstopper

No i wasnt on the beer all weekend after the game for once.

Cullivans injury is very bad on first reports,il let you know more after Tommorow nights training.

Homer, i would gloat,but you're a decent lad so,all il say is

have you every came across such an absolute tool of a referee as him on Saturday night? an absolute loony.

Alan Durkan cleaned out Brendan Lyons on Saturday night,
Barry Kelly was outstanding when he went back in on Durkan,not too many backs as good as him in the county.

Kevin Rooney was sent off for a reaction in an exchange with his Ballinagh opposition,not for a verbal.

both teams will be there or thereabouts for the intermediate championship,

we were missing Barry Lynch,Michael Rooney who is just back from injury and of course US Bound Sean McCormack who will be back sometime next month.

Ballinagh were of course also short.

Good to beat the nagh for once, its nearly four years ago since we beat them last and god knows how long since we beat them in Ballinagh.

a championship rematch would be interesting.

things worked out well for us with Castlerahan beating Kingscourt by a point

and Cavan Gaels beating Drumlane 2-16 to 0-05(in fairness Drumlane put up a better fight than the score shows,the Gaels pulled away in the last 15 minutes)

i believe that puts us 3 points ahead of Kingscourt and Drumlane with 3 games left.

The Bottom Brick

Oliver Og Reilly is the worst. most ignorant ref I have ever come across.

reffed us in a league match against Shercock a couple of yearts ago, I jogged past and asked him "what's the score", to which he growled

"Are ya blind? Can ya not see the fukin score board". I mean that's a joke. He destroyed that match, giving us everything early on (we went seven or eigth up) and then doing the opposite at the end, including giving a last minute free for a lift ball by Adrian Fitz which was about a foot off the ground! Of corse, Jody Clakre tapped over the equaliser

If he was just ignorant it wouldn't be as bad (like Pappy "Shut your fuckin mouth" Woods!), but he's a terrible, vindictive excuse for a ref.

See he reffed a couple of games in the Ulster MFC this year - times are bad, that's for sure...
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 23, 2007, 04:02:29 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 23, 2007, 03:58:08 PM

Very few myles .. there are alot more bad one's especially that muppet from swad and the other fool from carnaross.

I think I remember that lad from Carnaross. Was he kicked out of Meath or something for being so woeful? If it is the guy I am thinking off I remember playing against Ramor in Virginia once and seeing him totally destroy a game. In the end one of our players pushed him over cos he just couldn't handle his ridiculous decisions and got 12 months for it. It was chaotic stuff. I honestly thought he was tossing a coin when making his decision. Packie Smith was a great man for playing for the draw. I remember a few yrs abck cornafaen played Drumgoon in the Junior final. Drumgoon were well on top but still only a point up and Packie was playing and playing for the draw. Next thing Cornafaen has a shot for a point, half blocked, deflected and bounces in for a goal. Now Packie has really fucked up the draw so he starts playing more and more injury time - it was like he played a 3rd half. Anyway, the reds won and Drumgoon were not happy campers.

BallyhaiseMan

in fairness Packie Smith is one of the better ones in my opinion Myles,
always found him to be very fair.

cavan4ever

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 23, 2007, 04:46:56 PM
in fairness Packie Smith is one of the better ones in my opinion Myles,
always found him to be very fair.

He does play for a draw whenever he can though